Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595833 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1605 on: April 09, 2021, 04:48:49 PM »

I believe it's just there for systems with no stable points, allowing you to get one for the basic comm relay.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 09, 2021, 05:44:57 PM »

You can also spend a story point or several to go from 1 to 2 stable points.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 09, 2021, 07:48:27 PM »

Do we have timeline for a fix?
I really don't want to waste my 20 hour save because of a NPE.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 09, 2021, 08:26:39 PM »

I went up against a station. Deployed just my Radiant and it blew it away. No crewed ships deployed And I somehow got an Officer Promotion Candidate. I wonder if they are truly a fellow human.

Soban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 09, 2021, 11:27:19 PM »

Not sure is it an oversight, but not being able to auto-combat [Redacted] fleets feels a bit silly. Why can't I delegate my fleet of 30 warships to automaticly squish this 1 tiny patrolling frigate that is blocking me from accessing a ship/salvage field/station/planet to scan it.

Was also wondering, regarding the balancing for sunlamp/hypershunt tap.

Does the colony output/input system work in a manner if say. I have a colony that is outputting 10 Volatiles (in theory). Said colony can supply an infinite amount of input demands long as each demand source does not exceed 10 volatiles. So in theory 1 Colony which produces 10 volatiles can supply 5 planets with their own sunlamps that each have their own demand of 10 volatiles?

Wondering about it, since I have only one colony that is outputting 8 starship parts while 5 of my colonies have a demand of 3-6 starship parts each, and each of them is having their demand filled by an in-faction supply source.

This is not exactly explained anywhere, so might be helpful to have some sort of a tip on a loading screen or something if so.

A separate feedback is also the amount of officers, especially regarding the AI fleets. They seem to be able to crew an excessive, far larger amount of officers than the player, which directly seems to at least (again not told anywhere, I think?) affect the amount of deployment points you can have. Seems bit unbalanced in favor of the AI.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:56:46 PM by Soban »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 10, 2021, 12:10:40 AM »

I noticed that Astrals tend to activate recall device as soon as first wave of bomber drops bomb.
This is very problematic when using long bow + cobra: Astrals AWLAYS recall cobra before they use their reapers.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 10, 2021, 01:26:14 AM »

I noticed that Astrals tend to activate recall device as soon as first wave of bomber drops bomb.
This is very problematic when using long bow + cobra: Astrals AWLAYS recall cobra before they use their reapers.
#
easy fix: dont mix bombers

which you shouldnt do anyways because of the way wings work

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 10, 2021, 01:30:46 AM »

Does the colony output/input system work in a manner if say. I have a colony that is outputting 10 Volatiles (in theory). Said colony can supply an infinite amount of input demands long as each demand source does not exceed 10 volatiles. So in theory 1 Colony which produces 10 volatiles can supply 5 planets with their own sunlamps that each have their own demand of 10 volatiles?

This is correct.
The exact numbers don't matter, only the magnitudes.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 10, 2021, 01:40:19 AM »

#
easy fix: dont mix bombers

which you shouldnt do anyways because of the way wings work

The way wings work was designed to mix, newcomer.
If it doesn't work it's a bug.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/2016/08/
please read

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 10, 2021, 02:05:26 AM »

Ships with the weapons mounts on hull's extremities, f.e. small missiles on FalconP, have serious troubles with unguided strike ordnance (Hammer, Reaper) in said mounts against mid sized targets (Eagle-Hammerhead). Even when they clearly have a shot they will rarely make it. It works as expected against large enough targets (Dominator+) or with guided strike weaponry (Atropos). And, most importantly, it works perfectly fine in the central mounts. I think ai calculations for missile trajectory are flawed somehow.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 10, 2021, 06:44:55 AM »

• Randomly generated planets in the core (including Duzahk and Penelope's Star) should no longer be habitable

Sector age: average.
Sector size: normal.
Domain sector registry ID: AN-4391796526086433911

[attachment deleted by admin]
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 10, 2021, 07:44:06 AM »

a few buggy things noticed
-habitable planets still spawn in core world with only exception being Duzahk and Penelope's. (for example in my save two tundra worlds spawned in canaan)
-ships with built-in decks (basically Venture most of the time) that have converted fighter bay still count towards fleet's fighter bay count, I don't think this makes sense.
-Revenant and Phantom are neither phase ships nor civilian ships in custom production manual.
-Flash bombers "seem to" start launching mines too late that they never finish launching all mines before flying over the enemy hull.
-achieving 10 transplutonics production for hypershunt tap seems impossible as max output is 5+1+1+2 while using a core to reduce consumption dose not activate its effect. Similar situation happen on orbital fusion lamp as core reduces consumption but the hazard rate still get 5% penalty labeled volatiles shortage.
-several bar events require player produce commodities at unachievable amount (like 4 or more organs) at colonies
-player reported contact rep decay faster than it is possible to build
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:23:59 PM by Fenrir »
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 10, 2021, 09:18:26 AM »

Something I've noticed about the new Shield Shunt hullmod: It makes Combat 4L/R a complete dud in terms of spending a skill point. I mean it'll help when you're piloting a different ship, sure, but that really doesn't help the already bad looking hullmod IMO...

HiddenPorpoise

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 10, 2021, 05:07:12 PM »

Do production contractors become less common after you have your own production facilities? I've only found one after setting up an orbital works and they only offered my own blueprint listings. I had ignored a couple full blueprint contractors early on because I thought I'd be able to find them again later when I had money.

dragoongfa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 10, 2021, 05:31:57 PM »

a few buggy things noticed
-achieving 10 transplutonics production for hypershunt tap seems impossible as max output is 5+1+1+2 while using a core to reduce consumption dose not activate its effect. Similar situation happen on orbital fusion lamp as core reduces consumption but the hazard rate still get 5% penalty labeled volatiles shortage.

I take that it is 5 from regular production, plus 1 from admin, plus 1 from core, plus 2 from equipment for a total of 9. The last transplutonic can be produced by making improvements with story points. Should be the same with Volatiles although I haven't found an item for those.

An other solution would be to mod the settings file and allow the player colonies to grow larger and thus produce more stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 146