Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: So I just bought a new mid-high end 50mm headset...  (Read 794 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
So I just bought a new mid-high end 50mm headset...
« on: November 24, 2020, 08:16:19 AM »

This is a rather new experience to me and I'm quite pleased with my purchase so I'm going to write this while listening to Sabaton.

I must have had them on my amazon wishlist for a year and a half but they finally, finally went on discount so I got myself a pair of Razer Nari Ultimate headphones. (Local store asked 299 euros, non-discounted price on Amazon asked 180, I got them for 130).

I never got myself a proper pair of headphones to use at home since I work AND work out outside meaning I've got both small bluetooth dingies and a I don't care we're in the wild I'm blasting Slipknot, their screwed up songs too bluetooth stereo and having a pair of wireless headphones doubling the width of my head is sort of new to me. They are enormous and I actually feel their weight despite my headbanging hobbies so you know they're chonky (Amazon description says they weigh 0.43 Kilos, whew)

I almost got a heart attack playing Duskers. I did not expect the arguably absurd levels of rumble this thing packs. It's great. I also tried listening to some intense songs (Orphan - Slipknot) and the sound quality is so damn clear I can actually vividly hear Corey's voice over the drums and beer kegs having a bender in the background making the headphones' rumble actually visible when staring into a mirror with the synaptic feedback cranked up high in the settings!

I would not recommend this to people that tend to get dizzy with VR/Bass and people that would mostly use them outside without the boon of using the razer Synapse app to tweak the settings. Oh and most people with a thin neck. Seriously. I am personally loving them so far but I would probably send them back were I to possess any of the human features listed in the previous sentence.

You can probably search youtube for a review video if you're interested. No I'm not getting paid for this.

Edit: Okay, Gauss Cannon sounds feel like an elephant crashing in my apartment. I might have to adjust the settings a bit  ::)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:19:21 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.