Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Seeker - Unidentified Contact 0.53rc1 (2023/02/27)  (Read 349965 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Seeker - Unidentified Contact 0.42 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2021, 02:52:52 AM »

Found an Endymion recently, tried it out and it feels like, well, a disappointment.

Compared to nuHyperion (which, granted, may be pretty OP), the Endy has:
- 20% higher cost to deploy (18 vs 15)
- 60% (!!) less armor (100 vs 250) and hull (1000 vs 2500); building in Heavy Armor is mandatory to not get shredded the moment your shield goes down
- 58.75% less flux capacity (3300 vs 8000)
- 44% less flux dissipation (280 vs 500)
- 1/6th less efficient shield (0.7 vs 0.6)
- 7.7% less OP (60 vs 65)
- lacks a ballistic-compatible mount, so relies on missiles or certain energy weapons to break shields
+ 25% higher top speed (150 vs 120)
+ 63% lower shield upkeep (113 vs 300)
+ 50% longer PPT (180 vs 120)

Compared to a Tempest costing less than half as much, it's slower and flimsier while having barely better base flux stats. Without proper shield-breaking weapons (I eventually found SRA's Chaingang CEPC does the job), it can be stalled by frigates a third of its cost because it can't win flux wars and it can't afford to lower its shields (unless its Temporal Shell is running, and even then some weapons pose a danger).

I think if its flux and hull/armor stats were buffed to within shouting range of the Hyperion, it'd actually be worth using.

Do others feel differently about it?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2021, 09:15:09 AM »

Found an Endymion recently, tried it out and it feels like, well, a disappointment.

[...]

Do others feel differently about it?
Given that the Endymion is based on the 0.9.1 Hyperion, it does not surprise me that it's dramatically under-performing. See, for example, my mod here that buffs the 0.9.1 Hyperion up to a functional level.

That said, it's certainly not the only way to go about buffing the Hyperion - and Seeker's Endymion, unlike my mod-Hyperion, doesn't need to retain compatibility with vanilla Hyperion variants, which opens up options that I was unwilling to pursue.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2021, 09:39:32 PM »

I've killed Safeguard like 3 times in a row now and haven't gotten the flying artillery piece to drop his loot. Am I missing something? Does he not drop anything? I know I can't recover Safeguard, but a Nanotech weapon would be nice.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2021, 12:27:54 AM »

It can drop but its rare. You might have better luck with the other Plague Bearers that use more of those weapons.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2021, 06:23:06 PM »

So, went into a battle with an Augur (against the Tesseract, if it matters), and got the following:
14991776 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.shipsystems.scripts.SKR_empStats.apply(SKR_empStats.java:40)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.return.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2021, 03:18:27 PM »

Appologies if this has been related before but the demeter seems like it generates revenue even when mothballed which seems a bit broke. Edit: if you could have the effect only happen above X% CR it should take care of itself I think.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:31:18 PM by Wriath »

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2021, 09:30:01 PM »

First of all, I feel the need to say in advance that I do enjoy this mod and seems well done for what it is. That said, I have feedback.

On the easily obtainable ships(Hedone, Tumbleweed, butterfly, civilian capitals, and probably a few others I forgot that I found in the market often): There's not a whole lot I have to say about these. They exist and they seem to fit, but I personally didn't see much use for them. They were not out of place in AI fleets and the combat ships performed well enough for what they were.

On the seemingly only salvageable ships(557, Onyx, Siegfried, Marksman, Trailblazer): The ones I could find among these were quite interesting. The 557 was fun to use for a minute, but fell off insanely hard against most things with a bigger gun. It has a lot of speed, but not so much that you can skip out on a speed hullmod and still circle around any cruiser. Served a purpose and was fun to use, but not game-breaking. The Onyx was  odd to say the least. Front focused weapons and Temporal Shell work quite well together, but it's also rather slow. Very normal of a capital of course, as otherwise it would not need support. It very badly needs support against even 2 targets if it can't take one down or flux it out in time. I didn't use it that often, but when I did, it didn't do that bad. The Siegfried was exactly as the description made it out to be. Defender, not an attacker. Agonizingly slow, but good enough protection overall to fend off most if not all small crafts within range. As for the Marksman/Trailblazer, I never got to use them, just found them in combat a single time in the playthrough, but was unable to recover them. They seemed to do fine(at least in the hands of the AI). Can't say much on ships you haven't used though.

On all the spoiler ships...
Spoiler
First one I found was the rampage. Quite menacing when I first found it, as it was soon after I started and I barely had more than one destroyer and was only set up for exploration and low end combat. When I had enough to go against it, it was an interesting enough fight. Nothing too fancy, but didn't go down easy. My only question would be why did it start to try to flee? I thought it was an AI, and they never seem too keen on running away.
Second one was the Cataclysm. This one did give me a good bit of trouble because of the entourage it had with it. After I did enough strike runs to get rid of all them and isolate it, a few capitals and a destroyer or two took it down easy-ish. Losses are to be expected. Either way, a more interesting encounter than normal. I did recover a few zealot ships, but did not use them, as I had better things at that point.
Third was White Dwarf. I literally never have a good time fighting the remnant and this was no different. Painful as always, and took a lot of my ships down with it. I didn't even get much of anything after the fighting was over, which was mildly disappointing. Was hoping for more than the normal number of Alpha Cores recoverable or just something other than a slow clap. Not even special text.
Fourth is Nova. As with White Dwarf, this was also painful. It actually wasn't as painful as the other though. I didn't try the same thing, so I imagine that was the difference though. So after I killed it, nothing happened. Nothing at all. This time it was more than mildly disappointing.
Fifth and final(I think) is Safeguard. I don't even know what the main cannon does. Phase ships tore this thing to shreds with very little resistance. The meager payout was expected of domain tech. Was by far the easiest fight among these. Nothing more for me to say on it.

So what is the point in killing all of these? Are there more of them that I don't know about? I've explored literally every system and that is all I've found. Are there quests that I didn't find that give you more applause than your own 2 hands when you kill them? I want to feel like I accomplished something when I finally overcome each of them. I know exactly when they are not recoverable, and I probably wouldn't bother using them anyway, but I got the weapons they were using and nothing else. I found the derelict Onyx in the same system as Nova(I think it was that one, either that or it was White Dwarf), but I don't know if that's just a coincidence. So maybe the Onyx was the "reward" for one of them? I wanted a blueprint of something, or just a little something. It felt basically pointless to kill all of them. I got their weapons, which are nice, but it didn't feel like much of a reward. Maybe I'm being picky or spoiled by other mods. The only other one I will bring up here is HMI. After you do the hidden stuff in that mod, you get blueprints of stuff. It's not terribly easy to get, and it's not broken, but it's something. I didn't even see a text prompt come up when I killed them. Just the normal stuff. I did use some of the plagued weapons, and they are good, but not great. Seeing as they reduce CR, I prefer to use other weapons. The exotic weapons are quite good though. Not by a long shot, just rather good.
[close]

Anyways, this mod is rather nice and it is one of the mods that actually made me explore the entire sector looking for stuff.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2021, 10:05:13 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!
Onyx is always guarded by Nova, that's the reward for this fight against remnants. The other 4 are plague-bearers bosses and will have *MUCH* better rewards next update.

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2021, 10:22:01 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!
Onyx is always guarded by Nova, that's the reward for this fight against remnants. The other 4 are plague-bearers bosses and will have *MUCH* better rewards next update.

Awesome! Looking forward to it.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2021, 10:32:36 PM »

I noticed that you removed the Nova from the Remnants doctrine, you might want to consider making it even more powerful if it's mission exclusive, just to make the encounter unforgettable.
^^

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2021, 03:37:38 PM »

I noticed that you removed the Nova from the Remnants doctrine, you might want to consider making it even more powerful if it's mission exclusive, just to make the encounter unforgettable.

It doesn't need to be more powerful imo, it's already a supercapital backed up by a sizeable (200 fp!) remnant fleet in a high danger system
also nova's been gone from their fleets for a while, you only noticed now?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Seeker - Unidentified Contact 0.50rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2021, 10:16:58 AM »

Seeker is finally making its first steps away from a regular ship pack and toward it's initial goal of being a story-driven quest and exploration mod:

Together with the new Magic Bounties system introduced in MagicLib, it now features more than a dozen special bounties to hunt and capture all those unique ships. Several other bounties point to the other rare ships as a fast way to obtain them when they are the most relevant to your advancement in a campaign.

Since a dozen ships are now unique, a lot of them have received mild to significant buffs: A lot of ship-systems now properly benefit from skills, and a few stats have been improved.

Among those, the Siegfried-class Dreadnought got a full overhaul. Now there is only one variant instead of three, but it can be altered in profound ways using a similar "hullmod toggle" system as the Virtuous or the Versant from Diable Avionics. However in this case some changes are so drastic, they aren't exactly supported by the game engine: When changing the weapon mounts types in refit, you'll need to select a different ship then come back for that to take effect. Ultimately this system will eventually get replaced by a dialog at a special facility, but that is a talk for a later time.

Another new feature that may peek your interest concern the four Plague-Bearer fleets. In addition to the usual stacks of weapons, defeating them now drops unique special rewards that will make you life in the sector just a tad more convenient. Speaking of them, they now have a musical theme composed by Mesotronik, made possible by the donations of all my generous Patrons.

Changelog

NEW CONTENT:

- Added 13 special bounties to hunt the unique ships. Those no longer appear in random fleets.
 - Added 10 early-game bounties giving access to rare ships if you are up to the challenge.
 - Plague-bearers:
   . Now spawn in random systems.
   . Will aggressively hunt the player once attacked.
   . Drop some *very* compelling new rewards.
   . Now has a custom musical theme, composed by Mesotronik, and made possible by the donations from all my generous patrons.

BALANCING:

- Augur-class frigate:
   . Added one small missile hardpoint to improve the ship's behavior and its use of the system,
   . EMP Discharge system cooldown raised to 15s from 10,
   . Shield efficiency improved to 0.6 from 0.7,
   . OP amount raised to 50 from 40.

- Endymion-class frigate:
   . Hull and armor raised to 2250/200 from 1000/100,
   . Flux dissipation raised to 350 from 275,
   . Small hardpoints now UNIVERSAL from MISSILE,
   . OP amount raised to 70 from 60.
   > The Hyperion got such a huge jump in power in 0.95!

- Hedone-class:
   . Time Splitter system default time acceleration reduced to x10 from x16,
   . Time Splitter time acceleration raised to x15 with the System Expertise skill,
   . OP available raised to 50 from 45.
   > The Hedone should still be amazing while it lasts, but also a smidgen more versatile now

- Marksman-class:
   . Perfect reloads now triples the damage of the next shot instead of doubling it.
   . Reload system tweaked to behave better with high level officers.
   . Reload system gets much easier to use with the System Expertise skill.
   . Hull and armor raised to 7000/750 from 5000/500.
   > The ship was a bit underwhelming for its fragility so this should fix that.

- 557-class:
   . Flux dissipation increased to 600 from 400.
   . Redline ship-system no longer generates flux on activation.
   > While somewhat fun, it was difficult to let the main gun rip given how flux starved the ship was

- Bullhorn-class: Booster system now gains charges from the System Expertise skill instead of the Expanded Ammo Racks hullmod.

- Tumbleweed-class:
   . Medium turret is now UNIVERSAL from HYBRID (to avoid some possible weapon type issues when restoring the pirate variant into a regular Tumbleweed)
   . Drone system now now has 2 charges from 8,
   . Now gets one additional drone every 20s.
   > Mostly cleanup for odd behaviors.

- Balisong-class:
   . System charging no longer affects the engines performances (it still dramatically lowers the firepower)
   . System charging is now significantly faster with the System Expertise skill.
   . Shield is now a bubble front shield at 0.7 efficiency, from a omni 180deg shield at 0.8 efficiency.
   > That last change should hopefully fix most of the issues with modules getting shot off through shields.

- Clipper-class: Missile Fab system now generates ammo faster with the System Expertise skill.

- Quicksilver-class:
   . A few mounts are now UNIVERSAL from ENERGY and SYNERGY.
   . Denial Pulse system range lowered to 1200 from 2000, but respects the x2 System Expertise skill bonus.
   . Overload duration now scales with hull sizes. Unchanged at 3s for frigates, up to 6s for a capital ship.
   . Charge up slightly shortened.
   > The pulse effect was a bit anemic compared to how grandiose it is visually.

- Siegfried-class dreadnought:
   . Now uses a hullmod-swap system to change the configuration of the hull rather than three different hulls.
   . Choose between ATC plus High Maintenance or a true shield,
   . two flight decks plus a Burn Drive system on toggle or the Flux Torpedoes system,
   . two built-in Firecane turrets or a broadsider configuration with four additional large slots plus HBI.
   > The system is currently a bit jank and is most likely to be replaced by a proper paid-for dry-dock reconfiguration at some point. But given that it is now a unique ship, this will have to do for the moment.

- Titanic-class: Now has Advanced Ground Support.

- Erasmus-class wing:
   . Rocket pod ammo reduced to 10 from 15,
   . Fire-rate increased to 240 rpm from 45,
   . Minor tweaks to make it more usable by the AI.
   > This wing should now properly operate like bombers.

- Gatling Lance weapon:
   . Flux requirement lowered to 480 from 600.
   . Now causes Strong Interferences instead of Mild.
   > Using two of them will cause a 160 flux dissipation reduction from interferences, meaning you are still 80 dissipation ahead from before when firing. A more interesting proposition imo...

- Plague-Bearers:
   . Assortment of buffs to some weapons, and slight nerfs to some of the ships.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Avatar of Vengeance Nexerelin start is restored.
 - Fixed White-dwarf's inverted guns and their modules.
 - Plague weapons and LCPs should no longer drop from research stations.
 - Fixed NPE with the Marksman-class system under AI control.
 - Fixed NPE with the Augur-class system.
 - Fixed mission crash due to missing background.
 - Fixed Demeter-class generating revenue while mothballed.
 - Kaleidoscope will ignore flares if IPDAI is installed.
[close]

This update is not save compatible.

Earliest save compatible version: 0.50

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2021, 04:02:33 PM »

Known issues:

Yes the Siegfried is a bit weird to modify due to limitations with the game engine, read the hullmods to know the details.

Adjusted Sector often causes major issues with star systems tags, that in turn prevent scripts relying on those to work properly. If you get crashes on sector generation, you can either disable Adjusted Sector, or use settings closer to vanilla.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 04:04:45 PM by Tartiflette »

margath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2021, 04:52:26 PM »

Hello, great mod! I just started playing with it a few days and loving the ships.
Today I updated Starsector to the latest version and it says
 Ship hull spec [SKR_guardian] not found!

P.S. I also checked the ship_data and the SKR_guardian is also not there (not sure if it helps)

Spoiler
70822 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [SKR_guardian] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [SKR_guardian] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.do.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:446)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:440)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.onGameLoad(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:425)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 05:02:20 PM by margath »

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2021, 05:26:36 PM »

Hello, great mod! I just started playing with it a few days and loving the ships.
Today I updated Starsector to the latest version and it says
 Ship hull spec [SKR_guardian] not found!

P.S. I also checked the ship_data and the SKR_guardian is also not there (not sure if it helps)

Spoiler
70822 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [SKR_guardian] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [SKR_guardian] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.do.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:446)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:440)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.onGameLoad(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:425)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

are you trying to load an old save?
because
This update is not save compatible.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25