Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Various QoL ideas  (Read 2533 times)

CoverdInBees

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Various QoL ideas
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 05:52:00 AM »

Another thought:

Maybe ships with officers should not suffer as quickly from the "crew understrenght" condition. After salvaging a hull, it's a bit unbelievable (and costly) that your main combat ships have to give up just as much crew and CR as your freighters and tankers. It's also not pretty to look at to have that warning smeared across every one of your ships. I'd say only touch the crew of ships with officers after all other ships have a max CR of 40%.

I like this from a "realism"/believability standpoint but it might make the mechanic a bit too trivial gameplay wise?

(ofc loss of combat readiness in ships you care about is only one side of the equation, supplies needed to recover it once you get more crew again is the other, so it might be fine in the end.)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2020, 08:59:47 AM »

- It was probably suggested before, but it would be really nice to have all storage locations connected into one. Like a magic chest, you know. Call it the sector courier network or something, maybe give it a waiting time or extra costs.

you dont even need to acknowledge or justify it at all. We all know why its there, pretending its in there bc it makes in-universe sense is like Kojima insisting Quiet has to be naked in his game for super serious reasons, its weirder to pretend than it is to just admit it
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 07:24:43 AM »

I want to suggest to make the "help popups" option part of the character creation questions. I regularly forget to uncheck it when creating a new character, that couldn't happen if it was asked e.g. between choosing the difficulty and the tutorial option.
Alternatively, after you unchecked it once, it could be auto-unchecked for all new characters.

Bit annoying getting pop ups if you don't need them. That's all.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 08:33:55 AM »

Better yet, an option to disable all of the help pop-ups mid-game.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2020, 06:09:29 AM »

It would be nice if damaged fighters docked for quick repairs if they are on regroup orders and there is "no enemy presence".
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
Pages: 1 [2]