Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 599086 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1455 on: April 05, 2021, 08:27:40 AM »

And lol @ the <event> that pushed my entire fleet into red CR all at once and cost me 700+ supplies in recovery.

Ooof, ate that one too.
David did it to us on purpose.
Spoiler
Of course we were gonna stick around to watch the pretty explosion, did anyone expect differently?
[close]

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 05, 2021, 08:29:27 AM »

The thing I find annoying there is that the explosion only affects you. Not the pirate fleet that was right next to me. No, they're somehow fine.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

bluevulture

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 05, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »

Is that the
Spoiler
first Janus device test
[close]
? Cuz, yeah, at least that could throw you out of speedup mode. I didn't even realise what happened before it was over.

stormturmoil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 05, 2021, 08:48:08 AM »

And lol @ the <event> that pushed my entire fleet into red CR all at once and cost me 700+ supplies in recovery.

Ooof, ate that one too.
David did it to us on purpose.
Spoiler
Of course we were gonna stick around to watch the pretty explosion, did anyone expect differently?
[close]

I Knew something hinky was gonna happen, and I still got caught by it

Also, nice touch is that if you go back, the Jump points have destabilised and can't be used, just like Galatia in the Tutorial, so you can't colonise that system (hint, pick a system with nothing worthwhile but the gate in)

Another cute Idea might be that next time (during the Magec escape) you decide not to trust the Janus device and have an option to send one ship ahead as a test...only or it to work fine, but for your ship with the Janus device to be on the wrong side and leaving your fleet down a ship and having to get to Galatia the Slow way...
the Price of Paranoia.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 05, 2021, 09:42:01 AM »

The thing I find annoying there is that the explosion only affects you. Not the pirate fleet that was right next to me. No, they're somehow fine.

Huh? It totally affects every fleet it hits! I tested it quite a bit. And, in fact, tested again just now, because paranoia.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 05, 2021, 09:49:19 AM »

Huh. Maybe I was mistaken? I'll have to test it again the next time I get there. If there are pirates around again, anyway.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 05, 2021, 11:05:34 AM »

Problem: I've noticed some inconsistencies with whether the game will allow me to auto-resolve fights. Specifically Pirate fleets spawned by pirate raids, despite the fleets not being consistently larger/smaller some I can auto-resolve and others not. IIRC there was also a point where I couldn't auto-resolve one fight against a Pather fleet near a Pather base (far enough away that the base was not part of the combat, mind you), but after a reload and moving further away from the base I suddenly could. Are there special mechanics in play that I'm not aware of?

Also, as far as the main story missions are concerned, one minor point I have to mention from pretty far in (I'm assuming):
Spoiler
"I believe the trade tariffs are too high. Especially for me." My captain is too much of a straight shooter to clown around with someone as high up as the man, but still, ;D
[close]

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 05, 2021, 11:07:47 AM »

AFAIK the game only allows for auto-resolve if the enemy is running (a pursuit battle). So the fleet being nearer or farther from the station makes sense: presumably when its close it will drag the station into the fight with it.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 05, 2021, 11:14:44 AM »

AFAIK the game only allows for auto-resolve if the enemy is running (a pursuit battle). So the fleet being nearer or farther from the station makes sense: presumably when its close it will drag the station into the fight with it.
In both cases it wasn't close enough to drag the station into combat, though that said only being able to pursue fleets that are actually fleeing makes sense. I do wish I could auto-resolve more fights, though, at least things like low-quality pirate fleets which haven't been an issue in I don't know how many cycles.

Also, something else I just noticed: On the Command/Colonies screen the colonies which are size 6 will still show their growth percentages. I've got one colony at level 6 and 100% growth, which looks really off. I can understand still keeping track in case I decide to increase the max colony size in the settings mid-game, as well as the artificial limit placed on colony size for lore purposes, but showing that it's merely an artificial limit ingame is less than ideal.

boredom974

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 05, 2021, 11:29:51 AM »

What values in settings should I change to prevent enemy fleets from having any mercenaries? I don't like the late game officer spam, so I set "officerAIMaxMercsMult" to 0 and "officerAIMercsStartingFP" to something absurdly large. This seems to work for normal factions, but remnant fleets haven't had any officers at all. Are all remnant officers treated as mercs or something like that? Are there values I can use instead to get a better result?

Radicaljack

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 05, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »

Yeah I've not had luck changing those values as well, it's ruining the game for me at the moment. Hate having to play capture the points instead of having fun enjoying the fight, even then the enemy fleet is full from the start and i'm with two caps or 4 smaller ships. This is not a good change at all and is just a boring worse version of capital spam.

Anvel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 05, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »

During a station attack, there is no capture points so no chance to increase dp, if the enemy has a big fleet(s) of defenders our dp is set to a minimum, and even if you killed the station or a lot of defenders cap doesn't change.

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 05, 2021, 11:51:45 AM »

Officered enemy ships take like 20 times more damage before they die, it's insane. Germlin just casually tanking autopulse like it's nothing.
Also, what happened to the merc marines bar event? I thought patch notes said it was changed to give you more and veteran marines, but it's just gone. I really liked it, even if it's just flavor, sad to see it gone.
I think I might have seen it once this release.

That said, in last release, I mostly saw it in worlds with low stability.
Just got the event on my own colony. damn, it's so rare, it's been like 15 in-game years, first time seeing it.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 05, 2021, 12:16:47 PM »

Is the tri-tach story mission phase fleet intended to show off how powerful the harbinger's system is? Because trying to beat that mission legitimately without using carrier spam was one of the most frustrating things I've attempted to do in my recent memory, before I gave up. (I didn't want to just spam carriers to experience the new content, so my fleet is 3 conquests, one paragon, 2 apogees,a harbinger, a tempest, and two omens, with some tenders - all loot found in the deep reaches.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:25:37 PM by Ishman »

boredom974

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 05, 2021, 12:33:07 PM »

Is the tri-tach story mission phase fleet intended to show off how powerful the harbinger's system is? Because trying to beat that mission legitimately without using carrier spam was one of the most frustrating things I've attempted to do in my recent memory, before I gave up.

Yeah, many fights require the player to have fleets that counters the enemy specifically. I have encountered similar phase fleets doing bounty missions. Carrier spam isn't the only solution though. Long range high alpha beam weapons like tachyon lances are a viable counter, since they can instantly punish any ship that un-phases in range.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 146