Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595759 times)

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1770 on: April 21, 2021, 01:39:11 PM »

Is the OP Doom finally tamed.... lets get to checking.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 21, 2021, 01:58:54 PM »

Wow, pathers sure seem to take a liking to colony items now. I'm getting +4 for every single one.

RC12 DP and related values:

Weapon Drills: +10% at 90 DP or below
Crew Training: +15% max CR and +30 seconds peak performance at 180 DP and below

Carrier Group: +50% fighter replacement rate at 6 bays and below
Fighter Uplink: -50% crew lost from fighter losses and +25% top speed at 6 bays and below

Auxiliary Support: +900% at 5 Deployment Recovery Cost and below
Flux Regulation: +20% capacity and dissipation at 180 Combat Ship Recovery Cost
Containment Procedures: -75% crew lost in combat at 60 Deployment Recovery Cost and below
Field Repairs: 100% ship repair rate, 50% of hull and armor damage repaired after battle for free, at 60 Deployment Recovery Cost and below

Phase Corps: -30% flux generated in phase and +180 seconds peak performance at 30 Phase Ship Recovery Cost and below

Automated ships: +100% combat readiness at 30 automated ship points and below

Bulk Transport: +50% capacity at up to 2000 base cargo capacity, 2000 base fuel capacity, and 5000 personnel capacity

Makeshift equipment: Supply cost reduction of 50% or 100 units/month, whichever is lower

RC 14 differences:
Weapon Drills 90->120 DP
Crew Training 180->240 DP
Carrier Group, Fighter Uplink 6 Bays -> 8 Bays
Flux Regulation 180 DP -> 240 DP

The rest seem unchanged.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 21, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »

I've noticed a (very) small issue. I don't remember seeing this with previous versions.

I have 3 or 4 officers. After a battle one of them levelled up. I assigned a skill to her. No other officer did level up. Then I noticed on the fleet screen that there was a '+' over player character portrait. But at that point, I checked on the skill screen, player character was at level 4, close to level 5, and no new skill point was available.

A bit later, after another battle, player character reached level 5. I choose a skill. Then I noticed on the fleet screen the '+' over player character portrait was not present anymore.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 21, 2021, 02:12:30 PM »

Wow, pathers sure seem to take a liking to colony items now. I'm getting +4 for every single one.

If they're going to do that despite me using no Alpha Cores on my colonies, I see no reason why I shouldn't go 100% Alpha Core.

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 21, 2021, 03:09:26 PM »

I think it makes sense not to let Safety Overrides be able to be built in using story points. Having that, on a destroyer for example, with 30 ordnance points to spare... that's nuts. Good riddance!

mosshadow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 21, 2021, 03:27:53 PM »

Regarding ECM Range nerf, maybe the ECM hullmod should have the opposite effect of the ECCM Hullmod (reduce range reduction from superior enemy EW by 50%) and increase enemy range reduction if within a certain range of the ship with the hullmod or if a certain number of ships in combat in your fleet have it.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 21, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »

"Safety Overrides can no longer be built into ships using story points"

there goes the last reason to use cruisers

or low tech

or frigates that dont teleport

or storypoints on most combat ships that arent critical to your fleet

that was the worst way to go about this... dont forget we dont have extra op anymore (not only that... but it is literally the most arbitrary way to go about it)

MAYBE look at why people put so on all of their ships in the first place... maybe... just a possibility here... its because all ships across the board are 1, too flux ineficient, and 2, too slow

food for thought
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:54:57 PM by Maethendias »

Flet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 21, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »

@Flet I refer you to HirumaKai's comment from last page: 10% isn't small, its just not as crazy as 20%

All on its own its not small, but to reach it reliably you need to sacrifice a lot. We are talking about fleet composition being dictated to you, hull mods being dictated to you, and needing the skill. Thats three things you need to stack. ECM-superiority is an entire playstyle given all you have to do to accomplish it.

Consider what you get for simply eating the 10% hit? You could instead build expanded missile racks into everything and just have twice as many missiles on a non missile fleet. In fact given how the eccm mod works now why wouldnt you just build that into every ship instead of the ecm? Then you only get a mere 5% penalty and your missiles are all better, you dont need the skill, nor do you need to spend the elite selection on officer gunnery skills now, and you dont have to load your fleet with frigates anymore.

This is in a way, again, an improvement, in that it solves the enemy ecm issue. The main problem that remains is that it simply just does not make sense for players to invest in ecm at all now given what is required to reach the advantage against enemies it really matters for. Perhaps ecm could just be removed entirely.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 04:06:34 PM by Flet »

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 21, 2021, 04:03:20 PM »

@Flet I refer you to HirumaKai's comment from last page: 10% isn't small, its just not as crazy as 20%
Perhaps ecm could just be removed entirely.

like "battle objectives" .... PLEASE

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 21, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »

I'm not sure why the SO change is getting so many people up in arms. You can still use it just fine and get all the benefits from it. That you can't build it in just makes it less easy to bypass the downsides, one of which was always he hefty OP cost. It's hard for me to justify the extreme performance boost SO gives for "free."

And it's not like you can't still build in two other S-mods on top of OP-costing SO. Build in Hardened Subsystems or another expensive hullmod: you're still save OP and making SO ships way better than they ever were in 0.9. They just won't be grossly overpowered. Is there perhaps a more nuanced approach to built-in SO? Maybe, but I'm not particularly surprised by the implementation here.

The ECM nerf is probably for the best, but as one poster said, ECM is now a "eh" skill. I hated that it was mandatory both in the previous patch and this one because a -20% range decrease was just too much to overcome and it caused the AI to do some really foolish things. +/- 10% isn't a killer if you don't have it but is a relatively nice perk to have if you do. I don't think it's worth gearing an entire fleet for anymore so that affects other skills to some degree.

All-in-all, I think most of the changes are good or at least going in the right direction.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 21, 2021, 04:19:25 PM »

I'm not sure why the SO change is getting so many people up in arms. You can still use it just fine and get all the benefits from it. That you can't build it in just makes it less easy to bypass the downsides, one of which was always he hefty OP cost. It's hard for me to justify the extreme performance boost SO gives for "free."

And it's not like you can't still build in two other S-mods on top of OP-costing SO. Build in Hardened Subsystems or another expensive hullmod: you're still save OP and making SO ships way better than they ever were in 0.9. They just won't be grossly overpowered. Is there perhaps a more nuanced approach to built-in SO? Maybe, but I'm not particularly surprised by the implementation here.

The ECM nerf is probably for the best, but as one poster said, ECM is now a "eh" skill. I hated that it was mandatory both in the previous patch and this one because a -20% range decrease was just too much to overcome and it caused the AI to do some really foolish things. +/- 10% isn't a killer if you don't have it but is a relatively nice perk to have if you do. I don't think it's worth gearing an entire fleet for anymore so that affects other skills to some degree.

All-in-all, I think most of the changes are good or at least going in the right direction.

because its arbitrary
and pretty much is counterintuitive to the whole "story"point system in the first place

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 21, 2021, 04:32:20 PM »

Preventing SO being built-in is a good change

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 21, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »

If they're going to do that despite me using no Alpha Cores on my colonies, I see no reason why I shouldn't go 100% Alpha Core.
At least it is not +6 with an item like last release.

However, with +4, player cannot put Mining (+1), Refinery (+2), and Heavy Industry (+4) on the same planet without being greeted by a sleeper cell that will go active eventually, after the colony grows to size 4.  All of the production worlds probably want Industrial Planning to help meet demand.

So, if I want to avoid Pathers, I will need one non-habitable (or eat pollution) for Heavy Industry, and one world without atmosphere for Fuel Production.  Probably will want at least one habitable for food.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 21, 2021, 04:46:10 PM »

I'm not sure why the SO change is getting so many people up in arms.

muh free no-brainer s-mod
muh free OP

waaaaaaahh

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 21, 2021, 05:01:09 PM »

Story Mod Overrides was on the short list of most overpowered things in the game's history.  Don't pretend to be surprised that it only lasted a few weeks.

While we're on the subject, the Fury definitely needs to be gazed upon by Alex's baleful eye.  I've had a lot of fun with that thing but it is absolutely wild for 15 DP.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 146