Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Scy Nation ship turned into a black hole during a fight and blew up 15 of ships?  (Read 1386 times)

balramdau94

I was wondering if anyone had info on what the heck that was, because I was caught totally off guard. None of their ships mention any special abilities like it or anything.

Basically 15 of my ships were closing in on a cruiser and a frigate of some kind, and suddenly a swirling vortex of death spawned where the ship was and all my ships started falling into it and swirling around for about 15 seconds, then BOOM. 75% of my fleet instakilled.

I tried to re-create it but when I had my second battle it never happened, I just blew them all up pretty easily. I'm wondering if it is a special effect triggered when like 12+ ships are within very close range of a Scy Nation ship or something.

This was just a 140k bounty mission, they had nothing over a cruiser or support cruiser or any special quest going on, if that info helps.

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile

Spoiler
Its a large missile mounted weapon that shoots a blackhole.
[close]
You can mount one yourself if you managed to snatch it.
Hello!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Please don't take me too seriously.

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hello!