Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.97a] Star Wars 2020 v1.0.2a  (Read 110165 times)

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.9.3
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2022, 08:07:00 PM »

I always expected a star wars mod for starsector, congrats and never stop support.
This mod must exist.
I wanted a star wars mod too but the existing one long ago was already outdated, so I have to make one myself. Glad there're people who also like star wars.

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2022, 01:17:35 PM »

I wonder, why isn't this mod on the main mod listing thread?
It's been a long time without me knowing it exists and I only discovered it through a video on youtube.

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2022, 07:33:15 PM »

It's been a long time without me knowing it exists and I only discovered it through a video on youtube.
Well, at the beginning the mod is more like an early access version, the ships still use vanilla shield, and many aspects still need refinement or testing. Therefore, I didn't request to move it to the main mod thread. As I don't have the skill on sprite and art creation, the sprite of the ships is different from normal starsector mods so I'm not sure whether I should move the mod to be a mainstream mod on the list.

Now, because of the support from many players and the progress I've made for the mod, I think it's time to move it to the mod list. I've sent a message to a moderator but he seems to miss the message, may try another moderator later.

DeltaJan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2022, 07:08:01 PM »

Well, at the beginning the mod is more like an early access version, the ships still use vanilla shield, and many aspects still need refinement or testing. Therefore, I didn't request to move it to the main mod thread. As I don't have the skill on sprite and art creation, the sprite of the ships is different from normal starsector mods so I'm not sure whether I should move the mod to be a mainstream mod on the list.

Now, because of the support from many players and the progress I've made for the mod, I think it's time to move it to the mod list. I've sent a message to a moderator but he seems to miss the message, may try another moderator later.
Good luck man, as far as youve come with this mod, it deserves more attention.

FunkyCirno69

• Ensign
  • Lookin' real sussy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2022, 12:47:14 PM »

Can't wait to fly X-wings and fight for the New Republic! Amazing job bud!
We like older women

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2022, 07:26:35 PM »

Thanks! The target release date of the first version of the pilotable starfighter expansion is by the end of August.

FunkyCirno69

• Ensign
  • Lookin' real sussy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2022, 02:46:16 PM »

Thanks! The target release date of the first version of the pilotable starfighter expansion is by the end of August.
Can't wait to revive Red Squadron exploits against the Empire!
We like older women

Marxis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2022, 08:41:24 AM »

Hello There, Grand Admiral.
I downloaded the mod but it crashes every time i try to play with it.
It shows me a Fatal Error that it couldn't load graphics of one of the ship.
What do you think ?

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 19, 2022, 06:24:49 PM »

Hello There, Grand Admiral.
I downloaded the mod but it crashes every time i try to play with it.
It shows me a Fatal Error that it couldn't load graphics of one of the ship.
What do you think ?
Can you show me the error log to see which graphics is causing the issue? You may also check the game version to see if it's 0.95.1a or not.

Marxis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2022, 12:41:58 AM »

Can you show me the error log to see which graphics is causing the issue? You may also check the game version to see if it's 0.95.1a or not.
[/quote]
My game was on version 0.95a, not 0.95.1a, that's where the problem was. I updated it, and it works wonders. Thanks again.

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2022, 07:19:52 AM »

I wanted to give my feedback on the experience I had.
First I really loved the spaceship combat!
I found a problem with Eclipse ships, it's possible to buy their weapon from an NPC that you sometimes find in the bar and he offers you to build stolen technologies. In the list appears the weapon of the Eclipse ships and I understand that this shouldn't happen.
Another thing about these weapons, there should be some kind of penalty, maybe the ship can't move for a few seconds, the laser should take a while to load and especially the FLUX used should be very high, this weapon simply has no defects. I would even dare to imagine that all the weapons on the ship should stop firing until the laser firing is complete and make the laser last longer, but cause the same damage in a longer period of time.

The fighters I think need some buffs, compared to most mods I see they are almost always inferior, extremely slow, very low health or no shields and so big that most ships hit them even by accident.
I started using other fighters because they had almost no effect on medium and large combats. While the fighters of other mods made a lot of difference.
For example, I see fighters with 800 hull, have shield and are relatively fast while the ships of this mod have 220 hull, no shield and fly slowly.
I believe the behavior also needs some tweaking, they throw themselves at other ships and die. I keep imagining them making a pass and coming back like ships from the movies.

The "shipyard" space station that uses 1 million to build appears to be weaker than the previous version "Gollan III".
I don't know if you've seen that the Remnants space station generates fleets of ships to protect the system, maybe this behavior should also happen on the last level of the station with Republic or Empire ships (Just an idea). That would justify its price.
I think that's all I wish was better.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 07:26:03 AM by eamax »

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2022, 06:15:19 AM »

I wanted to give my feedback on the experience I had.
First I really loved the spaceship combat!
I found a problem with Eclipse ships, it's possible to buy their weapon from an NPC that you sometimes find in the bar and he offers you to build stolen technologies. In the list appears the weapon of the Eclipse ships and I understand that this shouldn't happen.
Another thing about these weapons, there should be some kind of penalty, maybe the ship can't move for a few seconds, the laser should take a while to load and especially the FLUX used should be very high, this weapon simply has no defects. I would even dare to imagine that all the weapons on the ship should stop firing until the laser firing is complete and make the laser last longer, but cause the same damage in a longer period of time.

The fighters I think need some buffs, compared to most mods I see they are almost always inferior, extremely slow, very low health or no shields and so big that most ships hit them even by accident.
I started using other fighters because they had almost no effect on medium and large combats. While the fighters of other mods made a lot of difference.
For example, I see fighters with 800 hull, have shield and are relatively fast while the ships of this mod have 220 hull, no shield and fly slowly.
I believe the behavior also needs some tweaking, they throw themselves at other ships and die. I keep imagining them making a pass and coming back like ships from the movies.

The "shipyard" space station that uses 1 million to build appears to be weaker than the previous version "Gollan III".
I don't know if you've seen that the Remnants space station generates fleets of ships to protect the system, maybe this behavior should also happen on the last level of the station with Republic or Empire ships (Just an idea). That would justify its price.
I think that's all I wish was better.
Yes, the Eclipse superlaser shouldn't be able to buy by any means, I set it tier to 5, blacklisted it on the prism port, I will keep looking at what is missing. On the other, as the laser is only a weapon instead of a shipsystem, so I'm not sure it's able to stop the ship from moving or other weapons from firing when it's firing. But I can surely increase the flux per second shot, I think it's a reasonable adjustment.

In the beginning, the fighters are way stronger than the current power level, I remember there was some feedback about the fighter being too strong? So I tune it down and made the speed proportional to star wars lore speed, maybe the multiplication factor is too small. I will revisit the stats of the fighters, may be a good idea to set up a poll on Patreon, please take a vote if you have time.

I noticed the shipyard issue too, as the new version of golan station is added later, the original version is weaker than the shipyard. However, I actually planned to separate the shipyard from the space defence station line to be a new industry type which has production and increases ship quality at the cost of weaker fire power and not being able to build a defence space station. What do you think about that?

DeltaJan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.9.4
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2022, 06:37:54 AM »

Glad to see youre finally starting a patreon after all this work. I wrote a whole thing about something from your polls but I dont know if youre cool with me just bringing that here.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:42:15 AM by DeltaJan »

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2022, 08:41:35 AM »

Glad to see youre finally starting a patreon after all this work. I wrote a whole thing about something from your polls but I dont know if youre cool with me just bringing that here.
Sure, bring it anywhere you like, a big reason of me starting a patreon is to gather feedback of players more easily/conveniently with the poll function it offers. Just share your idea where you see suitable. Thank you very much for your donation, it means a lot.

DeltaJan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2022, 09:43:13 PM »

Sure, bring it anywhere you like, a big reason of me starting a patreon is to gather feedback of players more easily/conveniently with the poll function it offers. Just share your idea where you see suitable. Thank you very much for your donation, it means a lot.
Alright, so the fighters from here against vanilla fighters and even a lot of other mods are generally better, but against other fleets from this mod, they just get destroyed. Small fleets from here are already strong against their vanilla counterparts even if you take out the fighters so I think fighters should be buffed a little and have an extra fighter or two in each wing so that carriers are more viable. I say this because even with some fighters having shields, their small numbers get absolutely destroyed by regular ships, especially so in fleets with tractor beams.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27