Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595802 times)

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1110 on: March 28, 2021, 06:09:45 AM »

Just wanted to say I'm really loving the update. Most skill choices are now giving me choice anxiety so a good sign that it's definitely an interesting decision to make now!
And story points are quite plentiful which is very nice, but stuff like eliting a skill feel like a no brainer every time. Very excited for what direction this is gonna go in.
Time to go back to working on my mod update...
Author of Fluff's Ship Pack. Check it out!
Feel free to hit me up on discord @PMMeCuteBugPhotos#0420

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 28, 2021, 06:30:23 AM »

Black markets no longer sell combat capital ships (can still be acquired from arms dealer contact)
I just found a Conquest on Sindria's black market, so this change doesn't seem to fully work.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 28, 2021, 07:05:27 AM »

It would be fantastic to have access to the intel tab (or any map) during conversations. Case in point, I just printed the sector map (on actual paper, made from real wood!) so I have at least an idea if a job offer lays on my current route or in the opposite direction.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 28, 2021, 07:23:06 AM »

I think the wolfpack tactics skill is great since it gives you a reason to put officers in frigates, but it seems to stack really well with for high tech ships especially with energy mastery

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 28, 2021, 07:26:46 AM »

It would be fantastic to have access to the intel tab (or any map) during conversations. Case in point, I just printed the sector map (on actual paper, made from real wood!) so I have at least an idea if a job offer lays on my current route or in the opposite direction.

By the way, has anyone else trouble with the shift key in menus? It doesn't work for me all the time, not sure if it's my keyboard or if something in the game changed.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 28, 2021, 07:38:57 AM »

Contact reputation decay is too fast, and the contact bounty rep/credits rewards don't scale with distance
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:59:20 AM by SonnaBanana »
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 28, 2021, 08:19:11 AM »

Field Repairs has been quietly increasing my recovery costs.
And since combat seems significantly more difficult now for reasons I can't adequately pin down, I've been needing to regularly deploy my entire fleet to even have a chance of winning.

I'm beginning to think taking FR was a huge mistake since the only way I can hope to complete some of these bounties is with numbers. Which I can no longer afford.

I managed to get a contact a while ago by returning something I found.
The intel thing said it was "developing" which says to me "leave this alone for now". So I went and did other things and promptly forgot about it.
Now I'm looking for it again it seems to have vanished (unless I'm just not seeing it).

[e]
lol, bounty scaling is way faster than progression now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:42:37 AM by Serenitis »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 28, 2021, 08:39:39 AM »

You have to click the "Develop Contact" button to keep a contact.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 28, 2021, 08:44:11 AM »

Field Repairs has been quietly increasing my recovery costs.

Faster repair does not increase total amount of supplies to finish repairs/CR restoration, it only affects rate at which repairs happen. If anything, since you get some free repairs after combat, overall supply consumption should be lowered.

And since combat seems significantly more difficult now for reasons I can't adequately pin down, I've been needing to regularly deploy my entire fleet to even have a chance of winning.

Enemies have really a lot of high quality officers. Something like 14 level 6 officers is normal for higher end bounties. I've even seen a level 7 officer once (how?...).

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 28, 2021, 09:07:43 AM »

Faster repair does not increase total amount of supplies to finish repairs/CR restoration, it only affects rate at which repairs happen. If anything, since you get some free repairs after combat, overall supply consumption should be lowered.
I thought he was referring to bimonthly d-mod removal chance.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 28, 2021, 10:05:26 AM »

What's the intended form of the new 0-Flux speed boost? Should it be active when flux is decreasing or only when a ship is completely disengaged? E.g., do I need to toggle off my PD whenever I see pilums? Should shields be inoperable while in use?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:07:01 AM by Dal »

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 28, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »

A number of people have mentioned that the "planned obsolescence" skills lose their luster too quickly because of low values, maybe a way to combat that without just outright buffing them would be to give those skills the option to be made elite through a story point, increasing the limits? One thing that's kinda disappointing is that only combat related skills can be made elite, except the Leadership one, and the rest of the skills just...are. Might be a terrible idea if it ends up being another "mandatory" story point sink, but maybe it could work?

EDIT: One annoying mechanic is that Militarized Subsystems ships all count as combat ships, even when they're absolutely not intended for any sort of combat. I'm losing +1% max combat readiness on all ships because I've got two Salvaging Rigs with MS, pushing me four points over the 180 limit. What are salvaging rigs supposed to do in a fight, swipe space cranes at pirates?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:42:41 AM by AcaMetis »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 28, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »

D-mods are being removed, and with them the recovery cost reduction.
My fleet is now too expensive to use, but not strong enough face off against even modest bounties unless I deploy everything.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 28, 2021, 10:55:12 AM »

EDIT: One annoying mechanic is that Militarized Subsystems ships all count as combat ships, even when they're absolutely not intended for any sort of combat. I'm losing +1% max combat readiness on all ships because I've got two Salvaging Rigs with MS, pushing me four points over the 180 limit. What are salvaging rigs supposed to do in a fight, swipe space cranes at pirates?

I believe thats intended behavior - it is called Militarized Subsystems afterall, transforming it into a ship designed for battle. Combined with Auxiliary Support, its designed to let ordinally civilian ships be combat worthy.
It makes sense that is has this downside as well - 1 burnspeed, and doubled sensor output, and halved sensor profile is an absolute steal for the OP cost.

To put it in perspective, on a destroyer, you'd be getting half of Augmented Engines, which is worth 8 OP, and then insulated engines, worth 6 OP, and almost half of High Resolution Sensors, which I'll round down to being worth 4 OP. Thats effectively 18 OP worth of upside, for only 10 OP, with the negligable downside of doubled crew requirements, and if you're building it in, taking only one build in slot instead of 3.

Unrelated Addendum - Just encountered a bug with Disruption missions.
"The Task is done to $dsp_personName's specifications".
This happened when disrupting Thulian Raider Bases Spaceport, on behalf of another pirates wishes (This seemed odd to start with). I believe I recieved the mission from Derinkuyu Mining Station.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 11:07:51 AM by Farlarzia »

Flet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 28, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »

can officers you find have more than one elited skill as well? If so this would make officer management a clearly superior choice to officer training.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 146