Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC15] Hullmod Barratry 2.0  (Read 85112 times)

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Barratry 1.3
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 11:32:29 AM »

This might be something unintended though...

Spoiler
[close]
This is a ship which is for sale in a market.
It has your new mods applied to it as part of the procgen (which is cool), but:
  • The mods aren't being marked as (D) in orange - not necessarily a big deal
  • The mods don't seem to be respecting compatibility - the example above is a carrier with a phase mod

If you can get your mods to apply to only the same kinds of ship the mods apply to in vanilla, you've p. much cracked it.

[edit]
Also, the new mods don't appear to be affecting the recovery costs, just the maint. costs. Is this intentional?

Just had a look at the stuff you mentioned, and yes most of those problems I'd like to fix, and hopefully have been with the latest update dropping momentarily.

Luckily was easier than I thought it would be.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:46:32 AM by Nextia »

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Barratry 1.3a
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »

Hullmod Barratry - Update 1.3a

Download links-

Bugfix update!

Fixed a few issues relating to unremovable V-Mods spawning on ships, blueprints spawning for vanilla D-Mods, deployment costs not being taken into account for V-Mods, and stopped civilian only V-Mods being applicable to combat ships.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:25:23 PM by Nextia »

Manually applicable D-Mod-like-hullmods, for when blowing ships to hell isn't fast enough

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 02:51:50 AM »

Something might not be quite right.

On starting the game with 1.3 enabled, recieved this:
Spoiler
75244 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.hullmods.incompatable.IncompatibleHullmodWarning]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.hullmods.incompatable.IncompatibleHullmodWarning]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.hullmods.incompatable.IncompatibleHullmodWarning
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more
[close]

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 04:44:57 AM »

Something might not be quite right.

On starting the game with 1.3 enabled, recieved this:
Spoiler
75244 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.hullmods.incompatable.IncompatibleHullmodWarning]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.hullmods.incompatable.IncompatibleHullmodWarning]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.hullmods.incompatable.IncompatibleHullmodWarning
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   ... 2 more
[close]

Ah, I have a feeling I know whats happening there. Cooked up a quick fix and uploading soon so should be fine now.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2020, 04:57:06 AM »

Hullmod Barratry - Update 1.3b

Download links-

Fixed a small crash on load bug related to a specific hullmod being referenced in the wrong place.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Barratry 1.3b
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2020, 05:51:41 AM »

So huh, my ship get shredded and i try to restore it, but somehow my ship get all the V mod and it's impossible to remove.

"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2020, 05:53:34 AM »

And yes, i'm in spaceport.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 06:05:48 AM »

So huh, my ship get shredded and i try to restore it, but somehow my ship get all the V mod and it's impossible to remove.

What version of the mod are you running? Those issues got fixed in 1.3a, and I haven't seen it crop up so far in my test playthrough at all. It shouldn't even be possible since they're not recognised as D-Mods anymore.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:08:26 AM by Nextia »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 01:00:50 PM »

Thanks for the speedy fix.
Can confirm in 1.3b:
- Any new ships are not generating the new mods.
- Any ships generated under the previous version with the mods still have them, and they can't be removed.
- Mods are adjusting stats in line with the descriptions once more.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 03:24:35 PM »

Thanks for the speedy fix.
Can confirm in 1.3b:
- Any new ships are not generating the new mods.
- Any ships generated under the previous version with the mods still have them, and they can't be removed.
- Mods are adjusting stats in line with the descriptions once more.

Glad to hear it boots now, guess I had forgotten to change the error hullmod path for the public release back to the original one  ::). As for the ships with perm V-Mods, it is unfortunate but I suppose it's 100% not happening now which is a good sign.

Only thing I've seen still occuring is the V-Mod blueprints still showing up in salvage loot drops and I have no idea how to prevent it. For now it's not so gamebreaking to warrant not playing, but is of course a minor inconvenience. Once the hullmod BP's have been learnt once in a save though they stop showing up so there's that.

McQuark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2020, 05:53:43 AM »

any chance you could make it so HMI ships get a halved points benifit from using the v mods instead of nothing?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2020, 08:45:38 AM »

any chance you could make it so HMI ships get a halved points benifit from using the v mods instead of nothing?

That would just make it way too easy to make Junker ships obtain their insane capabilities from the get-go I fear.

On a side note, is this mod save-compatible or will it break an ongoing campaign savefile?
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Nextia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2020, 05:28:08 PM »

As the post above already mentioned, I'm not planning on adding support for HMI junker ships just simply because it would be a touch too overpowered for what I had in mind. Went out of my way to make sure it didn't happen.

On a side note, is this mod save-compatible or will it break an ongoing campaign savefile?

Should be fine to add to an ongoing save yes, removing it from an existing one will however cause a crash.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »

As the post above already mentioned, I'm not planning on adding support for HMI junker ships just simply because it would be a touch too overpowered for what I had in mind. Went out of my way to make sure it didn't happen.

Should be fine to add to an ongoing save yes, removing it from an existing one will however cause a crash.

You know, I am almost cursing at your mod being so compatible with HMI.

This must've been the 8th time I fed both my Locomotive converted junker battlestations to hungry [Redacted] Fleets for them to gain more D-mods and I only managed to get 2. I do not know if the following idea fits this mod more than HMI or vice versa, but here it is anyway:

New Hull-Mod: Crude Bulkheads
Description: Unlike the proper method of applying reinforcing structures to an already existing frame, this bulkhead design redistributes the already installed hull reinforcements to key areas instead. The end result of such welding barbarism being a sturdier ship hull overall that is prone to running into significant, long lasting damage would the "new and improved" Bulkheads spring into action and keep the ship in once piece.
Effects: Ship hull points increased by 25%, Ship is almost always recoverable after being disabled (same as R.B), significantly increases the chance of receiving a D-Mod upon ship recovery. It should cost a bit less than the standard Reinforced Bulkheads and also be Incompatible with it.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 06:33:15 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »

Hello, I just want to point out that unzipping your mod in the mods folder spills out a bunch of different files instead of just one file like all other mods. This clutters up the games mod folder and makes things confusing in the future when there may be a need to remove a mod. Please advise on what can be done here. I downloaded from the github link on the first page and used 7zip to extract. I didnt have this problem with any other mod.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4