Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could my game be bugged?  (Read 1381 times)

Radio Edit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Could my game be bugged?
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:29:18 PM »

Hello, so i've gotten quite a lot of alpha A.I cores and making a TON of cash from my colonies (1,5 mil a month from 8 of them) and i have yet to see ANY downsides to this investment:

*The hegemony doesn't "Inspect" my colonies for A.I cores (maybe it's because i have a Mercenary commision with them?)
*The luddic path sleepers really do nothing (well, there are some "rebellions" but they're always put down since the planet is so well developed)
*The luddic church/path doesn't really do raids on me, even though they have sleepers...

And that's about it, save from the occasional war i go due to my alliance with the hegemony - my colonies are really super *** ultra buff due to the synchrotic cores, the pristine nanoforges and beta A.I cores managing them while my Alphas manage the colony.

So what gives?

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Could my game be bugged?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:26:40 PM »

Oh definitely, can you send savefile to Alex?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 07:38:35 AM »

Luddic Church sends expeditions for having free port on. It doesn't do anything if you use AI cores.
Luddic Path's reaction are those pather cells, but since they're bugged, they always fail. If they weren't bugged, you'd periodically get industries sabotaged by the path.

Radio Edit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 03:17:41 PM »

Huh, i have a few free ports, they're pretty far from the core worlds for RP purposes, but they never get raided still

Radio Edit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 03:19:09 PM »

Oh definitely, can you send savefile to Alex?
Sure, could you link him to me?
Could it also be because i use mods? I didn't go overboard, just mostly use Nexerelin, but i didn't restart my game once i installed it since i didn't want to lose progress

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 05:40:37 PM »

Yeah, it doesn't sound like sending me a savefile would be a good option here! It's hard enough to load when there are some mods involved (I'd need to get the correct versions etc) and it's unclear whether there's actually a bug, and if there is, whether it's a vanilla issue or not - it kind of seems like it wouldn't be.

I'm not sure if Nexerelin can be added to an in-progress game - I don't *think* it can be, but others would know better.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 07:23:51 AM »

There's a Nexerelin setting to turn off most expeditions (but not AI inspections), but it's not enabled by default.

I'm not sure if Nexerelin can be added to an in-progress game - I don't *think* it can be, but others would know better.
Adding Nex to an existing save is supported, although not all mod features (specifically spawning one market and changing some of the vanilla ones) will be applied.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »

Adding Nex to an existing save is supported, although not all mod features (specifically spawning one market and changing some of the vanilla ones) will be applied.

Ah, thank you - good to know!

Radio Edit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 03:54:17 PM »

So... should i send you the save file? I don't really have any other mods that change the base game other than that.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 04:40:24 PM »

Hmm, I don't think it'd be worth it - pretty sure that this is still something mod-related as I'm not aware of any issues like this with inspections in vanilla, and, as mentioned before, it'd be a fair amount of work for me to load up the savefile and check into it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »

I reread the OP and something is confusing me. Do you have a commission (vanilla feature), or an alliance (Nexerelin feature) with Hegemony? The latter blocks AI inspections, the former doesn't.

Hmm, I don't think it'd be worth it - pretty sure that this is still something mod-related as I'm not aware of any issues like this with inspections in vanilla, and, as mentioned before, it'd be a fair amount of work for me to load up the savefile and check into it.
Though, Radio Edit, if you post the save I can run some quick checks on it when I have the time.

Maeleth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 12:01:36 AM »

I reread the OP and something is confusing me. Do you have a commission (vanilla feature), or an alliance (Nexerelin feature) with Hegemony? The latter blocks AI inspections, the former doesn't.

Having a commission with Hege will also block AI inspections if you have Nexerelin installed. At least it was a thing as far as I can remember. Same goes for Tri-Tach and their blue friends from outer space.