Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The Star Federation v0.99-RC5 - Inspired by FTL (5/23/23)  (Read 325886 times)

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Star Federation v0.7.3 (Inspired by FTL)
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2021, 05:51:09 AM »

Hi!

Thank you so much for bringing FTL to SS! I've been playing both years and am so appreciated to see them merge together!

Though I haven't started a game with the mod yet, found the mod just now, there is a thing about the mod caught my attention
Generally fewer mounts
Is it just me or, I mean no offense, YOU CALL THAT FEWER?
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

DistressBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2021, 02:44:03 PM »

Just wanted to say this is an amazing mod for FTL lovers and you've done a really great job at translating FTL  mechanics and aesthetics to the sector.
Pirate fleet pursing your fleet

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2021, 05:56:18 PM »

I got it working ... very cool to see the FTL ships in the game.

Are you planning to add the other races from FTl  ... Slug, Engi, Rock, Mantis, Crystal?

Well, in time! I'm currently conspiring with someone to create the Mantis, though they may just be another mod altogether at this point.

Thank you so much for bringing FTL to SS! I've been playing both years and am so appreciated to see them merge together!

Though I haven't started a game with the mod yet, found the mod just now, there is a thing about the mod caught my attention
Generally fewer mounts
Is it just me or, I mean no offense, YOU CALL THAT FEWER?[/size]

Hope you have fun! Also, I've been busy making the ships more well-armed for the sake of balance. I should change that disclaimer soon!  :D

Just wanted to say this is an amazing mod for FTL lovers and you've done a really great job at translating FTL  mechanics and aesthetics to the sector.

Thank you kindly. I figured if I wanted it bad enough, then so should everyone else!  ;)

agigabyte

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2021, 09:17:39 PM »

The Stellaris launcher is saying this mod is for 0.9.1a, and won't let me select it. I even re-downloaded the mod, and checked the mod_info.json file to make sure it said it was for 0.95a (it did). Do you know of anything that could be causing this issue?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »

The Stellaris launcher is saying this mod is for 0.9.1a, and won't let me select it. I even re-downloaded the mod, and checked the mod_info.json file to make sure it said it was for 0.95a (it did). Do you know of anything that could be causing this issue?

Delete the whole mod and insert the new version, don't try to overwrite the old one! It is definitely 0.95a compatible. Though I just updated the main post link a few days ago with the 0.95a link.

Incogneato

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2021, 07:06:05 AM »

The Nesasio is not registering as a phase ship in the build/doctrine filters, also it does not count towards the bonuses from Phase Corps. I absolutely love the ship.

rumpel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2021, 11:39:48 AM »

Paths in Linux are case sensitive.

https://i.imgur.com/Z2OsOGE.png

I changed the name, but then it was wanting all uppercase again for some other file.

Bloody linux. That little caveat with case sensitive file names is such an issue. Will see about fixing it, if I can.

Any update on this? :( Seems to be the only mod with that issue, at least judging from initial loading. Would be nice to be able to play with it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 11:41:47 AM by rumpel »

HalO23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2021, 12:04:31 PM »

Hey I tried playing with your mod and Nexerlin. It caused the game to crash every time i turned random sector on to actually get factions to spawn. After turning off a bunch of mods and checking everything I've found that it's definitely this that causes it to crash. Even just running this with Nexerelin and the libs to make it work it crashes with random sector on. Real shame I would have loved to play with this. It's amazing how you changed some ships and made new ones inspired from the FTL ships while keeping the feel of starsector ships.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2021, 12:30:54 PM »

Hey I tried playing with your mod and Nexerlin. It caused the game to crash every time i turned random sector on to actually get factions to spawn. After turning off a bunch of mods and checking everything I've found that it's definitely this that causes it to crash. Even just running this with Nexerelin and the libs to make it work it crashes with random sector on. Real shame I would have loved to play with this. It's amazing how you changed some ships and made new ones inspired from the FTL ships while keeping the feel of starsector ships.

Quote from: Rumpel
Any update on this? :( Seems to be the only mod with that issue, at least judging from initial loading. Would be nice to be able to play with it.

Apologies. Yes, I've been working on a bit of a rebalance for some ships! But I've fixed the nex crash, and it should be out soon.

The Nesasio is not registering as a phase ship in the build/doctrine filters, also it does not count towards the bonuses from Phase Corps. I absolutely love the ship.

Whoops, I wonder how that even works? It says phase ship in hull_data.csv! But it's getting a bit of a nerf, so hold on tight!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:37:51 AM by Sleepyfish »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Star Federation v0.8.0a (Inspired by FTL)
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2021, 01:56:53 AM »

Wooo, very small update time! Fixed the Nexerelin crash, along with a ton of other big-but-not-new changes. Sorry, but it breaks saves due to the the weapon changes on the hulls.

Changelog:
Spoiler
Major overhauls of several ships and basically everyone else's variants, including:
   -Rebellion: Larges changed to Hybrid and Universal. New hullmod which replaces ATC only gives 50% more range to beams, increases projectile speed by 20%. Increased supply and deployment cost to 60, High Maintenance remains.
   -Accordant: Mount types overhauled a lot. Lost the large missiles, sorry. Minor stat changes all around.
   -Resolute: Hardpoints converted into Hammer Barrages. Stat changes all around, and a small sprite upgrade.
   -Union: Fixed some weapon positions, slightly touched up the frontal hangar on the sprite.
   -Centa: Some energy hardpoints built-in. 14 deployment and supplies/mo now.
   -Brava: Changed medium energy turret in the center to universal, allowing for far more dakka.
   -Proteus: Heavily changed mount types, but also gave it Accelerated Ammo Feeder. 28 supplies to deploy and maintain.
   -Nesasio: Slight stat nerfs all around. Sorry, HELMUT was too good with it.
   -Kestrel: Slight stat nerfs to the shield efficiency.
   -Probably some more I forgot about scrambling to get this out for Nex.
Many weapons received tuning. Sorry, I was not gamer enough to document them in detail.
   -In general, the Scrapshot weapons were nerfed. I felt they were a bit too good at what they did.
   -Overcharger got buffed with a slightly lower firing delay and better flux efficiency.
   -Ultraheavy Pulser received a larger projectile spread.
   -Glaive Beam got slightly more flux efficient.
Octavia system received some cosmetic changes, bumped up Fuel Depot market size.

Oh, and most importantly... fixed the Nexerelin crash! And some pesky Linux case-sensitive file name bugs.

Some other things probably escape me for now.
[close]

Click the image to download! 0.8.0a as of 4/13/2021
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:42:46 AM by Sleepyfish »

Senya_in_Space

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2021, 07:42:13 AM »

I finally got the mod to work on Linux. The issue was that some of the sound files had the path of [sounds/FED/sfx/sound_effect.ogg] and others had the path of [sounds/fed/sfx/sound_effect.ogg]. The reason that this was an issue is because the Linux path system is case sensitive. My quickfix was creating a separate folder titled "fed" with an "sfx" subfolder and manually moving all the sound effects with the lowercase path into it by tracking them through the starsector log. However, this seems like an oversight and an easy fix on the dev's end. Hopefully, other Linux users will find this informative.

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2021, 08:46:59 AM »

Just a FYI: You seem to have forgotten to change the mod version in modinfo file.  So the version checker is saying that the mod is out of date (even though it isn't).

rumpel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2021, 12:24:10 PM »

I finally got the mod to work on Linux. The issue was that some of the sound files had the path of [sounds/FED/sfx/sound_effect.ogg] and others had the path of [sounds/fed/sfx/sound_effect.ogg]. The reason that this was an issue is because the Linux path system is case sensitive. My quickfix was creating a separate folder titled "fed" with an "sfx" subfolder and manually moving all the sound effects with the lowercase path into it by tracking them through the starsector log. However, this seems like an oversight and an easy fix on the dev's end. Hopefully, other Linux users will find this informative.

Yup, looks like not all cases were fixed with the latest version, unfortunately. But I'll give this a try, thanks for the hint. I just copied the whole folder instead of only the files that causing issues. It works and was a lot faster. :D

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:30:50 PM by rumpel »

okj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2021, 03:55:14 AM »

Uhm, version is still listed as 0.8.0 instead of 0.8.0a

alo357

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2021, 05:02:57 AM »

Just to ask, am I blind or something? I can't seem to find a place or way to get the Federation hull/weapon/fighter blueprints beyond having found a single 2 use Rebellion LPC on the opposite end of the sector in a Domain mothership.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21