Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595809 times)

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1635 on: April 13, 2021, 03:04:29 PM »

I defeated the bounty that Rayan Arroyo gave me and got to 2/100 reputation with him, flew about 22 lightyears back to Eochu Bres, and by that time, reputation was back down to 0/100.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 13, 2021, 03:11:08 PM »

Any chance you could email me that save point?

fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 13, 2021, 04:00:26 PM »

Can do, disabling combat analytics first.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 13, 2021, 04:15:01 PM »

Okay, so I could not replicate it, but I have the save before it happened (reputation 0) and the save after I killed the bounty, got 2 rep, explored one system in the way, scrapped a random Prometheus that was floating in space, then flew back to Hybrasil (where the reputation with the guy was reset to 0 again).

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 13, 2021, 04:46:01 PM »

Files sent, replied off of "0.95aRC12 Initial Resource Capacity Off After Battle" email chain.

So I just got a bunch of missions from Arroyo, bought his colossus and got 2/100 reputation, exited the station, reentered it, and my reputation is 0/100 again. So it's not just bounties, and might not have to travel far to trigger it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 05:12:48 PM by WeiTuLo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 13, 2021, 05:56:32 PM »

Ah, hmm. Let me try some of these, then - no luck reproducing it so far. Thank you for the save!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 13, 2021, 06:37:11 PM »

Fixed this up! The game was, ah, setting the reputation to 0 on save unless it was 5 points or more; the "is this reputation pretty much zero aside from a rounding error" check was missing a couple of zeroes after the decimal point.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 13, 2021, 08:39:58 PM »

Fly into the sun and click on it!

I never *** knew this Alex

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 13, 2021, 08:43:32 PM »

Oh, this is new in 0.95a :)

Gosts

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 13, 2021, 11:35:19 PM »

I've noticed in some of the story fights, particularly some TT bounty hunters coming after you, I'll often get stuck in a situation where I cannot do anything except attack them, but the game warns me that i'd be declaring war if I attack them.

I think this is happening because my fleet is too big to disengage normally??

They'll move in to me, bring up a confrontation screen. I open coms, talk to them for a bit, close coms, and then...

My options are now:
1. Open coms again (does nothing, they will not talk to me anymore)
2. Move in to engage (Warns me that I am declaring war)
3. Use a story point to disengage. (I don't have any story points.)

It seems kind of weird and broken that this would happen. If I am getting attacked by them, it shouldn't act like I am the one making things hostile. If TT is going to be hostile to me no matter what now, shouldn't they have just changed to hostile? Or, if this isn't supposed to happen like this at all, then I think 'move in to engage' is incorrectly assuming that I am the one who initiated combat, for some reason, but I don't know why.

Normally if I get a message that attacking would start a war, it'd be in a situation where I can also just walk away from the encounter.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:38:36 PM by Gosts »

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 14, 2021, 04:18:45 AM »

Fixed this up! The game was, ah, setting the reputation to 0 on save unless it was 5 points or more; the "is this reputation pretty much zero aside from a rounding error" check was missing a couple of zeroes after the decimal point.
thanks so much was losing the will to play  ;D ;D

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 14, 2021, 07:31:27 AM »

What do you mean? Bug hunts are fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7FaWnlhS4

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 14, 2021, 07:50:51 AM »

Is there a rationale behind battlestations and star fortresses no longer natively having officers?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 14, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »

It seems kind of weird and broken that this would happen. If I am getting attacked by them, it shouldn't act like I am the one making things hostile. If TT is going to be hostile to me no matter what now, shouldn't they have just changed to hostile? Or, if this isn't supposed to happen like this at all, then I think 'move in to engage' is incorrectly assuming that I am the one who initiated combat, for some reason, but I don't know why.

Normally if I get a message that attacking would start a war, it'd be in a situation where I can also just walk away from the encounter.

Hmm. I guess it depends on the specific encounter - just generally it doesn't seem too weird that fighting back with lethal force would make the faction angry even if one of their actors initiated the hostilities. It's sort of similar to what you're saying about them just declaring war, except you do have *some* options for avoiding it - not getting caught by the fleet in the first place, or (if you have one) using that story point to escape...

That said, I'm not opposed to changing some specific encounters to give a smaller rep change instead of insta-hostile. Which ones specifically bothered you? I can note them down to have a look.

Is there a rationale behind battlestations and star fortresses no longer natively having officers?

I think they were too powerful. Probably still are, a bit.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 14, 2021, 08:58:57 AM »

That said, I'm not opposed to changing some specific encounters to give a smaller rep change instead of insta-hostile. Which ones specifically bothered you? I can note them down to have a look.
I know one fleet which does the "always hostile towards you, causes hostilities if you defend against them" thing is the revenge fleet that spawns from using bought access codes during a raid. Which on paper makes sense, but I'm not sure if that holds down to the details. For instance if you use a SP to cover up your involvement in that specific raid, does the revenge fleet still spawn? If so I don't think it should cause instant hostilities if you defend yourself against it, since the revenge fleet wouldn't be able to prove you were the one that did the raiding...or something along those lines.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 146