Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595794 times)

Vespa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1395 on: April 03, 2021, 02:27:43 PM »

Yay! Some of the updates will finally allow me to play the game (it wasn't possible on my newish system). Can't wait!
This space originally left blank

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 03, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »

Bug: sometimes the fleet that picked up the probe and you pay them to retrieve what's yours, they may infinitely try to pursue you and do nothing on contact.
It renders the game nearly unplayable until you burn all the way and shake them.

Found the root cause of in-system in-faction trade disruption: random trade convoy of other faction lost
The most common ones are pirate and pathers. Since everyone hate them, even their tiniest trade fleet get crushed by other factions' trade fleet and it immediately posts -2 deficit to my own colony, which has no fault on my own logistic officers at all.
All trade convoy must carry something on both trips which makes this happen: my colonies are all self-sufficient except for organs, and in-faction supplied goods shouldn't get affected by outside traders.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 03, 2021, 03:33:03 PM »

@Farlarzia, Sutopia: Thank you! Made some notes.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 03, 2021, 05:40:44 PM »

I was near a bounty pirate station in an unclaimed system when a small pirate fleet tried to chase me. I moved far enough away from the station that the small fleet changed its status to running away, but instead it kept tailing my fleet and wound up inside the circumference of my fleet. It did not engage and kept bouncing around instead. Eventually I changed direction and it flew off, so I raided then blew up the station. It was very amusing.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 03, 2021, 05:47:26 PM »

Is there some way to create a stabilization point for a comm relay in a system which has none?

I thought I heared of a device that may just do that, but just wanted to confirm.  It's not so much the stability bonus that I want, but the convenience of being able to access the market (2 of my 3 colonies exist in that system).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 03, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

Fly into the sun and click on it!

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 03, 2021, 06:10:28 PM »

Oh, well I'll be....

Many thanks!  :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 03, 2021, 06:19:53 PM »

I was near a bounty pirate station in an unclaimed system when a small pirate fleet tried to chase me. I moved far enough away from the station that the small fleet changed its status to running away, but instead it kept tailing my fleet and wound up inside the circumference of my fleet. It did not engage and kept bouncing around instead. Eventually I changed direction and it flew off, so I raided then blew up the station. It was very amusing.

Fixed this one up just now, actually!

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 03, 2021, 06:24:48 PM »

Very nice!

DancingMonkey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 03, 2021, 06:43:07 PM »

Is this a new feature?!?!?

LOVE IT.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 03, 2021, 07:32:55 PM »

I feel like this statement really needs to be a loading/saving tip.  I'm not sure how else this is communicated to the player at the moment.  And despite being really cool, I feel is somewhat non-intuitive - generally solar coronas are bad, and presumably clicking on the sun is not going to be something most people try during the game.

Alternatively, there needs to be a colony pop up that explains this perhaps?  Actually, I have those off - maybe there is one explaining this already?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 03, 2021, 07:57:37 PM »

... yeah, let me at least add a loading screen tip about it. It's pretty well hidden. (Not in the help popups, no.)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 03, 2021, 08:58:08 PM »

Just started playthrough 2! Going for the high tech frigate build this time.

Comments so far: Energy Weapon Mastery is funny, but probably too strong. I can see the bonus being 25% at max flux instead of 50% for a level 2 skill being about right. That puts it in line with other lower tier damage boosters (10% for L1, 0 to 20% for C2). I think the reason its so strong is that for ships that want to use it, they are always going to be in range so there's no tradeoff happening. The elite skill for it is also really excellent, one of the best elite skills out there.

Not that I'm not having fun... its a blast to use, just a little much. :D

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 03, 2021, 10:39:49 PM »

Comments so far: Energy Weapon Mastery is funny, but probably too strong. I can see the bonus being 25% at max flux instead of 50% for a level 2 skill being about right. That puts it in line with other lower tier damage boosters (10% for L1, 0 to 20% for C2). I think the reason its so strong is that for ships that want to use it, they are always going to be in range so there's no tradeoff happening. The elite skill for it is also really excellent, one of the best elite skills out there.
I have to admit that I have chosen this skill for four of my level 6 Lieutenants (3 for my Hyperion frigates, one on my Doom cruiser). 

Still it feels about right for the additional risk it entails to get close to that 50% bonus buff (you need to be under 600 units as well as have high flux) and it's unlikely your sitting at 50% regularly unless you have your shields down or are decloaked.  I haven't really paid much attention to what the average damage is however.  I think my Doom tends to run a bit higher in flux normally than my Hyperion's so it is quite possible I'm averaging less than 25% for my Hyperion's, but more for my Doom. 

If the maximum damage was reduced to 25% and the flux bonus needed to max the effect was halved (ie max damage at 50%+ flux level), it probably wouldn't make much difference to the overal damage of my fleet.

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 03, 2021, 10:41:29 PM »

... yeah, let me at least add a loading screen tip about it. It's pretty well hidden. (Not in the help popups, no.)

I know it's legit, but "grab an alpha core and fly into the sun" sounds exactly like the kind of advice you'd give your little brother on his Ironman save.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 146