Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Vandala's Mod Idea Collection Effort and Link Repository for Stuff I Made.  (Read 70540 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile

Ahem.

PONIES IN SPACE!

There, back on topic, no need for warnings.

(Wouldn't work anyway, they'll never believe you. Ponies and just to innocent.)

7007King0770

• Ensign
  • Boom, there goes the enemy's ship.
    • View Profile
    • My Minecraft Server, Please join if you enjoy playing Minecraft, in addition to Starfarer.

I have to ask, are you one of them "pusher" ponies that force your views on others? If you are GTFO, if you aren't I hope your mod succeeds and becomes prosperous alongside other non-pony related mods. Thank you for listening to my concerns.  :)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

No, no I won't. I refuse to argue against a kid who thinks the entire universe could be annihilated in the time frame of a decade.
That is beyond absurd. *sigh* Kids these days.
Even if you had a method to do it with exponential speed, it would still take an amount of time on a cosmic scale. Not a damn decade.
I agree it's absurd, Apophis hasn't made a big enough gun...yet
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:23:14 PM by medikohl »
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You know what fine, sure you can completely annihilate an entire universe within a decade. You know how? You subjugate all matter and energy of an entire neighboring universe and turn that into a cannon of some sort that can somehow fire a single blast before becoming useless and with that you can wipe out a single universe. There. And you know what, you still can't do it. And no it's not just the construction, which will take forever, it's also the means by which you fire the damn thing which will probably take a few million years, yes, the firing method you use to set this thing lose will take milions of year just to complete. Then it will do what ever it's supposed to do which will also take very, very long to take effect.

All simply due to the size of everthing your dealing with. Are you seeing how silly the concept of universal warfare is?

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile

What y'all think of this?

Separate Spaceship Design Idea: High Fantasy Style.

Main color will be White, secondary color will be Green.
Ships will basically be long or beautifully shaped marble ships with lush grassland growing on their decks and roman style buildings for housing.
Weapon mounts are open towers where unicorn arch-magi are stationed, protected by magical shields in various bright colors. (color code the type of magi stationed for weapon identification)
Weapons are unicorn arch-magi, probably belonging to the energy/missile variety. Perhaps ballistic variants are possible by means of war machines like catapults and bolt-throwers. (with magically enhanced munition)
Known for their unnaturally superb shielding and very low flux cost but have no armor whatsoever. (cannot gain benefits from armor modifications)
Or turn it around, no shields but enchanted stone construction has very high armor. (makes more sense in conjunction with the look of the shielded towers)
Engine trails are rainbows and/or clouds trailing/drifting off.
Most of their ships have very limited carrier capacity.

Classes of ships: Cloud Drifter + Star Chaser + Stellar Observatory + Celestial Temple + Lunar Guardian.
Fighter/bomber classes are different wings of Pegasus: Pegasus Wing + Royal Guard + Lunar Guard + Wonderbolts + Shadowbolts
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:49:34 PM by Vandala »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile

Think about weapon and colors of it... Like...
Nyan Torpedoes...
Missiles of Blessing...
Cannon of Friendship...
Gun of Union...
Something really weird...

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I sense off offtopicness in some posts above here :), anyways, ponies in space. Destroying stuff. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (sorry, just had to get that out of me ;))

Danne-Outlander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies in space?
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2012, 12:26:27 AM »

I might be a little late on the draw here, but......

I hate each and every person here due to this. I will literally have nightmares about dead animated creatures and bloody ponies. And the worst part is I had a paused Friendship is Magic video on the right side of my screen. Peace out!

*Pony middle finger* 

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

IDF claims it's victory against TimCORP!

I thought we stopped bragging? very well, wait until the next update, where the battlestation will be presented. Enjoy your victotry, while you can...... ;)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile

I thought we stopped bragging?
Hmm... why it so only after your defeat? Probably you now not so sure that you can raid the sphereworld 8)
Note: Size of Sphereworld is same as of big starsystem. Think that every ring is was planetary orbit...

very well, wait until the next update, where the battlestation will be presented. Enjoy your victotry, while you can...... ;)
You will add battlestation? Fine, I will add dreadnought... Or I will enable Main Caliber Weapons...

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

this thread.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile

is.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Most definitely not hating (look at my name) but I think your going about this wrong. I haven't read through the whole thread, but it looked like from your first post you wanted a very clear cut and hardcore theme for this. I think it would work better with less pony focus, and more of the feel different factions would have.
   If you went with, say, New Lunar Republic, Discords Revolt, and Old Solar Empire, I would see OSE being medium weight, fast and maneuverable, and beam focused. Also, they would use a bright and warm color pallet, like gold white and pink. NLR would be opposite, with dark blues purples and blacks, I can see more productively shaped, angular ships, covered with armor with highly advanced solid shell ballistic weapons. For DR, I can see crazy, asymmetrical designs, alot like the junk pirates. They could have a pallet like red brown and silver. Maybe be kinetic missile oriented, with huge, high explosive cannons and little armor.
   If someone made a mod like that, I would ride it to the moon. (lololololololol you saw it coming too huh) Of course you could have crazy effects with different kinds of color and light, like sparkles and dust clouds, maybe make the com trails huge on OSE ships, idk, get crazy with it. But I don't think a lot of people would go for what your trying to do.

You wouldn't have to scrap it, just tone it down a little.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11