Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595944 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #2025 on: June 17, 2021, 05:05:30 PM »

This is for the .1 release, yeah!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 18, 2021, 12:06:55 AM »

About the 0.95.1 update, I'm concerned about the respeccing of permanent skills... especially in a mod that I'm developing that involves invisible skills assigned to the player. I'm afraid of them respeccing and getting more spec points than necessary. Will there be a tag to make respec ignore these skills? Much thanks!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 18, 2021, 08:15:10 AM »

Is it already an issue? I don't think anything regarding this would change. And invisible skills shouldn't be affected by respec, unless they have other skills as requirements.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 18, 2021, 09:42:57 PM »

So between the new destroyer's hullmod and the latest AI change, are we getting a snipe order or anything to force AI to engage from maximum range?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 19, 2021, 01:03:45 AM »

So between the new destroyer's hullmod and the latest AI change, are we getting a snipe order or anything to force AI to engage from maximum range?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Steady and below already do that?

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 19, 2021, 01:23:53 AM »

If that's true then we need to add information about officer aggression to the game tips or the codex.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 19, 2021, 01:25:38 AM »

Truth.

I have no idea where I saw it, but I believe Aggressive will always try and keep all weapons in range, and Steady will try to keep the longest weapon in range. I imagine below that is more concerned with avoiding enemy ranges.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 19, 2021, 07:27:49 AM »

I can't wait for people to get disappointed you didn't revert back to 0.9.1 skills.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 19, 2021, 11:15:52 AM »

My steady Dual Gauss Cannon Conquest officer tried to get flak cannons into range so often that I completely removed PD from the ship.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 19, 2021, 11:56:07 AM »

My steady Dual Gauss Cannon Conquest officer tried to get flak cannons into range so often that I completely removed PD from the ship.

Are you sure that's what was going on? The AI makes a distinction between PD and non-PD and a steady officer generally speaking shouldn't do that (unless, perhaps, ordered to Eliminate a target), and I'm not seeing any hints of that behavior with such a loadout. If you've got a case where I can see this behavior in a vanilla simulator setup, I'd love to take a look!

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 21, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »

I feel megaport and waystation are brainless picks for colonies and provide next to no depth in decision making, worse than commerce (which at least takes an industry slot).
I really hope they can get a vanilla change in their mechanics, not just player specific cheat to tank accessibility at next to no cost.
For example, megaport allowing stockpile of imports and reduces impact of demand shortage; Way station takes an industry slot but becomes system-wide effect.

Another piece of feedback is adding a facility that produces a small amount of organs that allows player to have self sufficient organ supply without using any AI or improvement. It’s the only vanilla commodity that I simply have no way to get a closed loop when role playing pather.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:07:45 AM by Sutopia »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 21, 2021, 09:13:27 AM »

Another piece of feedback is adding a facility that produces a small amount of organs that allows player to have self sufficient organ supply without using any AI or improvement. It’s the only vanilla commodity that I simply have no way to get a closed loop when role playing pather.
Without Freeport I don't believe you colonies will import Organs/Recreational Drugs even if you have a sufficient supply in-faction, so such a facility would really only be useful for the colony it's build on.

I would also like to add that both Luddic and Pather worlds are exempt from Pather Cells even if they exceed the usual thresholds, so I don't believe that roleplaying a Luddite (of either shade) should exclude you from using Domain-era tech or even AIs. Pathers won't judge their own, so a fanatic using the tools of Moloch against itself is not out of the question.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 21, 2021, 09:25:34 AM »

I would also like to add that both Luddic and Pather worlds are exempt from Pather Cells even if they exceed the usual thresholds, so I don't believe that roleplaying a Luddite (of either shade) should exclude you from using Domain-era tech or even AIs. Pathers won't judge their own, so a fanatic using the tools of Moloch against itself is not out of the question.

In that case I will swing my hammer in the name of Ludd and bring them Armageddon.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 21, 2021, 12:34:58 PM »

Are you sure that's what was going on? The AI makes a distinction between PD and non-PD and a steady officer generally speaking shouldn't do that (unless, perhaps, ordered to Eliminate a target), and I'm not seeing any hints of that behavior with such a loadout. If you've got a case where I can see this behavior in a vanilla simulator setup, I'd love to take a look!

Only mod I have is Detailed Combat Results, are you able to accept a file with saved results from that, or is a version without it better?

I just tested it with two steady officers. Without the flak cannon, the minimum range is 1750 from ATU and the skill, and on autopilot it would happily stay around 1900-2000 units away from Onslaughts/Paragons.

With the flak cannon, even when I changed my fleet doctrine from Aggressive (3) to 2, the Conquest would still try to close to ~1250 range of the Onslaughts or Paragon. This was with a flak cannon in its own weapon group (#7).

Testing the flak cannon in weapon group 4, this did not happen in one run, but happened in subsequent runs. It also happens if I put the flak cannon on the side opposite to the broadside.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 146