Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modding-wise, what is most exciting about 0.9.5a?  (Read 1108 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Modding-wise, what is most exciting about 0.9.5a?
« on: November 01, 2020, 08:29:15 PM »

Story points? Contacts? Custom damage for weapons?
Or even the skill system?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: Modding-wise, what is most exciting about 0.9.5a?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 09:40:46 AM »

For me, the tools to make quest content.

- Story points act as both quest rewards and something you can use during a quest ("Force the guard to see things your way (1SP)")
- The new API methods for writing quests should make them easier to write, read, and maintain, while also lowering the (currently very high) barrier to entry.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 02:27:15 PM »

Absolutely the API methods for writing quests. I wrote one example quest to learn how (and had a moderately complete tutorial to help me from the wiki) and it was painful.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

Quest API definitely, but I'd say a close second would probably be the combination of more fleshed out raiding mechanics and story points tying into said quests.

Then there is the newly announced additional weapon groups, improved phase AI (and really AI across the board) and several very useful new AI hints for weapons and fighters.

Idk I feel like a kid in a candy store, honestly!  :D

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 08:03:04 PM »

My main concern is how the memory management will be handle, my modded game always stutter and having memory leaks after couple of battle.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.