Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suggestion to modify fragmentation damage type  (Read 2246 times)

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion to modify fragmentation damage type
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 07:18:09 PM »

Let me clarify: I wasn't talking about the +150 armor skill, I was talking about minimum armor existing at all! The Vulcan used to do the full 500 DPS vs exposed hull, or 125/OP. That was somewhat unbalanced.

Yes but making the Vulcan having 25 pen vs 6.5 pen would not make it OP. But it would make the thumper not worthless

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 04:33:47 AM »

I really like the Thumper as a pirate/low tier weapon because its weak (good to have weak early game enemies) but potentially a nasty surprise if it does land on exposed hull. Just a little bit of spicy to keep things interesting.
Thumper needs to cost less OP.  It is just shy of being a mid-tier weapon in terms of cost.  (It costs more than Mortar and Arbalest.)  It is only a nasty surprise on small targets which limits it mostly to early game.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 05:06:34 AM »

I really like the Thumper as a pirate/low tier weapon because its weak (good to have weak early game enemies) but potentially a nasty surprise if it does land on exposed hull. Just a little bit of spicy to keep things interesting.
Thumper needs to cost less OP.  It is just shy of being a mid-tier weapon in terms of cost.  (It costs more than Mortar and Arbalest.)  It is only a nasty surprise on small targets which limits it mostly to early game.
Agreed.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »

The Thumper's description makes it sound like it's a PD-capable weapon ("Shreds enemy fighters and missiles...").  I've made a personal mod to test minor vanilla tweaks, including making the Thumper a more multipurpose PD-capable weapon (though it'll prioritize ships when they're in range).  I had to make other minor tweaks to act not super-clumsy at the PD part, but I think I still kept the spirit of the weapon intact.  The results have looked promising so far, I've found I'm much more likely to take Thumpers with that bonus.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »

I've made a personal mod to test minor vanilla tweaks, including making the Thumper a more multipurpose PD-capable weapon (though it'll prioritize ships when they're in range).
Intriguing. I'd very much like to play a mod which uses your Thumper values; care to share?
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 10:07:54 PM »

Sorry, I read that but forgot about it!  Yeah, I'll make a post with it attached here, tomorrow-ish.  It's not solely a Thumper mod though, it also (minorly) changes a few things on other weapons and ships, for experimental purposes.  You'll have to delete those lines in the .csvs if you want just the Thumper changes.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 09:13:57 AM »

Test mod including Thumper tweak and a handful of other things, as requested

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 [2]