Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 599990 times)

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1860 on: April 23, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »

So I've started a low tech run in RC14, and the larger armor tankers feel a lot squisher than they did in 0.9.1a.  Now this may be intentional, but officered Onslaughts are noticeably weaker to small and medium weapons fire.
-snip-
I didn't see you mention the +20% damage to capitals and Frigates dealing another +20% to everything. Did I miss that? I feel like Onslaughts in particular are pretty vulnerable to both these cumulative debuffs since they can't shield their rear nor turn very well.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: April 23, 2021, 12:19:15 PM »

I can confirm that, having used a bunch of Onslaughts. They are stronger from the front that before thanks to the buffs and giant piles of OP they have, but are weaker to fast flanking frigates hitting up the engines. Its something I really need to watch out for in battle, often assigning fighter strikes to phase ships that get near with interceptors to chase them out.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: April 23, 2021, 01:14:18 PM »

So I've started a low tech run in RC14, and the larger armor tankers feel a lot squisher than they did in 0.9.1a.  Now this may be intentional, but officered Onslaughts are noticeably weaker to small and medium weapons fire.
-snip-
I didn't see you mention the +20% damage to capitals and Frigates dealing another +20% to everything. Did I miss that? I feel like Onslaughts in particular are pretty vulnerable to both these cumulative debuffs since they can't shield their rear nor turn very well.

No, this was assuming attackers with no buffs to damage for both editions.  Back in 0.9.1a, there was divide armor by a factor of 1.5 for calculation purposes (or increase damage by 50% for calculation purposes) from targeting analysis, along with the flat +15% damage from Ordinance expertise, which I neglected as well as potential buffs from 0.9.5a.  I also assumed 70% CR for enemies and 100% CR for Onslaught (since that buffs armor).  I'm not familiar with the distribution of fleet skills for enemy fleets, and I assume their officers I assume have random skill distributions.  If I do a quick search for wolfpack_tactics in my current save game file, I get one hit for Kanta, but that is presumably just a snap shot of potential fleets.

Although, now that I think about it, Targeting Analysis + Ordinance Expertise used to deal +30% to shields, and the 0.9.5a Target Analysis skill itself only deals 20% to capital shields down to 0% to frigate shields.  So that's another indirect shield buff, but only for officered enemy ships with the correct skills.  So it's hard to gauge how much it applies.  It is much easier to control for which skills I pick for my own officers and fleet benefits I have.

I will point out, I use the omni-shield hull mod on my Onslaughts.  I actually used it back in 0.9.1a.  A fully skilled defensive officer (Evasive Maneuvers, Active Countermeasures, Impact Mitigation, Defensive Systems) in an omni-shield, hardened shield, heavy armor Onslaught was an incredibly tough nut to crack in 0.9.1a.  The AI is more willing to lower shields with omni-shields versus front shields, and helps a lot with a stray reaper or other missile from behind.  The buffs to the Onslaught in 0.9.5a improved it's shield tanking.  Cheaper omni-shield, s-mod providing more OP for capacitors, heavy ballistics integration providing more OP for capacitors, less flux spent on TPCs.  It's just those buffs are of smaller scale than the factors of 2 or more the old armor skill synergies provided.

To be honest, all non-phase vanilla ships are shield tankers. (Yes, I'm ignoring Derelict Contingent, because it's acknowledged to be broken, and small unshielded cargo frigates, because most people don't use them as primary combat ships).  The fundamental AI is the same between an Onslaught and an Apogee.  Shields are used to absorb damage first.  An Onslaught AI is more willing to vent, as incoming damage is a smaller fraction of it's non-renewable hit points, but fundamentally it is trying to take as much incoming damage on it's shield as possible while also winning the flux war.

Which is why it's hard to make armor skills as good as shield skills.  Shields simply are more universal and always get used.  You have to go to some extreme lengths to make armor more noticeable or beneficial to improve, as it most often comes into play under losing the flux war conditions.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:40:55 PM by Hiruma Kai »

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: April 23, 2021, 05:44:32 PM »

Currently, I have ten Phantoms in my fleet (and plan to go even higher) to help steal blueprints from Culann.  That place is a meatgrinder even after I kill the battlestation to lower its defenses, and it is only size 5.  Lose about a thousand marines.  (I do not want to think about what I need to steal from size 7 places, namely Kazeron and Sindria.  Not touching Chicomoztoc except for its forge.)

Kanta's Den is nowhere near the meatgrinder the quest for Zal claims.  I lose much less than what I lose from raiding low defense planets with blueprints.

I lose about 350 marines raiding Chico for the forge without the codes, and 19 with the codes. This was after taking out its space station and tac bombing their defenses. I think defenses were around 1000 before or after the tac bombing, and I had around 10-11k raid strength from like 3k marines, various ships, and the raid boosting skill.

THEASD

• Ensign
  • *Confused Cat Noise*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: April 23, 2021, 08:05:10 PM »

Maybe issue(in RC-15):
Spoiler
I got an atlas2, equipped with some package.

Everything looks normal now.

Then, I built-in the package, remove mili subsystems.

Things got broken.

[close]

And another minor issue:
com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.BaseBarEventWithPerson
method createPerson()
person.setPostId(getPersonRank()) maybe some kind of code typo?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:07:00 PM by THEASD »
Also known as AnyIDElse.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: April 23, 2021, 08:31:04 PM »

Thank you! First one's a known issue; just fixed up the second - definitely a typo there.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: April 23, 2021, 08:41:38 PM »

Do assigning Alpha AI actually work?
I started use it and it I have impression that it make loot worse not better.
Can anyone check it?

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: April 24, 2021, 12:24:54 AM »

Just took a quick peek in one of the data files with the items in it, and noticed "pather4" for most equipped items, which explains +4 to interest.  The exception is Hypershunt, which has "pather8".  I guess that means +8 to interest, which is more than enough for a cell.  Since the colony needs to be big to meet 9 or 10 demand for transplutonics, I probably end up throwing the hypershunt in the trash, or maybe do some devious exploit against a core world (like plant a Pather cell to destabilize the place, unless it enforces the 10 ly restriction).
I've had a hypershunt spawn within 10 ly of the core worlds. Also I get the sense that Alex likes the word "shunt".

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: April 24, 2021, 01:37:56 AM »

Hey Alex, did you change anything about merc generation? I can't find any now. Trying to find them makes me really wish I could have more than one fleet, or at least that there were fleet templates so I could swap quickly between different fleet configurations...
Edit: I think they are just that rare (1 in the entire sector at the time I checked).

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: April 24, 2021, 04:48:18 AM »

I got a mission to analyze the coronal hypershunt. Regular mission "run the sensor package" etc. Is that ok?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: April 24, 2021, 07:32:27 AM »

After killing some endgame bounties, all that is left for me to do is develop my colonies to size 6 (I finally decided where to place my permanent colonies), try to bring a coronal hypershunt online (killed off Tesseracts on one of them), and maybe try contacts.

After that, I may write a feedback post.  I have not been able to play Starsector as much as I used to.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1871 on: April 24, 2021, 10:23:01 AM »

Impact Mitigation has lost the -50% kinetic damage to armor bonus. Advanced Countermeasures is now 1/3 dead!

Now let's go 2/3 by removing the HE damage reduction to shields from Shield Modulation. Either bring back shield upkeep reduction as the elite bonus, or move the hard flux dissipation to it.

DancingMonkey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: April 24, 2021, 10:47:46 AM »

is it safe to just copy paste my init file onto the the new downloads? Kinda getting tired of manually redo'ing my init file every time.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: April 24, 2021, 01:32:06 PM »

There is energy spec and missile spec but no ballistic spec.
I smell a racial discrimination here.
t. Chaingun hobbyist

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: April 24, 2021, 02:23:17 PM »

is it safe to just copy paste my init file onto the the new downloads? Kinda getting tired of manually redo'ing my init file every time.

Are you talking about settings.json? It has the same lines between RC14 and RC15.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 146