Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 599390 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1425 on: April 04, 2021, 08:56:09 AM »

They can be sometimes recovered normally instead of (with) difficulty.  In case of Lumen, you get 87% bonus XP with difficult recovery, which may be acceptable.

WeiTuLo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: April 04, 2021, 09:05:42 AM »

Another ship for my collection.

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: April 04, 2021, 09:36:06 AM »

Hi, was playing a lot with a new update. Feels like paragon has became even worse with it's DP cost due to larger number of officers in enemy (especially redacted) fleets and it's uneffectivness; he's still constantly dropping his awesome shields in duels or against stations even with zero flux levels and shooting all of autopulse laser charges at the distance when the target is out of range. Also shooting his buddies with hardpoint weapons... Feels like it would be better to just take more dooms as changebals and make all the work by myself with a cool fireworks show.
Story spoilers next
Spoiler
I've completed story missions in Academy, decided to not use gate when was running away from pirates after raid variant of getting the last scientist from Kanny. But when I got to Academy they still shown me my fleet running through the gate and teleporting... Maybe photoshop will still exist. Ok, so after that I've got the device that, as it's description says, will allow my fleet to use gates if I'll right click on it, so that was done; some message about devicename was installed appeared. But how to use gates now? Nothing still happens then I choose to fly through the gate, only able to scan the gates that wasn't scanned yet. Got the device two patches ago maybe, but still can't get how to use it on the newest patch.
[close]
Also seems like colony expeditions haven't got any more time between them, still constantly having two or three in colony threats tab (with one colony). New items are pretty rare usefull due to planet conditions restrictions. Maybe lowering bonuses from them if conditions are not met will be a better option?
I like ability to build mods into hull a lot, even after loosing full-upgraded with built-ins fleet for two times (I'm playing on ironmod, so ohh).
Fleet-wide phase ship skill counts non-combat phase's as combat ships, making skill completely useless in case of using them. Some of another fleet-wide skills become way less cool pretty fast due to low DP cap (any ways to keep up with enemy fleets without enought ships if i don't really want to disengage all the time after reaching clean disengage?(have 178 DP of combat ships, only ships with weapons in my fleet are 2 dooms and a shade, all other DP are from militarised subsistems and phase tenders)).
I do really lack 3 skill points after reaching max level, even without picking any colony or raid skills. Feels like new skill sistem makes combat builds less combat-capable.
P.S.
Very cool update, adds a lot of new endgame goals for me.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 04, 2021, 12:20:18 PM »

Potential issue. Or at least somewhat confusing.

The Galatia fluff text is going into detail about me having done things that I do not recall doing.
Specifically scanning the ziggurat.
To my knowledge I have not done this, having had only a single encounter with it very early game which I very bravely ran away from.
My guess is that the encounter I had counted as a 'scan' and so part of the script gets skipped.

Maybe there needs to be a bit of an alternative text loop if the player encounters this thing before doing the Galatia missions, because this is currently reading like I've missed a step somewhere and it's super confusing.

Chaos Blade

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: April 04, 2021, 12:40:12 PM »

I seem to be having a bug with one of the mission types, going to the bar fellow warning about pirate raids, and I seem to be getting an error, thus far doesn't seem to be mod related (it only really started after I updated to RC12. admitedly a mod might be messing with this, but a bit hard to track this down, any console commands to try and prop the barfly into being?)

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 04, 2021, 01:09:40 PM »

In my current playthrough I feel that low and med danger beacons are extremely sparse and the outer rim of the sector is all damn red.
Is this bad luck or proc gen broken?

Also, medium danger beacon systems don't spawn damaged stations, which made it extremely hard to farm core with mediocre fleet. Not sure if this is intentional.

If a battle is not avoidable, it shouldn't apply instant hostile penalty sine the fleet IS hostile on you on it's behalf and no fault on me.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 04, 2021, 01:10:50 PM »

I think this is just bad luck - I've got a lot of medium ping systems and 2 of them so far have damaged stations.

evzhel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 04, 2021, 01:42:00 PM »

• Randomly generated planets in the core (including Duzahk and Penelope's Star) should no longer be habitable
In my game (0.95), the planet Yamaros' Work in Duzahk is habitable, with low gravity, abundant organics, sparse rare ore deposits, adequate farmland and widespread ruins (100% hazard). Actually a very nice planet.

GenericGoose

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: April 04, 2021, 01:43:39 PM »

class 5s seem to be more common now (still a lot that are unfortunately overrated, because of ruins, that still seem to be less useful than desired)? also every decent planet seems to be high gravity, while low gravity is extremely rare. maybe it's just the seed.
upd: my legion just burn drived into a battlestation and died. I get that the officer was reckless, but I thought they are still supposed to be more well-informed on the burn drive safety...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 02:03:07 PM by GenericGoose »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 04, 2021, 01:43:44 PM »

Other minor suggestions: make pirate base has chance to move after reaching max size so they don't plow the same region over 100 times and leave the rest intact.

Possibly bug: the bonus xp % for spending story point after max level has been based on old value of 1 mil (RC12 currently 400k)

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 04, 2021, 01:58:11 PM »

Anyone else having trouble finding Pather Bases that target your colonies in this update`? Used to be an option to ask around at your colonies, wich does not seem to work anymore. How do you find those bases now?
--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: April 04, 2021, 02:32:15 PM »

Same here, but with pirates.
They targeted my colonies with -3/-50 and I can't find the guy in the bar who reveals the location.
I checked all the nearby systems...

oooh_senpai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: April 04, 2021, 02:41:24 PM »

Same here, but with pirates.
They targeted my colonies with -3/-50 and I can't find the guy in the bar who reveals the location.
I checked all the nearby systems...
I saw pathers base directly from colony threats tab, without bar meeting or something

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: April 04, 2021, 02:56:06 PM »

I still can't find the pirates...
And 3/50 is very damaging...

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: April 04, 2021, 03:01:09 PM »

I saw pathers base directly from colony threats tab, without bar meeting or something
This happens when someone has set a bounty on them at some point in the past, and you therefore already 'know' they're in that system.

I still can't find the pirates...
And 3/50 is very damaging...
You can use the console commands mod to help with this - it's not a perfect solution by any means, but you can run 'openmarket' with no arguments to get a list of markets that exist, and just start going through the pop-up pirate and pather stations at the end; 'openmarket xyz123' or whatever the market ID string is, double-check that it's actually a pirate station, then blow it up. Repeat until your pirate infestation magically goes away.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 146