Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC15] Hullmod Barratry 2.0  (Read 85108 times)

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Barratry 1.3b
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2020, 10:08:58 AM »

I wish scuffed mods were somehow separated from the main mod, they not only clutter the loadout screen, they clutter the list of available hull mods even if you don't want to use them.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2020, 10:53:46 AM »

Use mods category menu to navigate the vast collection of mods easily.

"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 07:02:36 AM »

You know, I am almost cursing at your mod being so compatible with HMI.

This must've been the 8th time I fed both my Locomotive converted junker battlestations to hungry [Redacted] Fleets for them to gain more D-mods and I only managed to get 2. I do not know if the following idea fits this mod more than HMI or vice versa, but here it is anyway:

New Hull-Mod: Crude Bulkheads
Description: Unlike the proper method of applying reinforcing structures to an already existing frame, this bulkhead design redistributes the already installed hull reinforcements to key areas instead. The end result of such welding barbarism being a sturdier ship hull overall that is prone to running into significant, long lasting damage would the "new and improved" Bulkheads spring into action and keep the ship in once piece.
Effects: Ship hull points increased by 25%, Ship is almost always recoverable after being disabled (same as R.B), significantly increases the chance of receiving a D-Mod upon ship recovery. It should cost a bit less than the standard Reinforced Bulkheads and also be Incompatible with it.

What do you think?

While that is quite a decent idea, the mod for me is pretty much what I had envisioned it to be as it is now. If something like that were to be made it'd likely be in a new seperate mod, but thank you for the suggestion anyway  ;D

Hello, I just want to point out that unzipping your mod in the mods folder spills out a bunch of different files instead of just one file like all other mods. This clutters up the games mod folder and makes things confusing in the future when there may be a need to remove a mod. Please advise on what can be done here. I downloaded from the github link on the first page and used 7zip to extract. I didnt have this problem with any other mod.

Seems to extract just fine into it's own folder, unsure why it would be spilling out it's contents for you. Others that I know have used it havent reported this issue which makes it even more bizzare.

I wish scuffed mods were somehow separated from the main mod, they not only clutter the loadout screen, they clutter the list of available hull mods even if you don't want to use them.

All 5 cosmetic 'scuffed' hull mods should be grouped up together and shouldnt clutter up the selection screen *that* much, but unfortunately I don't plan on splitting the mod up into seperate modules since it's fairly small to begin with. As SukmaZaki mentioned above you can just sort by category if it bothers you that much.

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »

I like that you now added unique V-mods. New icons are great. Though some does not really make sense to me description wise. There is a difference between gross negligence and cutting corners on stuff you don't need that much. Though that's just my opinion.
BTW might it be possible to add some new icon for them so that they are listed at the corner of fleet tab just like d-mods? Maybe instead of red notches it could be yellow ones?

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 06:05:38 AM »

Just wanted to drop in and say this is such a great idea for a mod. I was hoping someone would make something like this for a while. The idea of seriously cutting corners to cut costs is very thematic for starsector I feel. It also reminds me of the grungy "make ends meet at any cost" feel of mechwarrior. Also, I've been in that exact scenario of trying to pick up D mods and it is a total nightmare. Keep up the good work!

PS the zip is missing its own folder for me too like Sultan mentioned.

PSS I humbly suggest removing all tags from the UI table for the mods except for V/S Mod tab, even requires dock. That will clean up the UI much more effectively, because otherwise you have to toggle off every category they fall under and everyone already knows they're dock only.

PSSS It doesn't look like the math is right on V mods, the recovery CR cost doesn't seem to actually go down. I think its actually reducing maintenance cost instead when it shouldn't. Is each 10% supposed to be multiplicative? I think its supposed to be flat but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:03:47 PM by HeartofDiscord »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2020, 11:19:57 AM »

PSSS It doesn't look like the math is right on V mods, the recovery CR cost doesn't seem to actually go down.

Just checked, and I was wrong previously.
Maintenance costs are being reduced (seemingly) correctly, but recovery costs are not.

rawardy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2020, 01:12:51 PM »

For Linux users /jars/Hullmod_Barratry.jar needs to be renamed to Hullmod_barratry.jar or the mod will crash on startup. Linux cares about case sensitivity in filenames whilst Windows does not.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Barratry 1.3c
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2021, 05:44:45 PM »

Hullmod Barratry - Update 1.3c

Download links-

-Fly-by visit fix-

Fixed mod files not having their own subfolder when being unzipped. Sorry to anyone that's had this issue till now, got access to a PC to sort it quickly since it seemed to be so widespread.
Unsure when I'll have more time to work on this but I hope people are able to enjoy it in it's current state.

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Barratry 1.3c
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 01:49:45 AM »

So I decided to expand my opinion on how V-mods should look like - not a criminal negligence but intentionally cutting corners/downgrading systems that your ship won't need. They should also be somewhat more unique rather then being full d-mod counterparts and maybe not every of them should require dock to apply. Some could actually be designed similar to Repurpoused Fighter Bays from DaRa (which would become vanilla in next update, yay!) - they are to be used on salvaged ships to trade one negative effect from d-mod with something else.
General V-mods:
Light bulkheads - remove some bulkheads or cut holes in them to make it easier to access some of the systems for quicker maintenance. Reduces hull integrity and makes the ship more likely to fall apart in combat but reduces maintenance costs.
Reused armor plates - normally damaged armor plates have to completely replaced with pre-manufactured replacements. Welding the damaged plates together and reusing them would make the repair faster and cheaper but at the price of worser overall armor condition.
Ion thrusters - replace standard chemical thrusters with ion ones. These don't require as much gas to operate but are also weaker. Reduces maintenance cost at the cost of maneuverability.
Stabilized Engine (?) - reduce burn of the ship by 1/2 but also reduce the amount of fuel and supplies consumed by the ship.
Minimized Life Support - the standard operation precedure before entering combat is to depressurize any area that is not neccessary in combat, keeping only the bridge and other important areas stationed by crew pressurized. Doing so and restoring the pressure after combat is time consuming... and might feel expensive when your crew is barely a skeleton crew. Caps the crew capacity at skeleton crew level, reduces maintenance costs.
Carrier V-mods:
Manual fighter assembly - removes ship's built-in speciallized autoforge and assembly automation. Parts are now produced on that civilian shuttle nanoforge and manually modified/assembled by your industrious slaves. Reduced fighter replacement rate, fighters quality and doubles the amount of people required per hangar.
Depressurised hangar - removes blast doors/docking fields from hangar making it easier for fighters to launch, especially with a flight deck damaged. Your deck crew however would doubtly appretiate the fact that they now have to work in space suits and slowly walk around with magnetic boots. Reduces fighter replacement rate recovery but increases replacement fighter deployment speed. Drone wings are less affected.
Phase V-mods:
Shallow dive phase coil: removes phase speed bonus but reduces rate at which PPT runs down.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Barratry 1.3d
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2021, 05:25:03 AM »

Hullmod Barratry - Update 1.3d

Download links-

-Fly-by visit fix V2-

Updated to work on current Starsector version, which was luckily just changing mod_info and no under the hood stuff. Mod still works as intended but obviously is in a kind of limbo right now with the skill that it had previously relied on now being gone. Could potentially reimplement the traits from the old skill if possible and if/when my motivation comes back to me, but we'll have to see.

Tested for a while in game but had no issues come up but please do report any here if there was something I missed!

Bidiguilo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC8] Hullmod Barratry 1.3d
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2021, 11:41:24 AM »

Here's some feedback: Aftermarket plating has no description, there is a typo in maneuverability in impotent replacement thrusters and careless welding is marked as hidden and unlocked at the same time (Not sure if it does anything bad). Another minor issue is that these hullmods aren't red like the normal d-mods, but I don't have any particular problem with that.

Also, do the V-mods/S-mods work with derelict contingent? Just to know.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC8] Hullmod Barratry 1.3d
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2021, 03:26:56 PM »

Aftermarket plating has no description, there is a typo in maneuverability in impotent replacement thrusters and careless welding is marked as hidden and unlocked at the same time (Not sure if it does anything bad). Another minor issue is that these hullmods aren't red like the normal d-mods, but I don't have any particular problem with that.

Got some spare time on sunday to take a look at this stuff, thanks for bringing this up! It's by choice that the hullmods don't show up as red too so no worries there.

Also, do the V-mods/S-mods work with derelict contingent? Just to know.

To be honest I haven't actually checked with that skill, but they shouldn't. The way I did the V/S mods is by just making regular hullmods with D mod characteristics, so they technically shouldn't be affected by it. Hopefully.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC15] Hullmod Barratry 1.3d
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2021, 11:14:48 PM »

I love the mod. It’s really handy for making deployment costs lower for constant fighting in core worlds.
Would it be possible to make them work with derelict contingent? Like so each vmod is worth half a dmod?
Also noticed you haven’t added vmods for the new dmods, really looking forward to it. The faulty automated dmod seems ripe for abuse as a vmod.
Though with that one, may be worth giving it the full penalty because it’s so easy to deal with.

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2021, 09:20:39 AM »

Hello is this the mod that adds the Drivefield Stabilizer EX? That hullmod increases the maximum burn of the fleet by 20. Just wondering which mod adds that.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2021, 11:53:22 AM »

Hello is this the mod that adds the Drivefield Stabilizer EX?

Pretty sure I slapped that, along with hi res sensors EX into maintenance rebalances a while back, so you probably have that installed.

I love the mod. It’s really handy for making deployment costs lower for constant fighting in core worlds.
Would it be possible to make them work with derelict contingent? Like so each vmod is worth half a dmod?
Also noticed you haven’t added vmods for the new dmods, really looking forward to it. The faulty automated dmod seems ripe for abuse as a vmod.
Though with that one, may be worth giving it the full penalty because it’s so easy to deal with.

I might have some free time to work on the mod next week so it fits 095 rather than a hasty fix. We’ll see.
Some nice suggestions though I’ll look into them

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4