Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.97a] Star Wars 2020 v1.0.2a  (Read 110605 times)

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.9.1
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2022, 05:52:32 PM »

Hi! First of all love your mod with all my heart. Just made a new account so I can comment that and also a crash I encountered. Whenever I access Ord Mantell's market I crash. I haven't been thorough but I can confidently say that New Republic and First Order space stations don't have this problem, don't know about the others.
Here is the crashlog, hope I did it right.
Thanks for reporting the issue, I have fixed it but the update will be save incompatible, sorry about that. Maybe I could release the update together with the save incompatible new space stations, I will try to get it done asap.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 06:29:56 PM by BeyondTheHorizon »

Topsz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2022, 07:40:30 AM »

Oh don't be sorry about it, save compatible or not you are doing gods work still, I don't mind restarting games. Also release it whenever you feel its ready. I'm glad I was able to help!

THEGO90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2022, 08:10:55 AM »

what happend ? cant load my game :/

[attachment deleted by admin]

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2022, 04:37:40 AM »

what happend ? cant load my game :/
That's strange, I should have never named TIE/se with that id. Do you remember which ship of yours is using First Order TIE/se bomber? And is the bomber came with the ship or you bought it yourself?

THEGO90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2022, 06:00:23 AM »

no...havent play like 3 weeks...just download the update...and this came^^

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2022, 08:09:51 AM »

no...havent play like 3 weeks...just download the update...and this came^^
Well, I haven't encountered the issue using TIE/se bomber so far, I suggest you wait till the next update and start a new game. The next update will be released within 1 to 2 days.

THEGO90

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2022, 09:11:36 AM »

well...oki doki^^

MagnaSonic3000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.9.2
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2022, 10:15:52 PM »

Hello, I made this account just to complain about people complaining. From what I played of the mod, I think the complaints about the mod being too OP are from the people still trying to play a normal game of Starsector that just so happens to have some Star Destroyers floating around. While I can agree I can shred several capital ships in a single Secutor outranging all of them, as well as unleashing several angry screeching wasps all over them, I think the balance was just right when two Star Wars factions decided to throw down. Yes it isn't a total conversion, but you can also disable the vanilla factions if you're so mad about the vanilla ships being manhandled by what I call flying pizza slices. Honestly, I think certain aspects of the mod are still underpowered, but only a few things.

I do have suggestions I've thought about playing it. One is about the Empire's main strength: TIE spamming. TIEs were known to be complete garbage, but they came in huge numbers. From the version I got a while ago, I feel like the Empire does show great strides in strike craft superiority, they're a bit too uniform. Most classes of TIE only have 3 fighters (except TIE Droids for some reason). In my opinion, I think more trash TIEs should have their numbers reflect their model. TIE Fighters I think should have wings of at least 5 instead of 3, while stronger variants might keep the usual 3 craft per wing. Interceptors are simply faster TIEs, and Bombers are just the ones canonically equipped with bomb pods. Of course, it's up to you to decide if they should be designed the same. For me, I think TIEs that lack shields should have greater numbers, while TIEs that are actually dangerous (like the Defender), should have less fighters, especially if they're a rare model, like the TIE Phantom.

On top of this, I think some other factions should reflect their starfighters as well. Rebels I think should have fewer fighters overall, but have them better than most weaker TIEs. This reflects their nature as being poorly supported, but ensuring their pilots are better fighters than a bog standard flying orb. Y-Wings were always known to be much more armored and better shielded than the X-Wing for instance. A-Wings are the weakest overall, but are blisteringly fast. The best Rebel ships are some of the later designs, like the B-Wings, but the X-Wing is still a good ship despite being the primary, and one of the earliest strikecraft of the Alliance. The only thing that'd probably be worse than an X-Wing is the Z-95 Headhunter.

As for firepower, every faction has their strengths, and I think some ships were always meant to be really beefy. ISD-1s were always scary, but the octuple turbolasers of an ISD-2 was the full might of a Star Destroyer. Only the biggest and meanest ships could hope to survive it. MC80's on the other hand went in the other direction, and had amazing shields. I think Mon Calamari ships in general should be hard to crack, even with greater firepower. They should make you sweat a little if you're being swarmed by them, and an ISD-2 would be essential (or some degree of it) to taking them out. Some of the CIS ships should also be like the Empire in fighters, but maybe more so. The Providence and especially a Lucrehulk are massive carriers, with the giant slightly eaten doughnut having a mass of fighters it could deploy at any point. I think it should have as many fighters as a Secutor, as they're both essentially super carriers. I don't know if Starsector has a limit on hanger bays, but those two I think should have the absolute max.

There are other things I've thought about, but those are the biggest things I think would improve faction uniqueness.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 10:21:17 PM by MagnaSonic3000 »

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2022, 02:19:15 AM »

I do have suggestions I've thought about playing it. One is about the Empire's main strength: TIE spamming. TIEs were known to be complete garbage, but they came in huge numbers. From the version I got a while ago, I feel like the Empire does show great strides in strike craft superiority, they're a bit too uniform. Most classes of TIE only have 3 fighters (except TIE Droids for some reason). In my opinion, I think more trash TIEs should have their numbers reflect their model. TIE Fighters I think should have wings of at least 5 instead of 3, while stronger variants might keep the usual 3 craft per wing. Interceptors are simply faster TIEs, and Bombers are just the ones canonically equipped with bomb pods. Of course, it's up to you to decide if they should be designed the same. For me, I think TIEs that lack shields should have greater numbers, while TIEs that are actually dangerous (like the Defender), should have less fighters, especially if they're a rare model, like the TIE Phantom.

On top of this, I think some other factions should reflect their starfighters as well. Rebels I think should have fewer fighters overall, but have them better than most weaker TIEs. This reflects their nature as being poorly supported, but ensuring their pilots are better fighters than a bog standard flying orb. Y-Wings were always known to be much more armored and better shielded than the X-Wing for instance. A-Wings are the weakest overall, but are blisteringly fast. The best Rebel ships are some of the later designs, like the B-Wings, but the X-Wing is still a good ship despite being the primary, and one of the earliest strikecraft of the Alliance. The only thing that'd probably be worse than an X-Wing is the Z-95 Headhunter.

As for firepower, every faction has their strengths, and I think some ships were always meant to be really beefy. ISD-1s were always scary, but the octuple turbolasers of an ISD-2 was the full might of a Star Destroyer. Only the biggest and meanest ships could hope to survive it. MC80's on the other hand went in the other direction, and had amazing shields. I think Mon Calamari ships in general should be hard to crack, even with greater firepower. They should make you sweat a little if you're being swarmed by them, and an ISD-2 would be essential (or some degree of it) to taking them out. Some of the CIS ships should also be like the Empire in fighters, but maybe more so. The Providence and especially a Lucrehulk are massive carriers, with the giant slightly eaten doughnut having a mass of fighters it could deploy at any point. I think it should have as many fighters as a Secutor, as they're both essentially super carriers. I don't know if Starsector has a limit on hanger bays, but those two I think should have the absolute max.
I decreased the respawn time of the shieldless TIE to 5s instead of 7s for x-wing, if you want to further emphasize the uniqueness, I will consider adjusting the number of fighters per wing.

I did try to the maintain faction uniqueness in the early days, but it's getting a bit difficult and required more work to do when the number of factions increased, I will find some time to revisit the stats.

Topsz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2022, 12:18:34 PM »

Oh also! I know you are done with the Mandalorian faction, but is there a chance for the Kyr'galaar / Bes'uliik starfighter to be added for them?

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2022, 05:58:13 PM »

Oh also! I know you are done with the Mandalorian faction, but is there a chance for the Kyr'galaar / Bes'uliik starfighter to be added for them?
Sure, no faction is truly done with, I'll try to look for the sprites.

Topsz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2022, 09:28:41 AM »

I stumbled upon it in Rise of the Mandalorians, but there are some good artworks on it online aswell. Sorry i can't quote replies I'm still learning this platform. Thank you for the reply!

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.9.3
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2022, 10:07:13 AM »

Loving the evolution of this mod, thanks for your hard work.

I hope the negative spoiled attitude of some people doesn´t put you off.

Not sure why it´s not in the main mods thread by now, better than a lot of stuff in the main Mod thread imho.

Thanks again

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2022, 07:30:52 AM »

Loving the evolution of this mod, thanks for your hard work.

I hope the negative spoiled attitude of some people doesn´t put you off.

Not sure why it´s not in the main mods thread by now, better than a lot of stuff in the main Mod thread imho.

Thanks again
Thanks for your support! Most people are very supportive here. Maybe it's time to move to the main mod thread, let me contact the moderator.

eamax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2022, 01:55:36 PM »

I always expected a star wars mod for starsector, congrats and never stop support.
This mod must exist.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27