Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.2 - information services  (Read 48164 times)

Omnicast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.5.0 - information services
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2020, 06:32:48 PM »

Great mod. I just have a problem with it and a suggestion.

When you search for frigates and destroyers the sprites displayed are really F**KING TINY! At a glance, I can barely tell one sprite from the other. Is it possible to make the sprites larger?

My suggestion is for one of the filters to filter out search results based on ship design/faction. This should make it much easier to find the ships people are looking for without going through that gallery of ships.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2020, 10:51:03 AM »

When you search for frigates and destroyers the sprites displayed are really F**KING TINY! At a glance, I can barely tell one sprite from the other. Is it possible to make the sprites larger?
I can't speak for the author of this mod but I doubt any display changes are going to happen until after the 0.95 update. Alex has reconstructed the UI so the game can scale better for the user display.

Omnicast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »

Oh okay, nice to know. I don't usually read the changelogs of what's coming I usually only read them after the patch gets released.

Glad that a UI update is coming. I always hated those empty spaces around the UI when I'm in the colony market.

Another suggestion. Add a button to turn off all queries. This doesn't delete them it just turns them off.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:31:39 PM by Omnicast »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2020, 01:06:49 PM »

Another suggestion. Add a button to turn off all queries. This doesn't delete them it just turns them off.
Now that one is already there. The button that says Enable toggles to Disable.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2020, 01:32:46 PM »

That button went away during redesign. I will reintroduce "toggle all" soot(tm).

As for icons, those are hardcoded. If you are using 2k or 4k then they will be tiny or super tiny. If you are using 1080p they can become small due to scaling (long thin ships/weapons will look "odd"). There is really nothing to do with that, that (intel) view is meant to consume square, well articulated icons and not weapon/ship sprites (see "starsector-core\graphics\icons\intel").
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 09:02:36 AM by Jaghaimo »

UserNameViolation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2020, 11:21:22 AM »

Just wanted to say thank you for your work on such an awesome mod! It's a must have QOL

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2020, 02:56:57 AM »

Please consider distinguishing queries that point to storage items if it is intended to be shown. It tricked me with a rare ship and got very excited that some submarket sells it just to have it realized, meh it's my own storage.
Obviously the mod still rocks.  :)

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2020, 10:03:50 AM »

Hi Jaghaimo, I discovered your settings file & wondered what the seconds boolean does? It says the market must be discovered = false. Does this mean that I have to land at a market first before it is found in hypernet?

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2020, 11:38:10 AM »

Not hidden vs discovered
All markets that are not hidden are visible on the main map, and are automatically discovered. When you start a new game you have all core worlds visible.

Some markets are marked as hidden. These can be custom (from mod) worlds or random pirate / Luddic path bases. These will not show on the main map, even when discovered (found out by the player).

It only makes sense to set true to one option or the other. From gameplay perspective, the not hidden rule makes more sense.

Added to "to be fixed" list
  • Removal of player storage from result sets.
  • Add toggle all (flip all on to off, and all off to on) button

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2020, 08:15:22 PM »

Do you think it's possible to make "Hey independent trader, buy that stuff for me" mod? It's kinda annoying that we don't have middle man to buy stuff from hostile faction or when we still exploring the cosmos  :D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »

Do you think it's possible to make "Hey independent trader, buy that stuff for me" mod? It's kinda annoying that we don't have middle man to buy stuff from hostile faction or when we still exploring the cosmos  :D
Sounds like something Stellar Logistics + HyperNet combined would do.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.0 - information services
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2020, 01:29:29 PM »

Released small update that addresses two recent concerns:
  • Add "Toggle All" button
  • Remove player storage from results (configurable)

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2020, 11:59:46 AM »

The features that this Mod adds were near the top of my wishlist, thanks for taking the time to make this !

Nalesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2021, 09:13:42 PM »

Would it be possible to add searchability by hullmod?(if not all, some of the relevant ones such as salvage, nav, survey, etc.) Faction would also be nice.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2021, 07:44:56 AM »

Would it be possible to add searchability by hullmod?(if not all, some of the relevant ones such as salvage, nav, survey, etc.) Faction would also be nice.
I'm not the author but it should be technically possible. However, the performance loss is probably an effective barrier. (ie It'd be so slow its not worth)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5