Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.95a] The Exalted (V1.3.2) Tankers by the Numbers, Troubles by the Score.  (Read 85634 times)

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile

new update, just full of fixes but have some updated nex stuff and ody EX balancing

change log:
Spoiler
V:1.3.2: save safe (i think)
general changes:
fixed osiris star system placement
removed ground support package from phylactery MK.III
replaced the spectral cloak on the witch and geist with regular phase cloak
fixed the elemental weapons sound issue (wont be so loud and wont come through both ears when weapon is to the side)
updated faction ship starts with nex installed (with a new super ship start)

odyssey (EX):
added as a super ship start with nex installed
increased ordnance points from 280 to 310
increased shield efficiency from 0.9 to 0.7
increased peak CR from 600 to 700
increased supplies a month/deployment points from 45 to 55
    (prototype EMP emitter):
    increased arc damage from 200 to 300
    increased arc EMP damage from 1000 to 1300
    increased range from 800 to 900

wraith:
decreased supplies a month/deployment points from 30 to 25
[close]

I like the changes, especially the super ship start. My issue with the Ex Odd is that without the plasma burn it really loses that maneuverability that allowed it to brawl.

Numenar

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Game loading bug:

ship_systems.csv is missing line:

M21 Blaster Drones,anvil_m21drone,,,,,,,,35,,0,,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,graphics/icons/hullsys/drone_pd_high.png

I added it to 1.32 and now my main menu/game loads fine

Can someone verify ?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
    • Email

Game loading bug:

ship_systems.csv is missing line:

M21 Blaster Drones,anvil_m21drone,,,,,,,,35,,0,,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,graphics/icons/hullsys/drone_pd_high.png

I added it to 1.32 and now my main menu/game loads fine

Can someone verify ?
Did you delete the old version before adding this one?

Others have had the "problem" and it was because they overwrote the old one instead of deleting it

Numenar

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Others have had the "problem" and it was because they overwrote the old one instead of deleting it

Just tried, you are correct, it works as well. I only saw that save safe tag in changelog. Maybe add that red line: Don't be remnant AI, DELETE old folder NOT overwrite.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email

Just tried, you are correct, it works as well. I only saw that save safe tag in changelog. Maybe add that red line: Don't be remnant AI, DELETE old folder NOT overwrite.

ah yeah my bad, im so used to everyone knowing to do that with all mods that i forget newer folk dont know to do it. added a warning above the download

Jackindabox

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey! Having a great time with the mod so far. One thing I noticed is that There are no phylactery Mk.I's in the mausosleum system. There are 15 Mk.III's, and 6 MkII's across the markets on Tomb. Is this intentional? I didn't see anyone else asking this question so perhaps it's just something on my end. Thanks for your response and this awesome mod!

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email

Hey! Having a great time with the mod so far. One thing I noticed is that There are no phylactery Mk.I's in the mausosleum system. There are 15 Mk.III's, and 6 MkII's across the markets on Tomb. Is this intentional? I didn't see anyone else asking this question so perhaps it's just something on my end. Thanks for your response and this awesome mod!

Thsts a known problem with the exalted thati cant for the life of me figure put, they just want to spam tankers in general and refuse to spawn freighters, im most likely gonna remove all of the phylacterys and add 1 that's just an all purpose cargo/tanker/transport ship. Hopefully that'll help but who knows.

And glad to hear you like it!

Arcarian Kano

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thsts a known problem with the exalted thati cant for the life of me figure put, they just want to spam tankers in general and refuse to spawn freighters, im most likely gonna remove all of the phylacterys and add 1 that's just an all purpose cargo/tanker/transport ship. Hopefully that'll help but who knows.

And glad to hear you like it!

I'd definitely put my vote in for a combined vessel, even if it meant making it a bit more expensive to compensate. It'd definitely help with fleet bloat when trying to do trading runs, heh.

Lprsti99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email

Seconded, and I'll add that I'd love some phased logistics ships, seems like a reasonable fit, if expensive.

geminitiger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] The Exalted (V1.3.2) Tankers by the Numbers, Troubles by the Score.
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2021, 11:08:25 PM »

I'm afraid the Exhalted got bullied out of existence early in my first use of the mod, but they still are listed in the faction list even though they have had no markets for 10 cycles.
AFAIK, usually they get removed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]