Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "hullmod" for colonies / buildings  (Read 389 times)

Linkdeous

• Ensign
    • View Profile
"hullmod" for colonies / buildings
« on: December 14, 2020, 03:15:53 PM »

Hello, another suggestion again sorry !

I wanted to propose the following : i think building in the game is far too straight forward, build something, find the correct item (AI core or nanoforge or whatev) and have a basically straight upgrade to the building. I think it's a shame in a game of so so so many possiblities and tradeoff you see in combat/fleet management.
I think it would be absolutely awesome to have "tradeoffs mods" that just cost money and time to do(or maybe some more items to the game ?) to the different buildings you can do in-game :

A fuel industry could have for example a "Extra Refiners" mod that would increase the upkeep of the fuel refinery, but would give more fuel per unit of Volatiles, or it could have a "Dirty Processors" mod that make more Fuel per Volatiles, but at the cost of stability (no one would want to live in a polluted world amirite...?), a Population And infrastructure could have mod that represent a "regime" : "Total liberty" to raise stability, but reduce all commodities produced by one, "Gouvernement quotas" to make all industries produce more at the cost of stability, and this for every building. It would be absolutely awesome, and add a lot of "RP" in the game ; if you think your faction as a space totalitarian empire, you wouldn't govern and do the same things as a person with ethics that want people to be happy, and so on !
Thanks for reading, i hope you like this idea !