Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A game within a game within a story.  (Read 547 times)

cptflint77

• Ensign
    • View Profile
A game within a game within a story.
« on: October 01, 2020, 08:35:50 PM »

So I had this idea of using StarSector as a background/ visual/ board for a table top style RPG that also uses Pathfinder to tell an epic story. Magic = Psionics and Psionics = op things I make the ships do (using the console mod) when combat happens like instant repairs, cr refreshes, instant kill/death, invincibility, among other shenanigans.

It would create a multiplayer experience on top of one StarSector game using mods like the ever useful console commands among other things tbd. It could potentially support multiple stories, multiple crews, a massive amount of players, and I might be in over my head a little with it.

If it works like I want it to it will generate more for the game then it ever needed. Id like to get into contact with some modders for it in order to more aptly plug multiple player characters to enhance one or more ships, or even entire fleets, in a more complex manner. We could use multiple games, multiple saves, I don't even really know yet.

If this works out like I want it will be the background for a lot of StarSector based Machinima that will be acted and played out by all of us. With some serious effort it could get StarSector all the fame and fortune it deserves.

First come first serve for command positions for the #GodWeapon ships of various sizes.

https://discord.gg/2X8es78

That will be good for the first 50 people who want to talk about this with me personally.

I'm CptFlint. I've been playing your glorious game for a while and since I'm *** at coding and OK at GMing table top type games I thought I'd try to give something back to you guys to the best of my ability.