Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Include discovered markets on the sector map  (Read 818 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Include discovered markets on the sector map
« on: November 04, 2020, 03:11:04 AM »

I am certain this is by design, but even then I would like to request changing it as it degrades user experience in my opinion.

When the game is started all known inhabited systems are visible to the player. The Sector Map will show names next to those star systems and hovering over a system will show the list of markets (both planets and orbiting stations) inside this system [1]. When the player "Go(es) to System Map" all those inhabited planets and stations can be seen as well [2].

When the player goes on exploring, now and then a wild Pirate or Luddic Path base will appear. These are orbiting stations but the game behaves differently - [1] does not happen (most likely due to "hidden") but [2] still does. This makes it annoying for the player, as you have to remember where those are (and "go to" each system's map to find the one you are after).

This affects vanilla slightly, but with mods (when you can have random friendly stations that need to be discovered) it becomes much more annoying.

TL;DR: I want to see all discovered markets on the Sector Map.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 10:13:15 AM by Jaghaimo »