Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Seeker - Unidentified Contact 0.53rc1 (2023/02/27)  (Read 349889 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Seeker - Unidentified Contact 0.53rc1 (2023/02/27)
« on: November 19, 2020, 11:48:42 PM »

Venturing in the dark outreaches of the Persean Sector is a pathway to salvaging ships with many abilities, some considered to be unnatural.

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Earliest save compatible version: 0.50

This ship pack provides a wide selection of more than 30 vessels that do not exactly match existing vanilla aesthetic or gameplay styles. They range from the uncommon and unconventional class to some properly rare (and expensive to deploy) super-ships. Still, everything should be balanced with proper strengths and weaknesses; including some new balancing levers such as exotic weapons interfering with each other, to avoid any power creep.

The intent here is to offer enough different "white whales" that you are both guaranteed to encounter several of them in any given run, yet each would be rare enough that you won't be able to collect them all in a single play-through. If you are using Nexerelin however, you will be able to start directly with some of the uncommon ships. I would even advise trying some of the very enjoyable "player-bait" destroyer starts.

Small selection of the ships you may encounter

Hedone-class armed yacht

Gustav Royal Starworks' best selling premium yacht, ideal for the affluent needing to travel in comfort and security.

Aethernium-class militarized racer

Fast and economical courier that never walks away from a fair fight.

Butterfly-class private security destroyer

Makes up for its lack of versatility with raw frontal firepower.

Five-five-seven-class bounty-hunter destroyer

Flashy coat of paint, big gun that makes a big noise, daredevil attitude, badass in every way.

Obelisk-class luxury liner

Guaranteed to impress your guests somehow, either with its ostentatious design and facilities, or with its massive gun.

Tumbleweed-class explorer

Jack of all trades, master of none...

Bullhorn-class heavy cruiser

Slightly more agile and versatile than a Dominator-class, even more vulnerable from the rear.

Cassowary-class support battlecruiser

The true nemesis of captains with OCD.

Malet-class frigate

Small whacker to deal with those pirates cropping up everywhere.

Adze-class destroyer

Designed to shave that smirk off of your opponent's face.

Halligan-class cruiser

When you can't choose between DAKKA spam and missile spam.
[close]

Screenshots

[close]

Disclaimer: Remember when I caused a bit of a fuss by releasing an ominous teaser hinting at a mod called "Seeker" that would have been all about quests and non-human artifacts you'd get to hunt and study? Hahaha I do too, good times... I really bit more than I could chew then.

Sadly no, this mod is not that Seeker mod. While I do hope to be able to add some narrative elements at some point, this off-shoot of the Seeker project only contains somewhat regular ships, obtainable by regular means... Well, mostly. There are still a couple of fun surprises hidden in the sector.

At some point, I still hope to resume my work on the other Seeker, now code-named "Everlasting Giants", but I wouldn't expect any progress on that front for maybe a year or two.

Changelogs

- Added 3 new Nexerelin custom starts:
   . Mulligan!
   . Break-up Hanghover
   . A Knight's Tale

- Fixed boss bounties not showing up
 - Fixed missing Siegfried description
 - Added missing limited descriptions for the bosses

- Guru: 850 armor (+150), 7000 hull (-1000), 550 dissipation (+150)   
 - Devotee: 6 DP (+2)
 - Believer: Built-in ECCM and Expanded Missile Racks.
 - Cultist: Plasma Jets instead of Maneuvering Jets, 400 armor (+100)
 - Haymaker: hit feedback improved, 6 ammo (+2), 0 EMP (-400), 250 sustained DPS (+94)
 - Eager: hit feedback improved

[RC2]
 - Fixed crash related to the bosses' loot generation,
 - Fixed issue with Rampage not deploying,
 - Fixed issues related to the bosses' spawn locations,
 - Fixed issue with Plague-bearer wings not launching,
 - Fixed the Reality Drill script not being applied.

BALANCING:
 - Minor and major tweaks to the Umpire Beam and Whiplash Blaster.
 - Augur-class EMP Discharge system cooldown halved down to 8s.
 - Hedone-class Time Splitter system CR cost doubled to 2% per use.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Fixed an issue with the Balisong system.
 - Fixed Tumbleweed's Drone system missing a description.
 - The Titanic wreck should spawn further away from blackholes.
 - BOSSES:
   . Clarified some special items descriptions,
   . Lots of improvements and fine-tuning,
   . Double wreck drops should hopefully no longer happen,
   . Added more ways to get pointed in the right directions,
   . Broke the monolithic fleets in multiple smaller ones,
   . Changed the final boss' ship system,
   . All bosses ships have exceedingly slow post battle repairs. Go at them a second time if the first assault failed without losing your "progress",
   . Boss bounties now have a 10 years deadline,
   . More goodies in salvage!
 - Plague-Bearer LCPs can no longer be mounted on non Plague-Bearer ships, removed the Quarantined Flight Deck hullmod.
 - Proofreading...

[RC2] Fixed most (all?) crashes related to the "Lucky Strike" Nexerelin start.

NEW CONTENT:
 - Added 6 new special bounties that point towards exploration-based content (if you have yet to find it after a certain amount of time).
 - Added 2 new Nexerelin custom starts to twist the formula a bit.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - 557-class: Fixed system not applying the main gun extra ammo properly.
 - Improved armor grid of the Halligan and the other gunships. They are now also displayed "naked" in refit.
 - All the rare-but-not-unique bounties now have much spicier loadouts.
 - All bounty captains now have better suited skills.
 - Many ship descriptions got a much needed polish pass.
 - Made all the plague-bearer encounters approximatively 267% audio-visually more impressive.

NEW CONTENT:

- Added 13 special bounties to hunt the unique ships. Those no longer appear in random fleets.
 - Added 10 early-game bounties giving access to rare ships if you are up to the challenge.
 - Plague-bearers:
   . Now spawn in random systems.
   . Will aggressively hunt the player once attacked.
   . Drop some *very* compelling new rewards.
   . Now has a custom musical theme, composed by Mesotronik, and made possible by the donations from all my generous patrons.

BALANCING:

- Augur-class frigate:
   . Added one small missile hardpoint to improve the ship's behavior and its use of the system,
   . EMP Discharge system cooldown raised to 15s from 10,
   . Shield efficiency improved to 0.6 from 0.7,
   . OP amount raised to 50 from 40.

- Endymion-class frigate:
   . Hull and armor raised to 2250/200 from 1000/100,
   . Flux dissipation raised to 350 from 275,
   . Small hardpoints now UNIVERSAL from MISSILE,
   . OP amount raised to 70 from 60.
   > The Hyperion got such a huge jump in power in 0.95!

- Hedone-class:
   . Time Splitter system default time acceleration reduced to x10 from x16,
   . Time Splitter time acceleration raised to x15 with the System Expertise skill,
   . OP available raised to 50 from 45.
   > The Hedone should still be amazing while it lasts, but also a smidgen more versatile now

- Marksman-class:
   . Perfect reloads now triples the damage of the next shot instead of doubling it.
   . Reload system tweaked to behave better with high level officers.
   . Reload system gets much easier to use with the System Expertise skill.
   . Hull and armor raised to 7000/750 from 5000/500.
   > The ship was a bit underwhelming for its fragility so this should fix that.

- 557-class:
   . Flux dissipation increased to 600 from 400.
   . Redline ship-system no longer generates flux on activation.
   > While somewhat fun, it was difficult to let the main gun rip given how flux starved the ship was

- Bullhorn-class: Booster system now gains charges from the System Expertise skill instead of the Expanded Ammo Racks hullmod.

- Tumbleweed-class:
   . Medium turret is now UNIVERSAL from HYBRID (to avoid some possible weapon type issues when restoring the pirate variant into a regular Tumbleweed)
   . Drone system now now has 2 charges from 8,
   . Now gets one additional drone every 20s.
   > Mostly cleanup for odd behaviors.

- Balisong-class:
   . System charging no longer affects the engines performances (it still dramatically lowers the firepower)
   . System charging is now significantly faster with the System Expertise skill.
   . Shield is now a bubble front shield at 0.7 efficiency, from a omni 180deg shield at 0.8 efficiency.
   > That last change should hopefully fix most of the issues with modules getting shot off through shields.

- Clipper-class: Missile Fab system now generates ammo faster with the System Expertise skill.

- Quicksilver-class:
   . A few mounts are now UNIVERSAL from ENERGY and SYNERGY.
   . Denial Pulse system range lowered to 1200 from 2000, but respects the x2 System Expertise skill bonus.
   . Overload duration now scales with hull sizes. Unchanged at 3s for frigates, up to 6s for a capital ship.
   . Charge up slightly shortened.
   > The pulse effect was a bit anemic compared to how grandiose it is visually.

- Siegfried-class dreadnought:
   . Now uses a hullmod-swap system to change the configuration of the hull rather than three different hulls.
   . Choose between ATC plus High Maintenance or a true shield,
   . two flight decks plus a Burn Drive system on toggle or the Flux Torpedoes system,
   . two built-in Firecane turrets or a broadsider configuration with four additional large slots plus HBI.
   > The system is currently a bit jank and is most likely to be replaced by a proper paid-for dry-dock reconfiguration at some point. But given that it is now a unique ship, this will have to do for the moment.

- Titanic-class: Now has Advanced Ground Support.

- Erasmus-class wing:
   . Rocket pod ammo reduced to 10 from 15,
   . Fire-rate increased to 240 rpm from 45,
   . Minor tweaks to make it more usable by the AI.
   > This wing should now properly operate like bombers.

- Gatling Lance weapon:
   . Flux requirement lowered to 480 from 600.
   . Now causes Strong Interferences instead of Mild.
   > Using two of them will cause a 160 flux dissipation reduction from interferences, meaning you are still 80 dissipation ahead from before when firing. A more interesting proposition imo...

- Plague-Bearers:
   . Assortment of buffs to some weapons, and slight nerfs to some of the ships.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Avatar of Vengeance Nexerelin start is restored.
 - Fixed White-dwarf's inverted guns and their modules.
 - Plague weapons and LCPs should no longer drop from research stations.
 - Fixed NPE with the Marksman-class system under AI control.
 - Fixed NPE with the Augur-class system.
 - Fixed mission crash due to missing background.
 - Fixed Demeter-class generating revenue while mothballed.
 - Kaleidoscope will ignore flares if IPDAI is installed.

Barebone compatibility update for 0.95a

BALANCING:
 - Quicksilver-class: increased OP amount to 230 from 200.

NEW CONTENT:
 - Augur-class support frigate:
   . Assault focused Omen,
   . Same weapons but the EMP system mostly hits a single target within a very short span of time.

- Endymion-class assault frigate:
   . DPS focused Hyperion,
   . Same weapons but the ship system has been swapped for a Temporal Shell device.
   . Yes, this is insane, and that ship will be a unique one in the future.

- Malet-class frigate:
   . Tougher and better armed than a Lasher,
   . But also slower.

- Adze-class destroyer:
   . A mix of an Enforcer and a Hammerhead,
   . More maneuverable than either,
   . Not quite as durable as the former,
   . Can't output the same DPS spikes as the latter.

- Halligan-class cruiser:
   . Heavier Eagle,
   . Can't outmaneuver its target as well,
   . Much better armored.

- "Minigun" support weapon:
   . Very long range fragmentation pea shooter,
   . Won't kill much of anything,
   . But it will force the enemy to raise their shield, lowering their top speed.

BALANCING:
 - 557-class:
   . System no longer reduces speed but cost flux to activate. (I swear I will make that ship fun to fly somehow)
 - More tweaks to the hidden stuff!

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Space farm now displays the daily revenue from auctioning produce.
 - Lowered the frequency of some rare ships.
 - Attempted another fix for the Marksman system crash in rare circumstances.
 - Nova is now a unique "boss-like" fleet patrolling a remnant system.
 - Onyx is now a unique derelict that has to be found and salvaged.

BALANCING:
 - Onyx-class:
   . Sprite rework,
   . Built-in weapons removed,
   . Loadout buffed,
   . System now scales with the flux level, has less charges but much longer duration.

- 557-class:
   . System no longer affects flux stats but improves maneuverability (still increase ballistic ROF and loads the main gun with extra ammo)
   . Asteismos gun now has only 2/3rd of the ammo, but 1.5 times the damage per shell.

- Various buffs to most of the bosses, more content, polish, locations further randomized.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Set some "SYSTEM" weapons such as flares to "HIDDEN" so that they don't get disabled by EMP arcs.
 - Set all 557-class variants as Goal variants so that they can be selected in refit.
 - Fixed a CTD with the Marksman's system when used while in autopilot as the player ship.

[close]

Bug Tracker and Feedback form
You have some feedback to share but no forum account? You can use this form to leave me a comment.

You like the mod? Help to make it better: Donations and Patreon contributions will be used to commission content I cannot create myself, such as illustrations or music. Additionally, if you would enjoy playing with a custom paint job I also take commissions for a reasonable rate. PM me for more details.

To whomever it may interest:
As it has become pretty obvious, this past year I for the most part moved on from modding this game. While it may be disappointing to hear I cannot promise to ever returning to the debit of frequent updates I once held. I however do not want to let this mod die. Thus in the case I have yet to show up 3 months after the next major game release, anyone is free to update Seeker and/or change it however they want.

In the meantime, Seeker's code can freely be re-used by anyone and the sprites can freely be kitbashed from without asking with 3 conditions: It must be for a Starsector mod, that mod must have a similarly permissive license, and I am credited.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:07:25 AM by Tartiflette »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Seeker - Unknown Contact 0.405 (2020/11/19)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 09:00:23 AM »

Ooh, shiny!

...And now I need to start a new game. And gosh dang it, I'd only just found an actual good star system with a cryosleeper! (First one I've seen, in, well, ever...)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 10:59:14 AM »

Hey hey, no longer discord only I see? I was just thinking about how to dole out some praise with no forum thread and now I dont have to.

Having weird stuff and secrets stashed away in the corners of the world is such an appealing idea for starsector, I love it. And the interesting "normal" ships in SEEKER are always a joy as well. Your mods are always unique but this kind of "white whale" idea as you put it is really perfect to round out exploration and collecting in starsector, and its always a staple in my games. I look forward to any updates!

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 02:35:03 PM »

Ah. This is the one that Nemonaemo recommends, eh? Very Nice.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 12:08:27 AM »

It's amazing how you can pumping up so much amazing new ship so quickly :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:32:11 PM by SukmaZaki »
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 02:54:09 AM »

How does this now work together with Torchships and Deadly Armaments? Can I have both installed or is there going to be some crossover and doubled ships?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 03:04:42 AM »

They have been 100% independent mods for 8 months now. (Besides, even at the time of the split there never was any major issue when using both anyway)

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »

Are you responsible for this? this thing was a friggin pain and i discovered it early but alot of fun to prep for look forward to all campaign.

major spoilers, don't ruin it for yourself

Spoiler
[close]

In fact all the things here was alot of fun to discover and its really the variety that make this great. Damn fine work

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »

They have been 100% independent mods for 8 months now. (Besides, even at the time of the split there never was any major issue when using both anyway)

Oh, great! Somehow I imagined duplicate ships when I had them installed together the first time.

Looking forward to driving a Cassowary again.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Seeker - Unknown Contact 0.406 (2020/11/27)
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 11:23:28 AM »

This updates includes the big rework of the Onyx-class battleship, with a much needed new sprite. I also buffed the 557-class a bit as it was a smidgen underwhelming. And of course there was some various bug fixes to implement.

But the meat of the update is a first polishing pass on the hidden things you can find out there. Shout out to Avanitia for their invaluable feedback in this regard. I don't want to say too much about the changes since that stuff is best experienced cold, but if you have an idea of what I'm talking about, well now they have more toys to play with.

Please note that some of those improvements will require a new save to take effect.

Additionally, with the Onyx rework this update also has a chance to break existing saves. In such case you can revert to the previous release to keep your progress.

Changelog

BALANCING:
 - Onyx-class:
   . Sprite rework,
   . Built-in weapons removed,
   . Loadout buffed,
   . System now scales with the flux level, has less charges but much longer duration.

- 557-class:
   . System no longer affects flux stats but improves maneuverability (still increase ballistic ROF and loads the main gun with extra ammo)
   . Asteismos gun now has only 2/3rd of the ammo, but 1.5 times the damage per shell.

- Various buffs to most of the bosses, more content, polish, locations further randomized.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Set some "SYSTEM" weapons such as flares to "HIDDEN" so that they don't get disabled by EMP arcs.
 - Set all 557-class variants as Goal variants so that they can be selected in refit.
 - Fixed a CTD with the Marksman's system when used while in autopilot as the player ship.

[close]

This update CAN break saves!

SyntacticMelon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 12:15:35 PM »

Hi, I enjoy the mod and the variety it offers but the REDACTED Abomination occurs WAY too often, it's a common sight in REDACTED fleets and it's superior to the Radiant in almost every single way. I wouldn't have an issue with this if I only had to fight one, maybe two per high danger system but 4-5 in anything higher than low danger feels very bad. There is no great reward for fighting them either, they have boss level stats but mob level spawns. Did you balance it around cheat mods or if the player has a dreadnought? I ended up nerfing most of its values by 500 so while it can output a lot of damage it leaves itself open to counterattack instead of being a superfast, super deadly, super durable infinity machine it is now. It's not UNBEATABLE, it's just a very dangerous chore.

Also the civilian capital ships showing up in Hegemony or TriTachyon war fleets is very silly but not much of an issue.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 01:19:52 PM »

The problem currently with rare ships is that it is VERY sensitive to mod lists. I can makes them spawn at the perfect rate for my setup and it will be entirely out of whack with someone else's mod list, Adjusted Sector size and customized settings.

Fortunately I intend to change that when 0.95 is released. Then most of the rarest ships will only spawn as rare or unique bounties I will be able to control the frequency of.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 02:45:02 PM »

Haha thats amazing, I was about to report the marksman CTD but you've already updated. Amazing work as always.

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems like it didn't quite work, I just got another CTD from the marksman.

Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.SKR_marksmanEffect.advance(SKR_marksmanEffect.java:87)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 02:59:13 PM by HeartofDiscord »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 12:24:05 AM »

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems like it didn't quite work, I just got another CTD from the marksman.
I'll need a lot more context than that because I don't have any issue. Was it in simulator or in a proper battle, on your side or the enemy's, with an officer, no officer, or your ship in autopilot. Do you have any mod that affects officers or the AI?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 07:10:08 AM »

Spoiler
Haha thats amazing, I was about to report the marksman CTD but you've already updated. Amazing work as always.

Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.SKR_marksmanEffect.advance(SKR_marksmanEffect.java:87)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
[close]

Have you try to run Starsector with this mod (and requirement) alone?
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25