Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Seeker - Unidentified Contact 0.53rc1 (2023/02/27)  (Read 349980 times)

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Seeker - Unidentified Contact 0.42 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2021, 02:45:49 PM »

Every time I see a plague bearer fleet, it has an exclamation point on it. But when I try to contact them, nothing happens. Do I need to fight them for something to happen? Is there a way to make something happen without fighting them?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2021, 12:10:00 AM »

The exclamation point just denotes that they are special, not that there is any interaction dialog. If you read their short comm dialog and the description of their flagship, you should get an idea why they are special.

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2021, 07:57:51 AM »

Yeah, but I've noticed that you can't even install them into (when cheated in) Cataclysm or the like. Not to mention, couldn't you still be able to install a Quarantined Flight Deck on an automated ship, since for at least some of them it's mentioned they're maintained by drones?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2021, 10:54:51 PM »

Actually I'm leaning toward making those wings non salvageable because they cause too many issues/weirdness in terms of gameplay, of lore and of UI. There will be much better loot to get in the next release anyway.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2021, 12:13:03 PM »

For a ship that has to be restored and costs about as much as a Doom to deploy, the Clipper seems kinda weak.
Sure, its built-in features and weapons are cool, but it's not winning me the fights I could easily win with other ships in its deployment cost range.
Or maybe I just suck at missile ships. Might have to do some experimenting.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2021, 12:21:55 PM »

For a ship that has to be restored and costs about as much as a Doom to deploy, the Clipper seems kinda weak.
Sure, its built-in features and weapons are cool, but it's not winning me the fights I could easily win with other ships in its deployment cost range.

It REALLY depends on the missiles you put on it. there's a sabot-style strike missile from blackrock that i always used and it turned the clipper into a death machine.

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2021, 02:08:13 PM »

Yeah, I find it to be more about having fun piloting it in the early to mid game (as long as you use its standard exotic missiles, which require quite some active aiming and timing and indeed benefit a lot from specific hullmods and skills) rather than it being all round efficient. When you are piloting it it can become quite dangerous, but it's pretty much useless in the AI hands, which is why instead of reducing its cost I gave it (in the files) a couple of ecm/eccm built in mods to make it have a point even once you switch to bigger and more traditional ships and you might want to leave it to an AI officer.

deoxyribonucleicacid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2021, 09:45:19 PM »

I gotta say though... Demeter is an Honest Ship with an Honest Job

Free 5K credits while i wait for nothing

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2021, 08:13:35 AM »

So, I've finally happened to grab a Trailblazer (when I figured I could simply find it via ship procurement with agents in Nex... which is great but not sure intended, as you can easily find quite a few supposedly very rare ships especially in Tri Tachyon markets), kitted it out and given to one of my officers. Because yeah, it's awesome, but also - as I've seen already mentioned here a while ago - a bit of a short lived one trick pony when in the players' hands.

Anyway, I'd very much keep it in my main lineup, however something's wrong with its main gun. Once in a while (but frequently enough to happen 4-5 times in a reasonably prolonged fleet battle) when the projectile explodes it creates a plethora of other explosions all around it. And well, that looks cool AF, but it also grinds my game to a halt: I'm talking from capped 60 to 2-3 fps until the explosion animation ends, which can take half a minute at that slowed down speed. So yeah, unplayable really.

Haven't seen the issue being mentioned here before, so I wonder whether it's some unforeseen mod interaction specific to my game or something else. I'll put a couple pictures here in the spoiler tag to better show what happens (and it seems to happen regardless whether the explosion hits other ships or not). Ideas?

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 08:17:31 AM by Kadatherion »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2021, 09:25:01 AM »

I see two projectiles in your first screenshot, do you have two Trailblazers at once in the same battle?

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2021, 09:41:19 AM »

I see two projectiles in your first screenshot, do you have two Trailblazers at once in the same battle?

Nope, just the one. It's the same encounter as the second screenshot, just a few moments earlier, when the multiple explosions had just begun (if you notice, there's already a third one just behind the first two). Single projectile flies forming the usual "tube" trail, all is fine until the end, but when it explodes it blooms into that flower of nukes, which slows everything down. But, as stated, it only happens sometimes: other times there's only the single explosion and no issues at all. I'd say maybe something like 1 in 5-6 shots, perhaps? Maybe even 1 in 10.

Now that I think of it, I've also noticed slowdowns when piloting it and trying it face to face against a Paragon in the sim battle: sometimes when firing the main gun while the four lasers by the Paragon where focused on me, the projectile overlapping them all in a small space would slow down the fps quite a lot as well. But it wasn't always reproducible, so I didn't worry too much (especially since such a focused scenario would be fairly unusual in real battles). 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:43:09 AM by Kadatherion »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2021, 01:22:17 PM »

Right, there should always only been a single projectile in flight at all times or it will break really really badly. I don't know how you managed to have more than one but that's why it breaks down.

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2021, 03:33:28 PM »

Welp, whatever it was, it seems to have gone away after restoring the .ship and .csv files. Guess I might have accidentally edited something I didn't mean to when peeking at them before? In any case, emergency subsided: now hopefully it can go back into my fleet (until it angers me because of friendly fire :P ).

Henri9897

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2021, 05:07:08 AM »

Just saw something a bit strange, one of the faction decided to put a colony right under Cataclysm on the jungle planet. And the fleet just gets ignored by everything. I thought I didn't make much sense to put a colony under a nanoplague fleet from a lore standpoint. It's not really a problem anymore since I destroyed Cataclysm but I thought you should know :)

callitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2021, 11:19:44 AM »

Hi there love the mod , encountered the plague fleet , nice warhammer feel to it. Question , the Cataclysm the titan class ship , i see in unboardable , bit i introduced it into my game via console commands , wanted to try it out , but for some reason its on 0CR and wont repair when i dock , i fitted it and played with it a bit in simulator but i cant get it to repair , is it intended or its a bug?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25