Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.96a-RC10] The Star Federation v0.99-RC5 - Inspired by FTL (5/23/23)  (Read 325848 times)

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Star Federation (Based on FTL) - v0.6.1: Polished Up!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2020, 12:58:05 AM »

I came to this thread expecting a half baked, sloppily put together set of sprites from the original game, but then i actually look at the ships damn dude, you really went above and beyond for this to set it up properly.

You should consider adding "The Rebels" as a pirate-style faction someday.

kamykrak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 08:19:51 AM »

this is amasing !
is there plans to make a crew ability for Commissioned Crews in the future ?

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 04:19:28 PM »

I came to this thread expecting a half baked, sloppily put together set of sprites from the original game, but then i actually look at the ships damn dude, you really went above and beyond for this to set it up properly.

You should consider adding "The Rebels" as a pirate-style faction someday.

Glad the FTL dream is alive for others!  :)

I wish I could say making paint jobs beyond hue-shifting is easy, but I don't have a proper workflow/setup that allows me to crank out skins easily. I have been experimenting, though!

this is amasing !
is there plans to make a crew ability for Commissioned Crews in the future ?

Heya, thanks!

Yeah, I just forgot to slip in the CSV in this version... oops. It's coming next update, though I am quite busy with IRL things. It makes playtesting and stat modifications a little tough!

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] The Star Federation (Based on FTL) - v0.7: Further Iteration
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 03:17:26 AM »

New version! So much has changed, it's practically a new mod.

Well, that's a lie. But I have been very busy in these two months. Changelog in the main post! I highly suggest starting a new campaign due to all of the serious hull changes.

Meet the new face of the Union with 2/4 of her Omnidrones!

Click the image to download! 0.7 as of 11/21/2020
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:13:17 PM by Sleepyfish »

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

0.7.1 Hotfix! Along with updates to main post graphics!
  • Nearly all variants received an overhaul, and over-OP cases were removed.
  • ECCM hullmod added to the Cormorant
  • Light Overcharger Light damage reduced, 275->220
  • Heavy Scrapshot flux efficiency rounded to 1.1
  • Randomized Missions received clarification on ctrl-click commands. Have fun!

A preview of some of the re-polished and adjusted hulls.

Click the image to download! 0.7.1 as of 11/22/2020

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm super happy with The Star Federation. I'm trying to get used to my Invader-class destroyer. He's a bit on the suicidal side...

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

I'm super happy with The Star Federation. I'm trying to get used to my Invader-class destroyer. He's a bit on the suicidal side...

Yeah, I've noticed the Antimatter Injector ships are... rather dumb. They use Burn Drive AI, so I'll see about fiddling with the stats. For now, perhaps just use them to chase?

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Just fyi, Burn Drive AI should be improved in the next Starsector update.

(Cool mod!)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile

Just fyi, Burn Drive AI should be improved in the next Starsector update.

(Cool mod!)

Indeed, I am very excited for all of the goodness. Watch that twitter like a hawk! And thank you, hope it brings you much space cruisin'!

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've noticed the Antimatter Injector ships are... rather dumb. They use Burn Drive AI, so I'll see about fiddling with the stats. For now, perhaps just use them to chase?
I'm not disappointed with him! He's great at tearing up the frigates that try to flank. Its just hard to handle his second surge where he flies right into a cloud of enemies. I'll take the good with the bad.

Please continue the mod!! I love it!

By the way, did you see the following post? https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5061.msg302877#msg302877
Morrokain wanted to mod some weapons that would fire over friendly units. I think that that effect should be a part of a lot of the defense drone ordnance.

Have you considered any inclusion of the EBEs from FTL? It would be fun accidentally finding the Rockmen homeworld. You get about three moments to prove your trustworthiness before the entire system goes hostile on you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 06:59:38 AM by IonDragonX »

youXplode

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Bug on Linux
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2020, 12:53:50 PM »

Currently, the Star Federation mod is unplayable on linux. This is due to the important casing on linux - the "FED" directory is not the "fed" directory. There are two places in which this is an issue - the sounds and the graphics directory. I managed to solve this issue by making a copy of the FED directories in both that have the name "fed", but this is inefficient and doubles the amount of data. I would appreciate it if you change all references to sounds to use the lowercase or uppercase "fed" instead of using both, and renaming the directories appropriately.

Lorant

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The mod looks beautiful - congrats!! Just curious what the rebel union-class ship is based on. anyone know? tried to google that phrase, but didn't see anything.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It looks like the osprey, only larger and stuffed with hangers.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: Bug on Linux
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2020, 10:44:46 AM »

I'm not disappointed with him! He's great at tearing up the frigates that try to flank. Its just hard to handle his second surge where he flies right into a cloud of enemies. I'll take the good with the bad.

Please continue the mod!! I love it!

By the way, did you see the following post? https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5061.msg302877#msg302877
Morrokain wanted to mod some weapons that would fire over friendly units. I think that that effect should be a part of a lot of the defense drone ordnance.

Have you considered any inclusion of the EBEs from FTL? It would be fun accidentally finding the Rockmen homeworld. You get about three moments to prove your trustworthiness before the entire system goes hostile on you.

Hah, good to hear, and thanks! I assure you I will continue to work on the mod, because I am never happy with the sprites and balance! Drones can already fire over ships in the default game, and you can see two of them circling the Accordant.

As for future content, I am keenly aware of the interest other races and pirates present. They're on my list, but I won't lie, I hope to make them more special than just extra ships that will bloat the game. That entails quite a bit of coding and sprite work, so we'll see!

Currently, the Star Federation mod is unplayable on linux. This is due to the important casing on linux - the "FED" directory is not the "fed" directory. There are two places in which this is an issue - the sounds and the graphics directory. I managed to solve this issue by making a copy of the FED directories in both that have the name "fed", but this is inefficient and doubles the amount of data. I would appreciate it if you change all references to sounds to use the lowercase or uppercase "fed" instead of using both, and renaming the directories appropriately.

Ack. Linux strikes again! Noted, will push out a fix sooner rather than later.

The mod looks beautiful - congrats!! Just curious what the rebel union-class ship is based on. anyone know? tried to google that phrase, but didn't see anything.

Thanks!  :)

It looks like the osprey, only larger and stuffed with hangers.

I'm afraid the Union is an original design, same as the Accordant battlecrusier. I've. been forever interested in the ships that would show up in the background of Federation fleets! Remember these guys?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 01:45:38 PM by Sleepyfish »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Rockman World
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »

Hah, good to hear, and thanks! I assure you I will continue to work on the mod, because I am never happy with the sprites and balance! Drones can already fire over ships in the default game, and you can see two of them circling the Accordant.

Yes, of course. Because they are fighter wings, they already do that. My mistake. I hope there won't be future conflicts with the fighter wings being built-in but without any actual fighter bays.

As for future content, I am keenly aware of the interest other races and pirates present. They're on my list, but I won't lie, I hope to make them more special than just extra ships that will bloat the game. That entails quite a bit of coding and sprite work, so we'll see!

If you look at the Tahlan Shipworks mod here : http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14935.0
You will see that Nia Tahl has hidden a planet with a faction somewhere in the sector. I hadn't even realized the faction existed until I accidentally made a visit. That's pretty cool and I think that the Rockmen should get similar treatment. Maybe a special warning beacon would be labelled "No Trespassing. Intruders WILL BE SHOT!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21