Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I had to stop reading the .95 patch notes....  (Read 3354 times)

OmegaMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
I had to stop reading the .95 patch notes....
« on: December 05, 2020, 07:11:45 PM »

.. BC Too many cool things I want to experience now,  what are the chances of a 2020 release?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: I had to stop reading the .95 patch notes....
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 07:31:58 PM »

Not likely.

OmegaMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »

"Added a new, very rare and powerful enemy
                  ...13 new special weapons specific to this enemy"

I saw these animations on twitter, stop making us wait so long!

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 11:59:17 PM »

The chances of a 2021 release, however, are exceedingly high. ;D

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 04:34:13 AM »

<-snip-> stop making us wait so long!

"...so long?", you say?  ::)

BWAAHAHAHAHAAAA

I've been calmly waiting ten little years -- no lie; since December of 2010 -- for this fascinating and immersive game to one day be feature-complete and polished to a final shine.

It was this now-nostalgic *third* entry ever in the official blog (be sure to watch that video linked therein...) -- written exactly a decade ago, TODAY, and which I stumbled upon about a week later -- which first sold me on the concept of Starfarersector. This forum itself didn't even exist yet!

Regarding 0.95, we can afford to be patient.

(Pai Mei mode activated)

Others must follow same path. To me you are like little baby, padawan. ;D  Your eagerness is gratifying but you must be like mountain rock, ignoring the lash of wind and rain as the passage of seasons blurs together.

Another hour? After Christmas? Next year? Post-COVID19? After the Smartphone Uprising? The questions are meaningless, for time is elastic. Excellence will not be rushed by crying of mortals, singing ancient and honorable hymn of Shut Up And Take My Money. Instead, become one with the Tao of dev-timeTM, and you will have achieved true Nirvana-like patience with the blessed Alex (glory unto his name). The path to fulfillment beckons. Fear God! Honor the King! Smash the [REDACTED]! So sayeth Drunken Master.

(Is my bottle of sake empty already? Dang, son. :D )
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 06:02:15 AM »

I kidnapped Alex's pet bear and he wouldn't rush the release, that guy won't be rushed. Which is a good thing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:57:21 PM by Locklave »

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 08:43:38 AM »

Ancient wisdom holds that all products and services must be balanced within a triangle of qualities.  The points of this triangle include cheap, fast, and good.  We may either have a completely balanced product that is reasonably priced, decent quality and done in a reasonable amount of time, or we may focus on at most two qualities.  Starsector is already fairly cheap, so we have but to choose between fast and good.

I say quality.  The impatient are not to be heeded as they only lead to rushed, half-finished work.  I've been following Starsector for a couple years myself now; I can wait a few more months for the best end product if that's what it takes.

Ryan390

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 06:07:31 AM »

Everyone's going to busy with Cyberpunk as of the 10th so release SS whenever next year IMO.
The industry is pretty bleak right now, not a lot of cool games to play, it's all just the same re-hashed stuff.

Looking forward to our release of Star Sector, hopefully get some progress towards the story.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 10:06:30 AM »

<-snip-> stop making us wait so long!

"...so long?", you say?  ::)

BWAAHAHAHAHAAAA

I've been calmly waiting ten little years -- no lie; since December of 2010 -- for this fascinating and immersive game to one day be feature-complete and polished to a final shine.

It was this now-nostalgic *third* entry ever in the official blog (be sure to watch that video linked therein...) -- written exactly a decade ago, TODAY, and which I stumbled upon about a week later -- which first sold me on the concept of Starfarersector. This forum itself didn't even exist yet!

Regarding 0.95, we can afford to be patient.

(Pai Mei mode activated)

Others must follow same path. To me you are like little baby, padawan. ;D  Your eagerness is gratifying but you must be like mountain rock, ignoring the lash of wind and rain as the passage of seasons blurs together.

Another hour? After Christmas? Next year? Post-COVID19? After the Smartphone Uprising? The questions are meaningless, for time is elastic. Excellence will not be rushed by crying of mortals, singing ancient and honorable hymn of Shut Up And Take My Money. Instead, become one with the Tao of dev-timeTM, and you will have achieved true Nirvana-like patience with the blessed Alex (glory unto his name). The path to fulfillment beckons. Fear God! Honor the King! Smash the [REDACTED]! So sayeth Drunken Master.

(Is my bottle of sake empty already? Dang, son. :D )

Wow, and I thought I picked up the game early back when Cynical Brit made a video on it, can't believe how much heath the Falcon/Eagle used to pack.

Early Starfarer sound effects were cancer for me, everything was so high pitched.

I reckon we'll see 1.0 in 2022.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:08:11 AM by Sabaton »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 10:10:29 AM »

Early Starfarer sound effects were cancer, everything was so high pitched.
Mostly, but there were a few old ones that are still better than the modern ones.  Old TPCs and Heavy Mortar sounds were better.

Madao

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »

The questions are meaningless, for time is elastic. Excellence will not be rushed by crying of mortals, singing ancient and honorable hymn of Shut Up And Take My Money. Instead, become one with the Tao of dev-timeTM, and you will have achieved true Nirvana-like patience with the blessed Alex (glory unto his name). The path to fulfillment beckons. Fear God! Honor the King! Smash the [REDACTED]! So sayeth Drunken Master.

As someone who has been following the game only a few posts after you did and bought it a couple months later I relate to this on a spiritual level. Time has lost meaning, what has this game done to me.. Worth it though.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 09:46:22 PM »

Wow, and I thought I picked up the game early back when Cynical Brit made a video on it, can't believe how much heath the Falcon/Eagle used to pack.

Early Starfarer sound effects were cancer for me, everything was so high pitched.

It's so weird and surreal how we as a collective community have all had starsector and its development accompany us through a significant portion of our lives. I first played the game 7 years ago, when I was still freshman in college. Starsector has literally been in development as I went through college, graduated, built a short career, and now as I'm half-way through grad-school. 

And it really feels like some things have come full circle. I vaguely remember how back in the day, when I first started playing, buoys used to give extra DP. It was removed. and now years later it's making a comeback in 0.95.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:48:11 PM by Flying Birdy »

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 10:03:01 PM »

It's so weird and surreal how we as a collective community have all had starsector and its development accompany us through a significant portion of our lives. I first played the game 7 years ago, when I was still freshman in college. Starsector has literally been in development as I went through college, graduated, built a short career, and now as I'm half-way through grad-school. 

And it really feels like some things have come full circle. I vaguely remember how back in the day, when I first started playing, buoys used to give extra DP. It was removed. and now years later it's making a comeback in 0.95.

Yea, there are some old people around here for sure...some of us grew up playing this game. The wait and speculation never gets old, and we didn't had discord back in the day.

I'm in my mid 20's and have been playing this game on and off since mid high school, Starsector and STALKER being my most played games by far.

It's a shame how many mods die for good with every new release (Exigency and Ironclads were so good) but fortunately some old timers (Shadowyards and Blackrock) are still around to say nothing of the great new mods appearing ever since this game got a popularity spike.

And given that Alex would like to release some expansions down the line I'll likely be here in my 30's as well.... Now I understand why old guard gamers have such strong feelings.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:10:29 PM by Sabaton »

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 11:44:08 PM »

Maybe in 2034 it will be released