Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 599340 times)

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1200 on: March 30, 2021, 02:53:14 AM »

"You have 30 days to develop the contact" or something like that, I thought I had a month to do some quests for them, but they always had nothing to say...I realized i just had to press "develop" in the intel tab when I already lost all the story contacts. It's a bit unforgiving, is there really no way to have those contacts back?

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 30, 2021, 03:08:35 AM »

"You have 30 days to develop the contact" or something like that, I thought I had a month to do some quests for them, but they always had nothing to say...I realized i just had to press "develop" in the intel tab when I already lost all the story contacts. It's a bit unforgiving, is there really no way to have those contacts back?

I think that one is fixed in the latest hotfix:

Changes as of Hotfix #3 (-RC11), March 28, 2021, 6:00pm EST
  • Potential contact intel no longer expires and is flagged as important

Have you already re-downloaded and re-installed in the last 12 hours?

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 30, 2021, 03:40:42 AM »

Not sure if it's an interface spoiler or a bug, but I'll note it anyway: Culann has Pather cells because it allegedly has an AI Core Admin, but the portrait shows a regular portrait13. Also all three colony skills, but I'm pretty sure that NPC admins can just have all three, it's only freelance admins that are limited to a max of two.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 30, 2021, 04:21:26 AM »

I found the high-tech pack, and it still has Apogee in it.  No Fury though.  Would be nice if both were on the pack.  High-tech pack does not have enough nice things compared to the other two tech packs (unless they were stripped down since 0.9.1a; have not found those yet).

Spareribs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 30, 2021, 06:13:11 AM »

Can i update the game to get the hotfixes without having to make a new save?

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 30, 2021, 06:25:24 AM »

Little bug: The colony supply quest (every month produce at least x resource) 
Every month i get the notification that i successfully completed the assignment and that my relations increased by 5. 
Problem is that it's been a few months and while i get this message, the relations with that person are still at 5/100. Not sure about the money, I'm swimming in cash so I didn't check

I got a completion notification for this at one point, but now I can't seem to track down whether I'm actually getting paid. Should it show up in budget? The quest said something like 'Congratulations! You've completed it! You will get paid for 0 remaining months' but I had just freshly completed it... very confused what happened.

Thanks for the report(s)! Made a note to check this all out.
I can confirm that you get no monthly money or rep for completing colony supply quests.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 30, 2021, 07:48:27 AM »

i kind of dont like how the colony "enhancers" like the synochroton core and such have requirements like "no atmosphere"

its hard enough to actually FIND those things... why are they limited to planetary features?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 30, 2021, 08:19:28 AM »

Question:  With Automated Ships skill, can cores be installed into any ship, or only those so-called REDACTED ones?  If so, how does one do it?  I just tried to install a core into a Falcon but could not figure out how to do it.

Gosts

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 30, 2021, 09:00:44 AM »

E-Burn
Spoiler
Emergency Burn losing it's 'ignore terrain effects' feature has made it significantly less useful.
Storm surfing now always results in supply loss. Annoying but not the end of things, they can be avoided (somewhat).

Getting neutron beamed upon entering a system and instantly losing 100+ supplies is now an instant re-load event.
Eating the fuel cost plus whatever supply damage was done before activating E-Burn was an acceptable loss. Having a non-trivial player activity severely curtailed or even aborted because of rng is not good design.

As it stands, E-Burn is only really useful for avoiding enemies now, so it doesn't see regular use.
Which in turn makes the Containment Procedures skill much less valuable.
[close]

Made an account after years specifically just to say:

Couldn't we just get a warning when warping into a system that the warp point is getting blasted by neutron at the moment? The same way you get a warning when there's a massive fleet on the other side? Doesn't fix all your complaints with E-Burn but this one little feature would make neutron systems actually explorable instead of no-go zones, at least for me.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 30, 2021, 09:04:54 AM »

A tip for neutron star systems: if they happen to have a planet, you can transverse jump on top of it and be very close to a safe zone. Its not foolproof,  but its better than the jump points.

Play experience on the new Storm Needler: its fantastic at taking down shields and even a Dominator can mount it without flux troubles! In its own weapon group the AI is also using is fairly intelligently and not wasting it against hull. It feels like an elite weapon.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:06:28 AM by Thaago »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 30, 2021, 09:23:09 AM »

If you don't have transverse jump, another safe-ish spot is jumping to the star gravity well itself. This is where the beam moves the slowest and a neutron star's corona is nearly nothing.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 30, 2021, 09:34:06 AM »

So, I come to use FIELD REPAIRS perk that gives your ships a chance for removing D-mods over a lengthy period of time. Quite a neat skill however I've noticed that ships that had successfully managed to remove all of their D-mods stay with the (D) suffix to their name. Is that intentional Alex?

Spoiler
[close]

Edit: Also I've noticed that music cuts off often when dealing with the Galatian Academy (most noticeable but it was happening elsewhere as well). Which permanently bugs out music and forces a game restart to restore it... I'm still trying  to nail the exact source of the issue tho.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:36:59 AM by Hussar »

Golde

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »

Spoiler
I couldn't figure out how to install a hypershunt tap on my colonies that are within 10ly even after repairing the structure.

I ended up redoing the fight to see if I missed a critical dialogue, it turns out the available taps that were stored at the structure have been pilfered (and I'm supposed to go find them).

Afterwards in the same system, I kept on getting intercepted by these prospectors operating in the grey who kept on stammering about their "big find" (is this is a hint I should kill them because they have it?).

I was attacked after the two dialogue options but they're not dropping anything.

Am I missing anything?
[close]

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 30, 2021, 10:21:24 AM »

You can change:
"enableUIStaticNoise":true,
to false in data/config/settings.json

This worked perfectly - thank you!

boredom974

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 30, 2021, 10:46:20 AM »

Settings.json has a value for the maximum number of officers in enemy fleets. The default value is 10, but I keep seeing enemy fleets that ignore this limit and have many more. I have seen fleets with as many as 19 officers and fighting these fleets is a real pain. Is this intentional or is the AI ignoring the limit in some unexpected way?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 146