Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [redacted] craftable mod?  (Read 1239 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
[redacted] craftable mod?
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:22:38 PM »

i'm currently playing a save with tons of faction mods (some of which already add OP stuff) so i was wondering if there is a mod that can make the [redacted] ships craftable so i can add them to my system defense fleets. i know they are not meant to be used as player ships but i already run dozens of alpha cores governing my planets might aswell go full AI War part 2..

if something like this doesn't exist can someone make it? i barely edited some of the mod csv files so this is beyond me. also if i had such a mod i could add it to a running game right?

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [redacted] craftable mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 01:07:13 AM »

I don't know of a mod that will give you there blueprints so you can have them in patrol fleets, the closest I am aware of is Boardable Unboardables that will let you recover them after combat for your personal fleet:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15609

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 01:53:03 AM »

yeah i already saw that mod and since i use console commands can long since spawn them into my own fleet. not exactly what i'm looking for. maybe i can edit the mod so the [redacted] are included in some ship blueprint though..

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 06:36:37 AM »

If you create a blueprint package calling the tag 'remnant', which should pull all the ships and high-end weaponry that outfits Remnant ships, that'll 'make them craftable' although the UNBOARDABLE tag will make it impossible to recover them if destroyed.

If you want to go further and make a more user-friendly mod, you can create a set of ship skins that remove the UNBOARDABLE tag, or have some minor visual alterations, and tag them with something like 'remnant_playable' and have your blueprint package call that tag. Then you'll have a set of customized Remnant ships that don't need to replace any vanilla content. You could repaint them to your heart's content, change slot types, and generally monkey around with the hulls to have custom AI-controlled defense ships.

Could you add it to a running game? mmm... probably, although IIRC rare blueprint packs are scattered around the sector at sector generation, so they wouldn't be included. You can solve that with Console Commands, of course.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 06:43:59 AM »

@Harmful Mechanic

yeah having a blueprint package with all the remnant ships in it is what i'm looking for. the thing is i don't have a clue how to make that. i already looked at other blueprint packages to see if i could just add them in but considering the way they are laid out i'm not sure i'll manage.
as for adding them in via the console i know how to do that.

guess i'll try to make it work somehow..

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 07:55:40 AM »

It's just an entry in special_items.csv (enter the weapon, fighter wing, and ship hull tags you want the package to pull from under 'plugin params') and a line in settings.json:
Code
"graphics":{
"blueprint_packages":{
"your_blueprint_package":"graphics/icons/cargo/yourBPImage.png",
},
calling whatever you want to use as a graphic on the blueprint screen. Super simple; you can make a tiny mod, copy the required files from the vanilla game, and change an existing blueprint package's entries.

I've actually thought about making a template mod for this, since it's really not all that difficult (at least in basic form). Maybe I should bang that out this weekend.