Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 599130 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1710 on: April 16, 2021, 02:57:32 PM »

I've been waiting a few weeks for stuff to get caught up, bug fixes to drop, and so on.

Any planned bugfixes, necessary updates, and whatever coming up in the near future? There's like a hundred pages here, don't have much interest in scrolling back through to check.

Soon...ish, yeah. Working on a mainly-bugfix (and some very large-strokes balance adjustments) "hotfix" release. "Warmfix" at this point, probably?

After that the general pattern is to do a .1 release - in this case, 0.95.1a - which would have more fine-grained balance changes and so on. After *that*, it's on to the next major version.

So I know 0.95 just dropped, but I was wondering if there was any sort of roadmap in regards to the direction the game is going in in the future. I know right now the devs are in bug squashing mode but this release, as far as game releases go as of late, seemed very stable and one of the better in recent memory as far as the industry goes. I know that it's contentious, and I'm not going to pretend that I know all that's going on, but I think the recent additions could make for a decent Steam early access to drum up a bit more support, grow the community a bit. Not right now, but after the bug crunching concludes and focus is back on content development.

Regardless, I hope for only the best for all folks involved. Loved the update.

Thank you! The FAQ touches on the Steam question a bit, but the tl;dr version is "it's complicated". (And, yeah, very much in bug-squashing mode right now, in any case!)

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 16, 2021, 08:37:32 PM »

So I know 0.95 just dropped, but I was wondering if there was any sort of roadmap in regards to the direction the game is going in in the future. I know right now the devs are in bug squashing mode but this release, as far as game releases go as of late, seemed very stable and one of the better in recent memory as far as the industry goes. I know that it's contentious, and I'm not going to pretend that I know all that's going on, but I think the recent additions could make for a decent Steam early access to drum up a bit more support, grow the community a bit. Not right now, but after the bug crunching concludes and focus is back on content development.

Regardless, I hope for only the best for all folks involved. Loved the update.

Thank you! The FAQ touches on the Steam question a bit, but the tl;dr version is "it's complicated". (And, yeah, very much in bug-squashing mode right now, in any case!)

I gotcha. Best of luck with the bug squashing and balancing! Hope you can maybe share were you want to go next update soonTM.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 08:51:58 PM by Xeno056 »

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 16, 2021, 09:14:30 PM »

Alex, what is the current direction of skill rebalances and skill system changes?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 09:16:32 PM by SonnaBanana »
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 17, 2021, 12:11:44 AM »

Alex, what is the current direction of skill rebalances and skill system changes?

+1 for this, especially around the Automated Ships skill and being able to have [REDACTED] ships in your fleet in general as one of the newest major changes in mechanics learned from skills that affects gameplay and fleet composition.

Obviously it's quite early to tell, but if there's a general rough idea of areas which might be getting tweaked (even if those tweaks/changes aren't thought out yet) based on feedback so far and your own (and your dedicated playtesters') experiences with how games on this build are playing out...?

EclipseRanger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 17, 2021, 12:46:16 AM »

A potential bug I ve found.Certain quests
Spoiler
like using the Janus device or returning Kanta's pet to her
[close]
allow the dialogue of completion to repeat infinitely,potentially allowing you to farm character reputation over and over at no cost.I am not sure if this is intented behavior or my saves have an issue( I updated the game to the latest hotfix only after seeing this behavior,so this might be the cause).

I should also add that
Spoiler
if you DONT use the Janus device to exit the Magec system in the questline and return normally,even though the game says you received the Janus device,it does not work.It can not be used to teleport between Gates.Going through Magec as the quest adds also gives the "You received the Janus device" notification,but the device works properly in this scenario.
[close]
Again,I do not know if this is intended,but seemed important,considering the use of this equipment.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:24:09 AM by EclipseRanger »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 17, 2021, 02:05:10 AM »

My point was that you can easily beat fights without focusing on ECM for 90% of the game, it's just a small part of late game where it's a problem, and that part is completely optional.
If in 90% of the game this is not an issue, why is it possible to have early game trash-battles where the player ship is the only one contributing to the fight, while all the other friendlies just weave about a bit and slowly back off?

Why is the number of people struggling with this throughout the entire game not zero?

The fact this number is not zero highlights a problem that needs to addressed with a slightly more effective solution than "everything's fine here no problems for me, you just need to tug on those bootstraps bucko."

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 17, 2021, 05:42:03 AM »

Thank you for the update. The Sector feels so alive and full of people, it's amazing.

Not sure if this has already been discussed (I've only read last 40 pages or so of the thread). The way AI reacts to a raid makes it fairly easy to chain-raid systems with multiple planets. The AI seems to send every single patrol in the system to the raided planet, leaving the rest undefended, save for their orbital stations (if any). Which I don't have to engage if there's no enemy fleet around. I just need to dodge the swarm coming to the first planet and I'm free to raid the rest. It feels very cool, but at the same time a touch cheap. Surely the great strategic minds of Hegemony would've figured my tactics out after my 5th "refueling" at Nachiketa?

slepth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 17, 2021, 07:47:42 AM »

Posting my findings:
1. [Already reported] Pirates/redacted when they see my big fleet, will show 'fleeing' in status but will stick like magnet to my fleet.

2. [Already reported] Small fleet stopping me from surveying/salvaging. Wasting my time to kill that fly. Auto resolve battle?

3. Planet survey window. Could we reduce the redundancy of the the survey/planet windows?
i. Click on planet> A new window with 2 options: 1.Survey 2. Leave> Press 1.
ii. Another window with 2 options: G. Survey Q. Leave> Press G
iii. Another windows that shows the survey result> Press G to continue.
iv. Back to previous window with 3 options: G.Establish Colony Q. Leave. W. Consider other factor> Press Q
v. Back to the 1st window with 2 options: 1. Establish colony 2. Leave> Press 2.

Could we remove the 1st window?

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 17, 2021, 01:17:39 PM »

Not sure if it's actually a bug or some skill combination I'm not aware of, not using carriers ATM, so I'll ask here: 602su/s Broadsword. Is that normal? I wasn't aware fighter LPC could take Safety Overrides...

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 17, 2021, 05:20:30 PM »

Fighters can go super-fast to catch up with their wing leader or carrier.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 18, 2021, 11:16:40 AM »

I wonder if 6 fuel/LY for Atlas MKII and Prometheus MKII would make sense. That would match up with the new 6 fuel/LY that regular Atlas and Prometheus get.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 19, 2021, 01:03:54 AM »

The more I interact with the new raiding system the more I like it. The game was dearly lacking a more involved gameplay aspect to ground operations and the new system adds much to it. I hope scavenging/salvaging will receive a similar rework in the future where you interact with debris fields and derelicts more.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

sprayer2708

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 19, 2021, 01:36:14 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
allow the dialogue of completion to repeat infinitely,potentially allowing you to farm character reputation over and over at no cost.I am not sure if this is intented behavior or my saves have an issue( I updated the game to the latest hotfix only after seeing this behavior,so this might be the cause).

I should also add that
Spoiler
if you DONT use the Janus device to exit the Magec system in the questline and return normally,even though the game says you received the Janus device,it does not work.It can not be used to teleport between Gates.Going through Magec as the quest adds also gives the "You received the Janus device" notification,but the device works properly in this scenario.
[close]
Again,I do not know if this is intended,but seemed important,considering the use of this equipment.

The second one, you should have it in your inventory and need to install it like a blueprint.

EclipseRanger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 19, 2021, 06:19:20 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

I should also add that
Spoiler
[close]

The second one, you should have it in your inventory and need to install it like a blueprint.

I know,I ve activated it.I also reloaded multiple saves to confirm that behavior.Unless I teleport out as the quest asks,the Gate mechanic just doesn't work properly,whether I install the device or not.

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 19, 2021, 06:47:17 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

I should also add that
Spoiler
[close]

I know,I ve activated it.I also reloaded multiple saves to confirm that behavior.Unless I teleport out as the quest asks,the Gate mechanic just doesn't work properly,whether I install the device or not.
It's a bug, you need to go to dev mode via editing settings file, interact with the gate and activate ability to use them (gray color option), save, turn off dev mode.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 146