Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 596178 times)

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1020 on: March 26, 2021, 03:59:35 PM »

Just got my first cargo delivery mission requiring more cargo space than my fleet has. 1800 units of cargo when my already logistics-focussed fleet can hold a max of 1270. If I buy the available Colossus I still will not have enough space left over for the Supplies I'm carrying, and the open market cost of the ship...is actually only ~65K, and I can Story Point the payout of the mission up to 168K (from 112K, for the record). Yes, that's something you can do with story points, at 100% bonus xp: Increase the payout of delivery missions.

...I don't have Augmented Drive Field yet, so that's a definite nope, but aside I'm hopeful. I'll have to play with it more, see the mechanic in action in more situations, but either way I am loving that story point option. And story points in general, really

What impresses me less so far is skills, since to me some definitely seem more...not "mandatory", but utterly outclassing their counterpart to the point where it's not a contest. Navigation vs. Sensors is not even close, for starters. Bulk Transport vs. Salvaging seems to be the same, though I might be misreading what the former actually does? I can understand the different playstyles options, like Flux Regulation is a no-brainer if you're not using phase ships and less so if you do, but I can't imagine a scenario where Sensors would be a sensible first pick.

Incidentally, I've found a habitable planet (moon?) in the core, Livueta in Kumari Kandam, map seed MN-6593263186804071588. Not sure if that's intended? It seems to be the only one, so not sure if it's story-related or something.

BobV2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 26, 2021, 04:24:53 PM »

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'm a bit disappointed in the loss of the old flavor texts for skills. I think they're far superior in terms of both quality and world-building. Most of the text in general is a just plain joy to read, but I feel like these new ones are a step down from the previous quality.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 26, 2021, 04:40:47 PM »

Thank you! Wasn't able to get it to crash on my end to be 100% sure, but still, hopefully the fix I put in will cover it. I really appreciate you taking the time to help with this.
You are welcome.
Any chance for option to turn that eye burning explosion off?
I know that some libs turn it off  but they are not working yet.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 26, 2021, 04:43:07 PM »

You can turn it off in your settings file.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 26, 2021, 05:08:15 PM »

Does the navigation skill add +1 to the burn speed in ship tooltips now?
I've been trying to figure out why my ships are showing an increase in thier stats despite not having any mods fitted that would do that, and this is the only thing I can come up with.

Sad that all the intrinsic maintenance savings and mitigation for trashfleets has been removed.
There is a skill that looks interesting. Randomly reducing incoming damage seems good. Only applying the effects on ships with officers, less so. (I've not even seen an officer yet in this run lol.)
The free repairs skill opposite seems like a much better deal as it applies to the whole fleet without any restriction.

Also a bit unsure about all the skills that 'degrade' as your fleet gets bigger. It doesn't feel all that great spending a limited resource to get an ability, and then having that ability slowly taken away from you.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 26, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »

Loving the update, but built-in hullmods feel absurdly powerful right now. Maybe they should require a scaling number of story points based on OP cost or something..? I dunno

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 26, 2021, 05:24:15 PM »

HOW?
Share your wisdom.

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 26, 2021, 05:26:45 PM »

Loving the update, but built-in hullmods feel absurdly powerful right now. Maybe they should require a scaling number of story points based on OP cost or something..? I dunno
A hard cap might be less weird.  I think ideally you categorize them and give different ships different slots for it, but that's pretty out of scope right now.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 26, 2021, 05:30:14 PM »

So, I was messing aroung in the settings.json file to and this happened

from what I noticed in level 1 you only get 1 skill point and it does not matter how many skil points per level you earn in settings.json
you get the two points but it does not display it properly on level 1
[close]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:32:11 PM by pedro1_1 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 26, 2021, 05:42:13 PM »

HOW?
Share your wisdom.

(Change "enableShipExplosionWhiteout" to false in settings.json!)
Basically,whenever I press F5 to quicksave,while the save bar is progressing,the game wobbles a bit(as in,the planets wobble,my fleet wobbles,nearby fleets wobble) as if my camera is wobbling.The game process itself is fine,it's just that everything wobbles when I quicksave.

Thank you! Yep, known issue - slight bit of a pain to fix, so I've never to around to it since it's pretty benign.

...I don't have Augmented Drive Field yet, so that's a definite nope, but aside I'm hopeful. I'll have to play with it more, see the mechanic in action in more situations, but either way I am loving that story point option. And story points in general, really

So happy to hear that!

What impresses me less so far is skills, since to me some definitely seem more...not "mandatory", but utterly outclassing their counterpart to the point where it's not a contest. Navigation vs. Sensors is not even close, for starters. Bulk Transport vs. Salvaging seems to be the same, though I might be misreading what the former actually does? I can understand the different playstyles options, like Flux Regulation is a no-brainer if you're not using phase ships and less so if you do, but I can't imagine a scenario where Sensors would be a sensible first pick.

Hmm. I'll keep an eye on these! I'll say that to my mind right now, Nav vs Sensors isn't that obvious; the latter boosts stealth *a lot* and I think is more of a playstyle choice.

Incidentally, I've found a habitable planet (moon?) in the core, Livueta in Kumari Kandam, map seed MN-6593263186804071588. Not sure if that's intended? It seems to be the only one, so not sure if it's story-related or something.

Made a note to check this out, thank you.

Does the navigation skill add +1 to the burn speed in ship tooltips now?
I've been trying to figure out why my ships are showing an increase in thier stats despite not having any mods fitted that would do that, and this is the only thing I can come up with.

Navigation adds it fleet-wide, not to the individual ships. Maybe you have the Bulk Transport skill?

There is a skill that looks interesting. Randomly reducing incoming damage seems good. Only applying the effects on ships with officers, less so. (I've not even seen an officer yet in this run lol.)
The free repairs skill opposite seems like a much better deal as it applies to the whole fleet without any restriction.

One is more a new playstyle-enabler, one is generally useful. Many skills are paired like that. It's possible Derelict Contingent needs a buff (or a nerf, even); I'm not sure exactly where it's at right now, actually. But, right, that Field Repairs has no restriction while DC does is very much intentional here.

Kind of strange re: officers; they're supposed to be much more reliably found at colonies.

Also a bit unsure about all the skills that 'degrade' as your fleet gets bigger. It doesn't feel all that great spending a limited resource to get an ability, and then having that ability slowly taken away from you.

The theory is that it'll encourage you to run a leaner fleet to get the most out of those kinds of skills.

Thank you!

They do scale based on OP cost, actually - it's 1 story point regardless, but you get less bonus XP for more expensive mods.  I feel like that matters more than it probably feels like it matters right now.

(And, the top end challenges are pretty tough, so I suspect you'll need that power...)

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 26, 2021, 06:06:16 PM »

Great, now my entire mod list is unusable.
Thanks a lot, Alex.
Do it yourself, as people always say.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 26, 2021, 06:20:16 PM »

Great, now my entire mod list is unusable.
Thanks a lot, Alex.

I hope that is a joke or sarcasm. You know sarcasm doesn't translate well to text, yea?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 26, 2021, 06:27:28 PM »

Hotfix is up! Re-download here.

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 26, 2021, 06:38:57 PM »

A hard cap might be less weird.  I think ideally you categorize them and give different ships different slots for it, but that's pretty out of scope right now.
I am a moron, they are hard capped.  I forgot i lost the ship and got a new one.  Still, suuuper good with some mods. Fun though.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 26, 2021, 07:03:36 PM »

Congratulations!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 07:40:12 PM by Originem »
My mods

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 146