Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 146

Author Topic: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 595989 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.95a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1365 on: April 02, 2021, 11:56:51 AM »

Also about Pather cells, what determines whether they're active or sleeping?

cells that have a station linked to them are active, cells that dont have a station arent

Oh yeah, to clarify! Cells go from sleeper to active if the colony is "ranked" as important enough. Basically the top worst-offenders (from LP's point of view) get active cells, then the next X get sleeper cells, which are kind of a warning. This includes non-player colonies as well. So thinking about it.. in theory selling items that boost Pather interest to other colonies could divert their attention from you.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 02, 2021, 12:01:15 PM »

After watching Pather cells in previous releases, it is best to assume that Pathers can wake up anytime.  I rather avoid the problem by never letting interest exceed 6.

I also eventually steal items from core worlds to 1) weaken their expeditions and 2) remove Pather cells.  Win-win.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 02, 2021, 12:17:24 PM »

Also about Pather cells, what determines whether they're active or sleeping?

cells that have a station linked to them are active, cells that dont have a station arent

Oh yeah, to clarify! Cells go from sleeper to active if the colony is "ranked" as important enough. Basically the top worst-offenders (from LP's point of view) get active cells, then the next X get sleeper cells, which are kind of a warning. This includes non-player colonies as well. So thinking about it.. in theory selling items that boost Pather interest to other colonies could divert their attention from you.

Doesn’t this mean player can alway get away with 9 interest since there is a AI admin on one of the core colony? That’s a big oof for me trying very hard to prevent cells from spawning. Cutting in big margins.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 02, 2021, 12:18:48 PM »

Doesn’t this mean player can alway get away with 9 interest since there is a AI admin on one of the core colony? That’s a big oof for me trying very hard to prevent cells from spawning. Cutting in big margins.

It's not just one world they put active cells on, nor is it one per base.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 02, 2021, 12:20:32 PM »

I get cells the moment interest hits 7 or more.  If it is exactly 7, they are sleepers (that eventually wake up).  If I get 8 or more, they are active and want to burn my colony down now.

Rain

• Ensign
  • Burn bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 02, 2021, 02:36:29 PM »

Minor (potential?) bug/error: got a pirate fleet spawned from a salvage ping thingy ("whatever it was, it has to be close nearby") with 14 (I counted) Atlas MKII plus a bunch of smaller things in it; I guess it might be an intended rare thing or something, but if not it looks a bit like a leftover from a more capital-spammy time.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 02, 2021, 02:45:32 PM »

Minor (potential?) bug/error: got a pirate fleet spawned from a salvage ping thingy ("whatever it was, it has to be close nearby") with 14 (I counted) Atlas MKII plus a bunch of smaller things in it; I guess it might be an intended rare thing or something, but if not it looks a bit like a leftover from a more capital-spammy time.
It has been there since 0.9.1a iirc.
The distress signal may be an independent fleet asking for fuel or pirate ambush
14 atlas mk2 doesn’t sound super off as their DP is quite low as capital ships.
I think in one of my .91 runs I got ambushed by THREE of those, was good times since they’re made with plastic bags anyways.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 02, 2021, 02:56:26 PM »

Thanks! Made a note to have a look; yeah that's kind of a lot.

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 02, 2021, 03:39:55 PM »

Were any of them a XIV battlegroup MKII Atlas? If you ever get a chance to salvage one, give it a try. They are actually a lot of fun to fly I find.

Mach56

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 02, 2021, 04:11:32 PM »

Were any of them a XIV battlegroup MKII Atlas? If you ever get a chance to salvage one, give it a try. They are actually a lot of fun to fly I find.
Those are from a mod, not vanilla.

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 02, 2021, 04:27:58 PM »

A few times now I've found over 30,000 ore in mining stations or their debris field. If you happen to hit salvage all and not notice, the extra cargo will eat up all your supplies in a few seconds.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 02, 2021, 05:23:49 PM »

A few times now I've found over 30,000 ore in mining stations or their debris field. If you happen to hit salvage all and not notice, the extra cargo will eat up all your supplies in a few seconds.

Same here, but I'm usually careful to make sure I have the cargo space (exception being supplies of course, no point chucking them might as well use them at an increased rate).  I wonder if there should be a hard cap on the number of cargo you can take over the limit to avoid this sort of thing happening.

Also, how much would it cost to run a fleet capable of carrying 30,000 ore?  15 Atlas's, 150 monthly supply, 90 fuel/light year...hmmm maybe it would turn a profit, but if you can afford that fleet to begin with, I'm not sure if it would even be that lucrative, though that is merely my uninformed opinion (need to dig further into the math to see whether it makes sense or not).

Gosts

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 02, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »

This happens to me a lot. I know that, really, this is user error. The game DOES give me notifications that I am carrying too much. But in situations this extreme, I feel like there should be some kind of additional warning. If I just salvage things really fast sometimes I don't notice, and then I literally lose a thousand supplies in seconds, and I have to load my game. Maybe there could be a popup if you're carrying 150% of your inventory? or even 120% or so? Or maybe before you hit 'OK' when you're taking things, the button can flash red or something to indicate you have WAY too much.

It's not strictly necessary but it'd be a great QOL feature.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 02, 2021, 05:38:28 PM »

Yeah, I've got a TODO item about this...

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 02, 2021, 05:54:21 PM »

While you are at TODO, maybe have difficult recovery not be the first thing that pops up if they are the only ships.  More than once, I clicked recover all, and almost confirmed until I saw green and held at the last second before wasting SP by accident.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 146