Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.97a] Star Wars 2020 v1.0.2a  (Read 110649 times)

radekplug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Star Wars 2020 v0.7.3
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2021, 01:35:03 PM »

I mean not form star wars bout empire at war of forces of coruption. one of your ship have star sector kinetic slots cis frigate.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2021, 05:54:08 PM »

hey just so you know the creator of Kingdom of Terra has a working tractor beam weapon if youre looking for help on that front.

cant hurt to ask!

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2021, 10:09:42 PM »

I mean not form star wars bout empire at war of forces of coruption. one of your ship have star sector kinetic slots cis frigate.
Yes, CIS Munificent uses Flak Guns which is rare in Star Wars Universe. And Zann Consortium also use some kinds of kinetic weapons like mass-driver cannons and mass driver missiles, I will add them when introducing Zann Consortium into the mod. However, I don't think Liberator class cruiser or Assault Frigate MKII have missile or kinetic weapons.

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2021, 10:12:04 PM »

hey just so you know the creator of Kingdom of Terra has a working tractor beam weapon if youre looking for help on that front.

cant hurt to ask!
Really? That's cool. I want to make Tractor Beam as shipsystem, don't know whether Kingdom of Terra tractor beam is weapon or not, but maybe I can make a tractor beam weapon for Starhawk.

Viktor Soprano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Star Wars 2020 v0.7.4
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2021, 09:14:11 AM »

Hello!

First of all, thank you for making this mod. It's become a staple for many games at this point. In the latest one I've conquered the CIS, Republic and Rebel Alliance systems, and I'm currently waiting for the opportune moment to betray the Empire and invade them too (I'm using Nexerelin).

Also wanted to notify you of the fact that the CIS Providence Dreadnought currently has 0 OP, so you can't customize the base weapons it comes with (I constructed mine, I assume if you manage to salvage one it will be even worse of an issue).

Great job so far, I love Star Wars, and I love playing as an Empire detachment aiming to become the True Empire. :D

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2021, 05:28:12 PM »

Also wanted to notify you of the fact that the CIS Providence Dreadnought currently has 0 OP, so you can't customize the base weapons it comes with (I constructed mine, I assume if you manage to salvage one it will be even worse of an issue).
Ops, my bad, seem to forget to calculate op after ship creation. Will be fixed in next patch releases on early July.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2021, 09:03:33 AM »

hey would you mind if i edit the ship stats a bit to make this more friendly with the archean order mod?

really enjoy this mod but the stats fall short the bigger the ships get (because of the changes archean order makes)

nevermind i didnt realize how monumental of an undertaking that would be for me
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 03:03:36 PM by 6chad.noirlee9 »
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2021, 06:12:55 PM »

hey would you mind if i edit the ship stats a bit to make this more friendly with the archean order mod?

really enjoy this mod but the stats fall short the bigger the ships get (because of the changes archean order makes)

Ha, I don't mind actually. You can try modifying the stats yourself first and see if it works out. If you have any suggestions later, please let me know. Not very good at handling stats so any suggestions are welcome!

Isometric

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2021, 06:33:19 PM »

Will July update be savegame compatible?

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2021, 07:27:35 AM »

Ha, I don't mind actually. You can try modifying the stats yourself first and see if it works out. If you have any suggestions later, please let me know. Not very good at handling stats so any suggestions are welcome!

the main issue is the time it would take me to modify the stats of each ship, and adding the hull mods unique to archean order
i just dont have time for that right now

in terms of weapon mounts etc it already matches fairly nice:  the theme of archean order is to provide more space between ship classes

every class has more guns, with capitals having way more guns than what they would have

starfighters are smaller and more numerous

oddly enough,  the creator of archean order said it was star wars movies that inspired the TC
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2021, 02:55:56 AM »

Will July update be savegame compatible?
It is save compatible.

Isometric

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Star Wars 2020 v0.7.5
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2021, 01:47:57 AM »

I would like to thank the author of this fantastic mod, it's the reason i started playing Starsector. I've been waiting for years for the 1.0 release but could not resist anymore with the mighty Empire available through this mod  :D.

So i played a few hours of vanilla first to get a feel of what is good, bad or average in terms of ships/weapons. And watched some youtube videos to learn some things. Today i started again with SW enabled and i noticed that empire ships and weapons are kinda easy mode when compared to vanilla factions? I'm still very much a noob so please correct me if i'm wrong. For example ships with great stats all around, long range (800-1000 range) weapons are common with no serious drawbacks, etc.

Again i only have a few playing hours with SS and only commanded a small Hegemony fleet in my vanilla run but is this intended? Perhaps with Nexerelin and more factions it balances out?

Thank you again for this great mod i hope you continue supporting it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 04:43:50 AM by Isometric »

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Star Wars 2020 v0.7.5
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2021, 12:09:27 AM »

So i played a few hours of vanilla first to get a feel of what is good, bad or average in terms of ships/weapons. And watched some youtube videos to learn some things. Today i started again with SW enabled and i noticed that empire ships and weapons are kinda easy mode when compared to vanilla factions? I'm still very much a noob so please correct me if i'm wrong. For example ships with great stats all around, long range (800-1000 range) weapons are common with no serious drawbacks, etc.

Again i only have a few playing hours with SS and only commanded a small Hegemony fleet in my vanilla run but is this intended? Perhaps with Nexerelin and more factions it balances out?
Good to hear that you like it and thanks for playing! For balancing issues, I'm still working on it continuously, I think the weapon range is in a rather suitable status? There are longer range weapons in vanilla Starsector and it performs well on big ships too, if you place your weapons closely to Star Wars cannon, you will find that long range weapons are close to ship centre and shorter range weapons are close to the edge to get a reasonable overall weapon range. The weapon flux still "exists" when I'm using larger ship like ISD II even I want the flux capacity more focus for shield usage as power for weapons and shield are separated in SW lore. BTW deflector shield of the ships only blocks 75% of EMP damage only so EMP weapons are effective against SW ships. I did make deflector shield hullmod too strong that I don't know why I did it either and I nerfed it in 0.7.6 already.

Recently, I noticed GimpyKnee is streaming my mod on Twitch and I watched some playbacks. I saw Star Wars ships like ISD II are still have trouble dealing with ships like Onslaught and I saw some comments taking about larger ships in the mod have lower health and higher prices than smaller vanilla ships so I tweaked ISD II with similar stats to Onslaught in 0.7.6 and see how things play out. I recommend you to watch GimpyKnee's playbacks on Youtube to have a look on how the mod ships perform against other ships, I think they still performs weaker especially when facing against SW mod ships plus vanilla ships joint force as I saw New Republic and Hegemony gave Empire a hard time in the playback.

radekplug

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Star Wars 2020 v0.7.6
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2021, 05:01:25 PM »

Gimpy play with vanila i played with other moded factions for exmple thalan, scy, diable, shadowyards, kadur, higtech expansion, underworld expanded, outer rim aliance and other mods some moded ships can outgun and outrange imperial ships. one time my majestic was overload when i got 10 reapers to the face and some and ora guns can overload easliy samaler ships.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 10:22:13 AM by radekplug »

Isometric

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Star Wars 2020 v0.7.6
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2021, 06:00:36 AM »

That Tibanna Gas Coolant though...I almost feel bad using it  :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27