Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: campaign.xml.inprogress when save folder is located in OneDrive directory  (Read 729 times)

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Definitely a unique use case here, but figured I'd report it in case something can be done about it. Awhile ago I chose to move the save folder for Starsector to my OneDrive directory (pointed it there through vmparams) so that I could sync my save games across multiple computers (great for travelling!... tho not doing much of that rn). This mostly works like a charm, except the game often doesn't remove the .inprogress tag from the campaign.xml file after a save is complete, and when I go to reload the save it throws an error message. This is a fairly simple fix, as all I have to do is remove .inprogress from the save file name and the save works perfectly fine. However it gets pretty frustrating ult tabbing to do this after every few saves.

While this likely has something to do with how OneDrive handles file syncing, it would be great if there was something that can be done on the game side to eliminate this issue.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:54:05 PM by elite24 »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, yeah, that doesn't sound like anything I can fix - my guess is that the game is just unable to delete the file for... either some permissions-related reason, or some other reason related to how onedrive works. Basically, it tries to delete the file, and if that fails, well!

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yep figured something along those lines was going on. Out of curiosity, what is the process the game goes through for creating a save file?  Is their any log or piece of code I could check out that would record the error?