Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.2 - information services  (Read 48144 times)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.6.2 - information services
« on: October 16, 2020, 01:07:49 PM »

Hyperspace Network
Information services for Starsector

Hyperspace Network, or HyperNET in short, is a sector-wide hyperspace network to query content of known markets.
Using the network one can search for administrators or officers with a given personality, query markets for weapons, fighter wings, modspecs, or blueprints, or locate specific ships for sale.

Known bugs
Spoiler
Having too many queries leads to rows bleeding into UI.
Unfixable until next Starsector release.

[close]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:22:53 AM by Jaghaimo »

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperspace Network 1.4.0 - information services
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 07:42:36 AM »

I love this mod, it's make us the player have more control instead hoping and praying to get the items we want, btw it is compatible with StellarNet? Thank in advance  ;D
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 08:10:57 AM »

It is compatible with both new Stellar Logistics (1.0.0 that provides just courier services) and with legacy Stellar Logistics (0.11.1 that had StellNET, shared warehouse and courier services).
For best experience you'd probably want to upgrade Stellar Logistics as soon as you're done with current play through. Do note that Stellar Logistics upgrade (1.0.0) is not save-game compatible with legacy version (0.11.1).

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 02:23:01 PM »

Is it possible to make ship skins searchable? (Lasher (LP) etc.)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 12:12:57 AM »

I think it can, because variant ship count as different ship.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 01:44:02 AM »

It was an oversight on my part - it is actually done as of yesterday. I will make a release in ~10h from this post.
Edit: It is now released:
  • Distinguish between variants and d-modded hulls in ship query
  • Change default ship filters to no damaged and no carriers
  • Sort intel based on distance to player
  • Change intel info to be more useful
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 02:49:32 AM by Jaghaimo »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 11:39:53 PM »

This is a really nice QOL mod though I have to report a problem. In my current game I kept trying to find a few specific mod specs only to be denied at the last second over and over. So I hit spacebar to pause, refreshed the hypernet, and used console to jump and goto to instantly teleport on top of the markets in question then clicking on the planet got me into the market with bare minimum time passing, the first market I checked had the searched for mod but the rest did not. I then checked planets where I had access to all the sub markets and the hyper net was wrong every time I checked.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 12:25:11 AM »

I cannot reproduce it. Every item (or ship) goes through submarkets plugin to check if it is legal to buy by player. This removes submarkets that the player has no access to the item (no commission or no rep too low).

Are we talking about vanilla submarkets and/or vanilla modspecs? I COULD see this fail on a submarket which needs a special unlocking mechanism (quest or such). Could you give me some examples of when it failed? Are you spotting any similarities in those failures?

Here's example - there are 7 submarkets that sell ITU:

There are no submarkets I have access to with ITU:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:26:55 AM by Jaghaimo »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 01:21:26 AM »

I did some more testing, started a new game and everything seemed fine, I loaded up my problem save, cleared the hypernet and searched for what I was looking for again and everything was fine. So I waited 2 months for all the markets to refresh after buying one of the hull mods I was looking for and got the problem again. It seems despite refreshing, the hypernet doesn't remove old mods taken off market or add new ones put on market, it updates the moment you dock to the market however. I also deleted the search for the hull mod I bought and searched for it again and it was nowhere in the sector like it should be.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:34:30 AM by Spess Mahren »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 02:46:11 AM »

Thank you - it is indeed as you said: initial update happens when picking item to search for in the picker dialog, but refresh logic (buttons) are missing that update.

Released 1.2.0 that contains two bugfixes and new feature (for modders):
  • Add merging CSV support to blacklist markets
  • Fix intel refresh not updating content of submarkets
  • Skip markets that are disabled
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:43:40 PM by Jaghaimo »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »

Would it be possible to make a filter that restricts search to open and black markets?(no restricted markets)

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 01:27:37 PM »

Would it be possible to make a filter that restricts search to open and black markets?(no restricted markets)
It is possible, and it was the default behaviour in older versions (prior to split from Stellar Logistics). This new version includes restricted markets, but checks if the player can actually purchase the item before including results from that restricted market (like military).

What is the reason you are asking for that?

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 03:32:12 PM »

It is possible, and it was the default behaviour in older versions (prior to split from Stellar Logistics). This new version includes restricted markets, but checks if the player can actually purchase the item before including results from that restricted market (like military).

What is the reason you are asking for that?
Ah so there is a check so the player can actually buy it then, didn't know that sorry. I asked this because there was no info on which submarket the item/ship is in. It would be a shame if you went to a planet, only to discover the item is in a submarket you cannot access.
Also if its possible, can you make the right side panel show additional info like how many items are available, etc? Kinda like this:

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »

I'm playing with the latest version and while this is anecdotal I have noticed there seems to be less mod specs in the sector then before, a lot less and I run roughly 60 mods so there should be say 5-6 integrated targeting units in the black markets if nothing else as before but it can't seem to find any despite about a dozen searches for it over 2 in game years.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 01:37:41 AM »

This does seem a bit anecdotal I'm afraid. ITU definitely spawns, but in most cases it will be in Military Market, which requires commission and high rep. If you do not meet these criteria (to buy it), the intel will not show it. Once I have added submarket info to intel (right side, as per @mora, see below) I will add the option to include un-purchaseable items.
I have fixed one bug that might have caused a lot of results not showing up in markets correctly. See 1.3.0 update.

Ah so there is a check so the player can actually buy it then, didn't know that sorry. I asked this because there was no info on which submarket the item/ship is in. It would be a shame if you went to a planet, only to discover the item is in a submarket you cannot access.
Also if its possible, can you make the right side panel show additional info like how many items are available, etc?
This is indeed planned for the next releases, which will come after new Stellar Logistics release (going to be big). The empty pane on the right will have the following:
  • Basic description (market size, owner, etc.)
  • Your standing with the market owner
  • Which submarkets have the item and how many are available and whether you can buy or not from them
Edit 29 Oct: Stellar Logistics released, back to Hyperspace Network now.
Edit 30 Oct: HyperNET 1.3.0 is out! Shows all results, but if player cannot purchase for some reason (rep, no access to submarket) - intel will be greyed out and moved to the bottom of the list (along with info text).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:41:54 AM by Jaghaimo »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5