Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ideas on how to make the game more interesting  (Read 1879 times)

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ideas on how to make the game more interesting
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:26:13 PM »

Well i was thinking that there could be easy groups for each kind of person like tri tachion and hegemony. Like they would have a few people and would be quite easy. As you get later into the game you can find groups of people who have much much better fleets. There should be about 2 main ships per group. Like tri tachyon have the carrier and the other ship i think its the odessey. Its annoying because i got to a certain point where the pirates are pathetic yet the others are way to big to fight. In late game they should have HUGE fleets of elite crew and be able to destroy you if needed. Another cool idea would to be eventually leave the solar system which could let you see other solar systems. Another thing could be capturing stations like the secret base or the supply station etc. They would have there own defences they so you could defeat the system then its yours. There could be ship manufactures where you can order the ships to have them sent into your system but they can be attacked by others. There could be more factions if there is the system takover. I was wondering what you guys on the forum think of this and i would love to hear your answer

Cryten

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas on how to make the game more interesting
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:13:15 AM »

What will you discover in the ongoing development of the world of Starfarer?

Single player, gritty, dystopian sci-fi setting
    Classic top down gameplay style enhanced by modern technology
    A procedurally generated sector of the galaxy, seeded with well-known core worlds and factions
    Develop your character into a hot-shot pilot, a cagey admiral, an industrial magnate – or anything in between
    Outfit ships with your weapons of choice and add hull modifications to create crushing tactical combinations
    Explore hundreds of star systems to find habitable worlds, rich resource deposits, and lost technology
    Assemble a large, powerful fleet or a finely-tuned task force with hand-picked officers and crew
    Cripple core world supply lines to cause chaos and create easy prey for piracy or bolster the rule of law and try to reverse the sector’s descent into anarchy
    Impact the fate of the sector with your decisions and leave a permanent mark in the world

I think alot of what you are suggesting is infered in these details of the games goals to create. I imagine that each system in this sector will have thier own power groupings that will accelerate as the system is developed or drop as the system is sabotaged. I also imagine that aquiring large fleet will be much harder then now but that is a bit at odds with how easy it is to lose ships since we are always engaging in deadly dogfights.

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 05:17:05 AM »

Yup, it's going to be epic, you just have to remember that the game is still in alpha(!!) and it already has so much content. Alpha is before Beta and beta is before release, so there's a long, long way to go.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »

Plus those big fleets aren't so scary once you get used to the game.

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 12:00:31 PM »

I just thought these could be things that could be implemented into the game later and they probably will. I just wondered if u guys thought these were good ideas. Also I know that its still in alpha and they will be adding things. Thanks for responding. Also Cryten ur vids are awesome.