Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595857 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #2040 on: June 21, 2021, 12:38:01 PM »

I can try it - worst case I'll just install Detailed Combat Results, it's just one mod.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you!

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: June 21, 2021, 01:00:25 PM »

I can try it - worst case I'll just install Detailed Combat Results, it's just one mod.

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you!

File and screenshot sent under header "Steady Conquest Moving Into Flak Cannon Range". Running RC15. It shows up most of the time when fighting 2 Onslaughts at once, without burn drive use. Also shows up reliably vs Paragon.

It also tries to do it with dual flak, but it happens more rarely, perhaps because of high flux from getting so close.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 01:08:30 PM by WeiTuLo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 21, 2021, 02:40:49 PM »

Thank you! Hmm. The Onslaught scenario is a bit difficult to have be the same due to burn drive changes on my end, but it didn't seem to get closer than necessary, at least not intentionally. Vs the Paragon, I tried maybe 5-6 fights, both with an officer on the Conquest, and without, and did not see it come in too close even once (this is with the Flak in that one slot). Without the flak the behavior was exactly the same. I'm not sure what we're doing differently here - I suppose it's *possible* this is related to some AI change I made in the dev build? - but I don't recall touching anything that should have affected it.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: June 21, 2021, 03:01:48 PM »

Thanks for taking a look! I'll let you know if it shows up next patch. Or if I figure out how to upload videos.

I uploaded the video. Also had it happen in the Last Hurrah refit simulator with no officer.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:44:24 PM by WeiTuLo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 21, 2021, 05:44:25 PM »

(Quick update: thanks to the video, had another look and found the issue. Medium and large PD weapons were being counted for "minimum non-PD range" - though not for the "optimal" range; this would occasionally have the effect of a ship closing in more than it should. Fixed this up.)

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 21, 2021, 07:55:12 PM »

Nice!

LuckViValhalla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: June 24, 2021, 08:53:28 AM »

"Safety Overrides can no longer be built into ships using story points"

Not pretty sure if I want to download this update anymore...  :-[

In my opinion this update was so fun because I could put Safety Override on some ships (like the hammerhead, of course, and on Fury and Aurora, but having to pay the OP will basically destroy my builds...).

I mean, yeah, it was REALLY strong. My Aurora can just tank everything (SO, Hardened Shields) and kill everything (3 blasters are really strong, and the SO can tank the flux hit)...
But removing the option of making a offensive ship... Doesn't feel right.

You could do something different... It's "SAFETY" Override so I don't know, make your shields take more damage? Lower your armor? I mean, that way you could still go out and kill fast, hitting with strong weapons, but you would need to think first, it would be a "High Risk High Reward".

Removing it just cripples a LOT of fun builds... I was playing vanilla and was dreaming of playing with mods, I could do a lot of different strategies, but now...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:51:11 AM by LuckViValhalla »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 24, 2021, 09:58:06 AM »

I mean... you can still use it! And if you build in another hullmod, the effective penalty for not building in SO is just the difference between its cost, and the cost of the other hullmod you've built in.

It's definitely less powerful, but since it was *extremely useful* before building hullmods in was even an option, I think it's a long, long way from "crippling" fun builds. As you say re: thinking first, you just have to do a bit more of that when loading out the ship :)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: June 24, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »

Considering people were faring pretty well with SO ships even before 0.95, where the best you could get was 10% more OP, I don't think not being able to build SO results in SO being completely unusable.

Undead

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 24, 2021, 11:59:53 AM »

I think not being able to built in SO is fine. It is the most expensive OP wise hullmod, and S-modding it in saved way to many OP up to a point that it was a no brainer move to install it on some ships. Also, this makes pather ships more unique, as they are the only ones that have a free built in SO.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 24, 2021, 08:23:59 PM »

Polarized Armor (industry for some reason)? Field Manipulation? Hype!
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: June 24, 2021, 08:44:16 PM »

Looks like a successor to the Derelict Contingent. And it is good old Shield Modulation. Not Manipulation.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 25, 2021, 01:50:15 AM »

Looks like a successor to the Derelict Contingent. And it is good old Shield Modulation. Not Manipulation.
PA is pilot/officer skill, not fleet skill.

EclipseRanger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 25, 2021, 05:49:51 AM »

(Quick update: thanks to the video, had another look and found the issue. Medium and large PD weapons were being counted for "minimum non-PD range" - though not for the "optimal" range; this would occasionally have the effect of a ship closing in more than it should. Fixed this up.)

Seeing this,I wanted to add that my Gryphons also suffered from the same problem.When given the order to eliminate with 2500 range missiles,they always close in on PD range.You think that this was the culprit for this too???Also,when can we download this fix so I can(hopefully) fulfill my fantasy of space artillery :D?

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 25, 2021, 07:22:14 AM »

Seeing this,I wanted to add that my Gryphons also suffered from the same problem.When given the order to eliminate with 2500 range missiles,they always close in on PD range.You think that this was the culprit for this too???Also,when can we download this fix so I can(hopefully) fulfill my fantasy of space artillery :D?
Loadout, officer aggresiveness and doctrine (in the command tab) if no officer assigned?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 146