Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.4.1  (Read 6515 times)

BeyondTheHorizon

• Ensign
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.4.1
« on: September 05, 2020, 12:02:37 AM »

Star Wars 2020
Require LazyLib

Hello there,

By the inspiration of the Star Wars mods created by LazyWizard and ShadowFox, FDS mod by Johnny Cocas. Here comes the Star Wars mod in the year of 2020.

The mod is currently on test stage, feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Features:

• 2 factions: Galactic Empire and New Republic.
  • 2 new systems: Coruscant Prime and Chandrila Prime.
  • 42 ships and 28 fighters.
  • Unique shield system.
  • New Hullmods and planet type.
  • Star Wars Portraits.
  • Compatible with Nexerelin.

Imperial voiced notifications from Star Wars: EAW when shields is overloaded and engines flameout.
Spoiler
Download
Currently unable to limit it to imperial ships only. Will continue to find a solution.
[close]

Future Plans:

• Weapons balance
  • More Star Wars factions
  • Ships size and weapon adjustment
  • (Maybe, not sure if it's good idea)Add iconic dreadnought eg. Executor and scale up Assertor, Bellator and Allegiance.

Changelog:
Spoiler
Patch update v0.4.1:
Resize Altor Class Replenishment ship to more accurate cannon scale
Slightly reduce the damage output of starfighter laser cannons
Fix AA9, Action VI and BFF-1 bulk freighter not used by any faction and not appear on markets.
Remove Battle of Endor Combat music (Remove the # at the beginning of data/config/sounds.json if you want to revert the change.)

Version update v0.4.0:
Add Alpha-class Xg-1 Star Wing
Add ion torpedo for bomber
Add resupply fighter ability to U-wing and Tie Reaper
Add Advanced targeting computer hullmod
Add more Star Wars portraits
Add fighter wing OP costs
Various fixes and stats adjustments

Patch update v0.3.1:
Fix the new shield for flux stacks up faster than normal shield does.
Increase the fire rate of ion cannons.

Version update v0.3.0:
New Shield System.
Rework the Deflector Shield hullmod.
Improve the survivability of starfighters and slightly buffing PD laser.
Increase weapons range.
Change ion cannons damage type to kinetic.
Resize the ships with wrong scale.
Decrease ship's turn rate and turn acceleration.
New sprite for Quasar Fire Class Carrier.

Patch update v0.2.2:
Fix Starhawk weapons slot bug.
Patch update v0.2.1:
Fix Viscount weapons slot bug.

Version update v0.2.0:
Add OP costs for weapons and adjust the ships ordnance points.
Reduce the weapon amount of multiple ships.
Increase weapons flux cost, reduce ships flux capacities.
Reduce hitpoints of ships.
Reduce built-in hullmods of ships.

Patch update v0.1.1:
Fix spelling mistake of Coruscant.
Fix casing issues for Linux system.

Beta Release v0.1.0
[close]

Images and Videos:

Credit:

Ship sprite artworks: Fractalsponge (Ansel Hsiao) and Star Wars Interregnum team, especially dolynick.

LazyWizard for making LazyLib.

Inspiration from the Star Wars mod created by LazyWizard and ShadowFox.

Special thanks to Alex and the dev team of Starsector, Starsector community and all Star Wars fans.

Voice line sfx from Star Wars Empire at War are property of Petroglyph Games and LucasArts.

All models, music and sound are property of and all rights reserved by STAR WARS © & ™ LUCASFILM LTD.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:54:37 PM by BeyondTheHorizon »

Phearlock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Wars 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 01:49:36 AM »

Just looking over the ships, few things of note:

-Hidden mounts cannot be disabled and are generally only used on fighters and in extremely rare cases on some ships, Most of your ships need to be redone with more conventional visible weapon mounts.

-OP budget for ships is all wrong. The guideline in DR's old modding guidelines post is a good starting point http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9052.0

-several frigates are statted as destroyer size hulls. Stat lines in general are all over the place.

-Starsector is typically not to-scale. Most of your tiny hulls should be scaled up to the point where they can accept regular mounting options. (the YT1300 in your mod is the most egregious example. this is way too small.)

-Weapons should be balanced to vanilla statlines, because, well, you should consider we can just take some of these weapons and put them on vanilla hulls to make incredibly broken builds.
Fix:
Flux costs+Flux efficiency
OP costs. (I see this is next on your list of things to add, but I'll note it anyway)
No excessive weapon ranges for mount size without significant drawbacks
Missiles typically have limited ammo
Wing size of fighters shouldn't be too high if the fighter is very powerful. Amount of power-per-bay matters.

-Too many guns in general. Unless you're making a total conversion you should convert ships weapon loadouts to reflect their IP counterpart, but not copy it directly, in order to work inside starsectors ship design space. This is easier when you don't use hidden mounts, as you need to have room for your weapons and have the ship not look bad at the same time. Use vanilla weapon sizes for reference.

-Excessive amounts of built-in hullmods. It clutters the list and removes most of the thought process from ship loadouts if you're already given almost all the options you could think of having. 1-2 is normal for a faction ship, 3-4 built-in hullmods is rare.

-Fighter chassis storage hullmod is reserved for stations.

Overall: This mod needs a lot, lot, lot more work
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 01:53:20 AM by Phearlock »

BeyondTheHorizon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Wars 2020
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 06:17:10 PM »

canned Tomatoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.2.1
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 07:08:49 AM »

I tried your mod, and it's loud.

The weapon noise, with the many weapons and relatively high firerate drwons out everything.
After taking out the music and lowering the volume of the weapons, it was fun to stomp around for a bit, although the fighters were still making noises.

While I appreciate you wanting to recreate star wars, it doesn't really fit the way you are trying to implement it.
If you want some big ships to compare with as a benchmark, I would take Neutrinos Unsung for super battleshis, and the Matriarch carrier from Interstellar Imperium for a good upper limit when it comes to size.

Also, at least the bellator is a bit of a stick ship, with shields that are very far away from the hull at some points.
I would recommend seriously limiting the shield arc and turning it into frontal shields.

BeyondTheHorizon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 08:28:28 AM »

I tried your mod, and it's loud.

The weapon noise, with the many weapons and relatively high firerate drwons out everything.
After taking out the music and lowering the volume of the weapons, it was fun to stomp around for a bit, although the fighters were still making noises.

While I appreciate you wanting to recreate star wars, it doesn't really fit the way you are trying to implement it.
If you want some big ships to compare with as a benchmark, I would take Neutrinos Unsung for super battleshis, and the Matriarch carrier from Interstellar Imperium for a good upper limit when it comes to size.

Also, at least the bellator is a bit of a stick ship, with shields that are very far away from the hull at some points.
I would recommend seriously limiting the shield arc and turning it into frontal shields.

Thanks for the feedback, may I know which version that you've tried?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »

Did not load yet, question: Are those gigantic ships modular? If not, they should. Also, each module can have it's own small (or big) frontal shield emitter. And assuming they are fixed, shield center could be far away from real sprite center, making illusion of more flatter arcs, leaving less space between shields and hull.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Aldazar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 03:35:57 PM »

Going to try this out since it has nebula class such a underrated ship in EU.

Edit: I'm getting a crash going into the sim and this is what I get scrolling down simulator battle menu.

268171 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS0034] not found on hull [sw_starhawk]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS0034] not found on hull [sw_starhawk]
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.renderWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.B.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
268207 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
268207 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:40:10 PM by Aldazar »

BeyondTheHorizon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 06:34:06 PM »

Edit: I'm getting a crash going into the sim and this is what I get scrolling down simulator battle menu.
Oh, another weapon slot bug after reducing the weapon amount, sorry about that. Strange, just used battle sim yesterday and didn't report error :-\. Just fix it in v0.2.2.

Aldazar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Star Wars 2020 v0.2.2
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 06:39:38 PM »

Probably maybe of another mod but thought it was weird it was being consistent scrolling down and crashing.

BeyondTheHorizon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 06:52:24 PM »

Did not load yet, question: Are those gigantic ships modular? If not, they should. Also, each module can have it's own small (or big) frontal shield emitter. And assuming they are fixed, shield center could be far away from real sprite center, making illusion of more flatter arcs, leaving less space between shields and hull.
Wow, I have no experience on designing modular ships. Each module of the ship has its own sprite, I need to think how to break down the star wars ship into pieces, and see how it works, I need some time to do that.

Draco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 12:50:27 AM »

There are scale problems with some ships, mainly with the nebulon-b said ship is a capital and looks as big as a cr90

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 02:00:21 AM »

No offence to the mod, for being true to the franchise, but I loathe star wars weapons. If I knew how, I would remove them and just use the ships.

BeyondTheHorizon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »

There are scale problems with some ships, mainly with the nebulon-b said ship is a capital and looks as big as a cr90
Oh, right, my mistake. Will scale it up in the next update and hopefully together with new shielding system.

mrpras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »

Issues aside, thank you for making this mod. I'll follow eagerly and if I get time maybe I can help with sounds etc. Just wanted to share a positive feedback, whatever is right or wrong - someone is doing this and I'm very glad. Thank you

BeyondTheHorizon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 08:19:39 AM »

Issues aside, thank you for making this mod. I'll follow eagerly and if I get time maybe I can help with sounds etc. Just wanted to share a positive feedback, whatever is right or wrong - someone is doing this and I'm very glad. Thank you
Thank you so much, it means a lot really. It will be very helpful if you can help with my mod. I'm just an ordinary gamer somehow know a few things on coding so any kinds of help or suggestions are heartily welcomed.
Pages: [1] 2