Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliaries (HEA) - v.0.95  (Read 129226 times)

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliaries (HEA) - v.0.95
« on: November 25, 2020, 12:55:01 PM »

This is a fork of PCCL's original Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet mod, updated to be compatible with update 0.9.1a.

Many thanks to PCCL for generously granting permission for updating this project to 0.9.1a standards, and of course for making the original Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet mod in the first place.  The original mod can be found here.

(Due to technical difficulties that just so happened to precisely intersect with me updating this mod, I currently lack a thumbnail to showcase the ships.  I apologize for the inconvenience and hope to rectify this soon!  In the meantime, the original mod thread does have a picture showcasing most of the ships included here.)

Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet

Features:
Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary variants of both civillian ships and armed freighters.  "Expeditionary" upgrades go a bit further than the typical Auxiliary upgrade package.
Expeditionary Auxiliary ships include: Shepherd, Cerberus, Mule, and Venture.
Starting options in Nexerelin using the new Auxiliary ships for the Hegemony

Changelog
Spoiler
v1.31 (0.95)
Port to Starsector version 0.95-RC10
Moderate reduction to Expeditionary hullmod's supply cost increase (20%->10%), significant reduction to (but not complete removal of) flux stat buffs (25%->10%).

v1.3
-Added Cerberus (A)
    Consumes the Shielded Cargo Hold to permanently mount shield and increase OP budget, significantly increasing survivability in combat but reducing its viability as a smuggler's vessel.
-Added Borer Drone (A)
    Features Expeditionary Upgrades, functionally a bit swifter than originals and a bit improved anti-missile performance.
-2 start options added for Nexerelin:
    Small Trade (Mule A/Cerberus A/Shepherd A)
    Large Explorer (Venture A/Mule A/Shepherd A)
-Some assorted revisions to default variants of Expeditionary Auxiliary vessels
-General Revisions: Civillian ships given Militarized Subsystems.  Expeditionary Auxiliary hullmod remains unchanged.
-Shepherd (A): Borer Drone wing switched to Borer Drone (A), Salvage Gantry reintroduced, -3 to OP budget
-Mule (A): Medium turret switched back to Composite to match Vanilla, small turrets switched to Hybrids, +10 to OP budget
-Venture (A): Surveying Equipment reintroduced, -15 to OP budget
-Default variants may have been revised a bit to match some of the changes.  Variant OP may be off by a few points, as they're currently set in anticipation of Patch 0.95.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 07:32:52 PM by Retry »

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliaries (HEA) - 0.9.1a port
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 03:46:09 PM »

Very nice! Been looking forward to someone doing this.

A question for you tho, I saw that you were doing faction variants of fighters and ships on the Discord. Will those get rolled into this mod or will they be seperate?

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 05:19:25 PM »

Very nice! Been looking forward to someone doing this.

A question for you tho, I saw that you were doing faction variants of fighters and ships on the Discord. Will those get rolled into this mod or will they be seperate?
Those are separate projects.  This mod's scope is expanding the Hegemony Auxiliary fleet like PCCL's mod, so the only thing that'll be added here are Auxiliary variants.

The variant fighters & ships I've been posting are for another project I'm working on.  Currently dubbed "Guns & Gear", the main focus of that mod is expanding the selection of weapons (both fighters and guns) and hullmods.  It's not really ship-focused like most expansion packs, though I've also been toying with the idea of doing special ship variants for the Knights of Ludd.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 12:52:10 PM »

I have (terrible) idea! can i request (A) variant of Legion? It's act like Legion XIV with 2 large missile mount but without XIV armor and couple of downside? It can be great since how rare Legion XIV are, it can be an attempt by Hegemony to revive XIV with post-collapse industries.

Thanks in advance. Love your works!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 01:08:37 PM »

I have (terrible) idea! can i request (A) variant of Legion?
I thought the entire purpose of " Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliaries " was to turn Civilian hulls into Militarized? Aren't Legion-class always Military already?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 01:11:13 PM »

Oh, i don't know that, i'm just desperate for easily accessible Legion XIV i guess.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 08:18:55 AM »

Would you consider adding a colossus (A) and Atlas (A) to this mod? Maybe a Mudskipper (A) as a little carrier maybe?

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 06:58:25 PM »

Colossus (A) is a possibility.  I'm not saying the Atlas (A) is a definite no, but it's not really a thing I'm looking at currently.  Mudskipper (A) is something I'm mulling over, though it definitely won't be a carrier.

In both cases, if they're implemented they'll be leaning much more heavily on the "utility" side of Auxiliaries than the combat side.

Edit:
I have (terrible) idea! can i request (A) variant of Legion? It's act like Legion XIV with 2 large missile mount but without XIV armor and couple of downside? It can be great since how rare Legion XIV are, it can be an attempt by Hegemony to revive XIV with post-collapse industries.

Thanks in advance. Love your works!

Oh, i don't know that, i'm just desperate for easily accessible Legion XIV i guess.
I'd presume that'd be as simple as making a mod with one skin file that overwrites vanilla's Legion XIV to add the "14th Battlegroup BP" tag.  That could be done in maybe 5 minutes in a sort of "micromod" if you like.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 09:23:37 PM by Retry »

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 02:35:13 AM »

now this is epic

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2021, 06:24:43 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THIS

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 03:13:16 PM »

NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THIS
why not its epic

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliaries (HEA) - v.0.95
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 01:04:52 PM »

Extremely minor update for compatibility with Starsector version 0.95.  While nothing should be broken, I've done a grand total of 30 seconds of testing, so if there's issues please bring a mention here.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 03:20:51 PM »

Extremely minor update for compatibility with Starsector version 0.95.  While nothing should be broken, I've done a grand total of 30 seconds of testing, so if there's issues please bring a mention here.
now this is epic

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 01:12:53 AM »

Thanks for updating this. Version checker is showing this is v1.21. Your changelog is showing the latest is v1.31.

PeTeTe809

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2023, 04:14:37 AM »

Update when?
Pages: [1] 2