Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595979 times)

BGrey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1440 on: April 04, 2021, 03:27:22 PM »

I did have the old bar mission pop up eventually with the pirate base location, it had started as -1 stability and I only came across the bar mission when it had hit -3.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 04, 2021, 03:35:47 PM »

That's really annoying. Even more so than the babysitting in 0.9.1

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 04, 2021, 05:27:20 PM »

Observation: the current battle system, where the deployments points aren't redistributed and almost entirely officer dependent creates a situation that is very disadvantageous for low-tech capital ships.

Suggestion: increase the battle size to 500 or reintroduce redistribution or make the deployment point a bit more dependent on fleet size.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 04, 2021, 06:50:15 PM »

Story spoilers next
Spoiler
I've completed story missions in Academy, decided to not use gate when was running away from pirates after raid variant of getting the last scientist from Kanny. But when I got to Academy they still shown me my fleet running through the gate and teleporting... Maybe photoshop will still exist. Ok, so after that I've got the device that, as it's description says, will allow my fleet to use gates if I'll right click on it, so that was done; some message about devicename was installed appeared. But how to use gates now? Nothing still happens then I choose to fly through the gate, only able to scan the gates that wasn't scanned yet. Got the device two patches ago maybe, but still can't get how to use it on the newest patch.
[close]
There's a bug with it, you can work around it by doing the thing Alex says in this thread (note that devmode can also be turned on and off with Console Commands mod).

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 04, 2021, 07:14:51 PM »

Just realized that a nanoforge creates pollution when installed on an Orbital Works. I think it sounds silly that something installed orbiting the planet causes pollution...

Radicaljack

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 04, 2021, 08:28:23 PM »

It clearly states it will cause pollution and the module is meant to be balanced. If it's in orbit it's spewing *** into the atmosphere, if you need a lore reason to justify it.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 04, 2021, 09:12:19 PM »

Just realized that a nanoforge creates pollution when installed on an Orbital Works. I think it sounds silly that something installed orbiting the planet causes pollution...
Gravity still exists in orbit and garbage will fall down.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 05, 2021, 12:22:56 AM »

Playing a lot more in the end game, I feel like we did a complete 180 on the fleet meta. People cried so much about frigates being useless that now the role shifted to destroyers and frigates became the most annoying, scary buggers in the game. With they way DP allocation works now, you pretty much NEED lighting fast ships to cap those first points. And all of the skills buffing damage seem pretty much focused on smaller ships and smaller fleets, there's like one or two good personal skills specifically for larger ships. Combination of EWM and the skill giving bonus damage to larger ship sizes makes frigates phase ships but without the actual phase. You know something's not right when I'm more scared of a random SO frigate than an SO Hammerhead.

The only time I've lost either my Scarab or Tempest is when I lost half of the fleet due to a super hard bounty. In all other 50 or so fights they're just casually walking up to destroyers and cruisers and just wrecking face. Alex pls don't nerf decent ships just because skills make them broken. I'd rather have good ships out of the box that are useful rather than gimped toys that become godlike with appropriate skills.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 05, 2021, 12:49:38 AM »

Observation: the current battle system, where the deployments points aren't redistributed and almost entirely officer dependent creates a situation that is very disadvantageous for low-tech capital ships.

Suggestion: increase the battle size to 500 or reintroduce redistribution or make the deployment point a bit more dependent on fleet size.

it does this for everyone especially the player

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 05, 2021, 04:12:23 AM »

Fights are no faster than before, and bringing frigates in late-game fights are very annoying because of low PPT.  Wolfpack Tactics may help, except it requires Leadership (no good for 5/5/5 in Combat/Tech/Industry spread) and requires officers in frigates.  I have considered Shrike as a Tempest replacement, but it is probably too sluggish unskilled and not disposable enough once it gets s-mods to offset low OP.

PPT needs to be raised across the board, or fights shrunk to what they were before 0.8a.  Also, AI made macho again like in 0.7.1a and before.

Also, make defensive skills weaker and offensive skills stronger for faster kills, and make losses less punishing (or jack up rewards way higher to compete with raids and supply or drug sales).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:14:00 AM by Megas »

Chaos Blade

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 05, 2021, 05:39:53 AM »

Gravity still exists in orbit and garbage will fall down.

Not really, somethng in orbit is in freefall, meaning it will always fall "over the horizon"  I mean, the orbit can decay, over time, but we aren't talking about gases or refuse, those can be easily put in orbit or sent, with a loving nudge, towards the sun or a gas giant or whatever.

I understand game balance, and it is a fair point, but it needs a better reason for being. an organic reason, which is missing atm

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 05, 2021, 05:41:18 AM »

Officered enemy ships take like 20 times more damage before they die, it's insane. Germlin just casually tanking autopulse like it's nothing.
Also, what happened to the merc marines bar event? I thought patch notes said it was changed to give you more and veteran marines, but it's just gone. I really liked it, even if it's just flavor, sad to see it gone.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 05, 2021, 06:37:47 AM »

Officered enemy ships take like 20 times more damage before they die, it's insane. Germlin just casually tanking autopulse like it's nothing.
Also, what happened to the merc marines bar event? I thought patch notes said it was changed to give you more and veteran marines, but it's just gone. I really liked it, even if it's just flavor, sad to see it gone.
I think I might have seen it once this release.

That said, in last release, I mostly saw it in worlds with low stability.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 05, 2021, 07:54:04 AM »

The mission "At The Gates" has a bit of misdirection in it.
The text says the objective is on Kazeron, but it's actually on Chico.
Spoiler
[close]

And lol @ the <event> that pushed my entire fleet into red CR all at once and cost me 700+ supplies in recovery.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 05, 2021, 08:24:41 AM »

And lol @ the <event> that pushed my entire fleet into red CR all at once and cost me 700+ supplies in recovery.

Ooof, ate that one too.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 146