Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re: What's your enforcer build?  (Read 7291 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What's your enforcer build?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »

I never liked to pilot Enforcer. Regardless what loadout I use it feels like a waste of a player-piloting potential. Looks like many player-piloted frigates provide larger impact to battle, than Enforcer. If I have a choice, I would rather pick Wolf or Lasher, not this flying brick. And that's not to mention Tempest and Afflictor...

I rarely use it in my fleet even in early game, but if I do, those are stuffed with torpedoes (Any, I have in my pocket) and some semi-random guns, usually no more than three (two empty mounts to save OP). I wouldn't say that loadout is effective, as I just don't care if they survive a fight or kill something. All they have to do - is die, distracting enemy fire from ships I actually care about.

Once I manage to get access to his larger brother, the Dominator, I just scrap all Enforcers from fleet.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 09:28:40 AM »

I mean, what are you even planning on doing with a destroyer swarm?

Later into the game when you are fighting fleets of cruisers or capital ships general purpose gunboats like the enforcer just don't seem to have much of a place...
I know

it will be just a fun game
I get bored of my drover/fighter fleet

at the moment I am playing a kind of mule fleet trader with a bit smuggling. It is a lot of fun, just fighting if I can win or help my "friends"
when I am done collecting mules or get bored, I will start enforcer run in a new game

the behaviour of mule only fleet is interessting, somehow more controll with ships flying the same speed, same stats, similar weapons

I'll try the same with enforcers to see how much I can get from a not overpowered chassis,
never had more then 2 in early and I do not like lategame anyway

should I go for 10 aggressive or reckles officers? ( on my trader mule run I'm fine not fitghting much and with 0 officers)

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 09:42:14 AM »

Aggressive, personally.

And sure please do as you wish, I also play the same for the most part.

I suppose you could group your enforcers into different tasks and roles like converted hanger enforces, safety overridden enforcers, 14th battlegoup enforcers with longrange cannons, even electronic warfare or missile focused enforcers!

May as well broaden the kinds you will be using as you never know, you might find a kind that works best for you!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 09:50:36 AM »

I think I will go all CH if possible, and some with different roles like SO and "long" range
electronic warfare is a good idea, I would go the skill also, so more is better(or is there a cap?)
also maybe Coordinated Maneuvers

I know enforcer overloads a lot(if I fly them^^) is there a way to decrease the duration?
there is a skill , dmg controll3 I think

but would e.g. repair unit do something or is it just wasting of OP?

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 03:11:11 PM »

enforcers make me nervous, they always burn drive somewhere they're not supposed to & get fluxed to death in the blink of an eye. :'(
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2020, 05:43:42 PM »

My last playthrough I always kept 3 Enforcers in my fleet to the very end for several reasons:

1) I could get all I wanted from pirate fleets, and they were basically the best destroyer I could get from pirate fleets.
2) With skills for reducing D-mod effect, and reduced maintenance due to D-mods, they were super cheap to keep around and use a lot.  Even with degraded engines they keep up with capitals and cruisers.
3) They have medium guns pointed in lots of directions plus 150 omni shields, which with front conversion, goes to 300 degrees.  This gives them a huge area of control versus frigates.
4) 420 seconds peak performance.  This is the most crucial!

So I'd use them (under AI control) in every battle just to occupy stuff until I could deal with it.  They cost nothing to acquire, cost very little to operate with 3+ D-mods (even increased maintenance is a net positive if you field them often enough), you get so many that you can pick and choose which D-mods you want, and actually last for a full battle.  Toward the late game the problem I have with frigates and most destroyers is that they run out of operating time in a big battle, while cruisers and capitals take too long to recover to handle multiple fleets, especially with pursuits.  Enforcers don't have either of those problems and it doesn't matter if they die, anyway.  So I can use them repeatedly in battle after battle and choose which other ships to accompany them based on the enemy composition.

The loadout was generally Hardened Subsystems, Efficiency Overhaul, and:

Flak: HMG, 2x Dual Flak, 2x Flak, 4x Swarmer, IPDAI and gyros.
Long Range: Heavy Mauler, 2x HVD, 2x Vulcan, 2x Annihilator, ITU
Discount: Mix of Heavy Mortar, Arbalest, Heavy Autocannon in front.  More of those or Flak/Vulcan (whatever's laying around) on sides.  Single Sabots/Hammers.  And Unstable Injector.

Missiles are not really important on these (particularly the budget) because they are supposed to stick around for the whole battle way after the missiles are gone and there's no budget for them, so they're the first thing to drop.

I don't like flying these things around because they're so slow, although the long range one is OK.  But if I plan to fly one I always give it front shields.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2020, 07:23:26 AM »

I just load them up with flaks and salamanders deploy them whenever I sense incoming fighter spam.  They splash well enough at enough angles that fighters can't easily flank them and the salamanders give them something semi-useful to do against bigger ships.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2020, 03:50:47 PM »

enforcers make me nervous, they always burn drive somewhere they're not supposed to & get fluxed to death in the blink of an eye. :'(

The AI uses the burn drives at dumb times and seemingly never to retreat when it would be lifesaving.

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Re: What's your enforcer build?
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 11:11:40 AM »

It would be nice if there was a 0-OP hullmod that disabled the special system.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2020, 06:04:32 AM »

I know this is thread has not been replied to in a month. But I found it while skulking around the "Who's online" section of the forum since I had nothing in my head to write about and found this discussion!

The last time I used Enforcers was when I started a Luddic Church/Path campaign with a few mods and those little chubby boys were some of the first things I bought and (mid game) also the first I discarded.

Safety Overrides, Reinforced Bulkheads, sabots and triple assault chaingun for both AA and err...aggressive negotiations with the enemy. I actually don't remember if I put hardened subsystems or not. Probably not because I can remember them dying quite a lot, hence the reinforced bulkheads.

The thing was by all intents and purposes a turd with thrusters trying to be a Hammerhead and almost making it until exploding over and over only to be recovered with one extra D-mod and thrown into the enemy the next battle.

P.S: I'm actually going to either buy or recover an enforcer now just to see if I can reproduce the exact build and post it in this thread.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2020, 04:43:14 PM »

For me:

3x Flak
2x Heavy Mortar
4x Annihilator Rockets

Expanded Missile Racks
Safety Overrides
Hardened Subsystems

This is my favorite, and the most consistent build I can find for early and late game play.
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)
Pages: 1 [2]