Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Exalted (V1.4) DO YOU FEEL BUFF? BECAUSE I DO!  (Read 198529 times)

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Starting up a new game with Exalt, Roider, and Tahlan shipyards.

When Underworld updates I really want to run a game with Exalt, Cabal, and Tritach.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile

Hello, i was wondering how does one get acess to faction ships early in the game without nexaralin. Do you have to get comminsioned by the faction in order to gain acess to their ships. Sorry for dumb question, i guess its in general for other faction mods too. So I am starting a fresh 0.95a run,was just wandering how do procure custom factions ships in vanillaish setting.
Early on Tombs blackjmarket always has nice exalted ships for sale, otherwise yeah just gotta complete missions for em, trade alot, give em ai cores and commission with them

Arcarian Kano

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello, i was wondering how does one get acess to faction ships early in the game without nexaralin. Do you have to get comminsioned by the faction in order to gain acess to their ships. Sorry for dumb question, i guess its in general for other faction mods too. So I am starting a fresh 0.95a run,was just wandering how do procure custom factions ships in vanillaish setting.
Early on Tombs blackjmarket always has nice exalted ships for sale, otherwise yeah just gotta complete missions for em, trade alot, give em ai cores and commission with them

I also had luck with the black market's in the Mausoleum sector. I assume that the hotfix also means that the ship pool should be more balanced. Because I was having to use blackmarkets exclusively to get the other variants of the Phylactery. Particularly the I and II ones.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile

I also had luck with the black market's in the Mausoleum sector. I assume that the hotfix also means that the ship pool should be more balanced. Because I was having to use blackmarkets exclusively to get the other variants of the Phylactery. Particularly the I and II ones.
Yes the mausoleum black market thats what i said, tomb is in the mausoleum star system, also yeah ove always been having difficulties with freighter spawning, the faction as a whole spams tankers in the open market so much that the only place to get the cargo and crew phylacterys is the military and black market idk what the issue is

Arcarian Kano

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yes the mausoleum black market thats what i said, tomb is in the mausoleum star system, also yeah ove always been having difficulties with freighter spawning, the faction as a whole spams tankers in the open market so much that the only place to get the cargo and crew phylacterys is the military and black market idk what the issue is

Ah, I misread that. I thought you had meant the Catacombs one. That blackmarket and normal market both seem to be more balanced ship wise. Though the blackmarket definitely has the higher tier vessels.

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Are the Phalactry Tanker MKIII's supposed to have ground support package? It seems to make the Troop Carriers nearly redundant, looked like an oversight.

Also I am absolutely digging the faction, and everything.

GerdyBird43

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The factions lore and beliefs are badass!

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile

Are the Phalactry Tanker MKIII's supposed to have ground support package? It seems to make the Troop Carriers nearly redundant, looked like an oversight.

Also I am absolutely digging the faction, and everything.

The factions lore and beliefs are badass!

ah yeah thats an oversight as i copied the MK.IIs ship file, that darned tanker keeps being the source of countless problems  :'(

also thanks! im glad this mods getting more folks playing and enjoying it recently (helps that it was one of the first updated for 0.95a lol)

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I am at 100% rep with The Exalted.

In my current playthrough I have only seen some of the higher end Exalted weapons populate once in their markets. I have been waiting a few months and still not seeing any of the high rep weapons for sale.

Edit: I bought out all the inventories and it seemed to help refresh it, maybe. I was looking for the Siege Cannon, which is hilarious. As far as balance is concerned it is OK vs shields, Good against Armor, and Fantastic against Hull, Flux efficient, and is neither too fast or slow.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:01:00 AM by RemnantAI »

Hanz_Gruber

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just a heads up, the Aire Burst Laser, the Fuego Cannon, the Tierra Burst Cannon, and the Agua Blaster are a lot louder than other weapon systems to the point where it drowns out sounds.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 08:03:19 PM by Hanz_Gruber »

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile

I am at 100% rep with The Exalted.

In my current playthrough I have only seen some of the higher end Exalted weapons populate once in their markets. I have been waiting a few months and still not seeing any of the high rep weapons for sale.

Edit: I bought out all the inventories and it seemed to help refresh it, maybe. I was looking for the Siege Cannon, which is hilarious. As far as balance is concerned it is OK vs shields, Good against Armor, and Fantastic against Hull, Flux efficient, and is neither too fast or slow.

yeah the mordare is a high rarity weapon like the tach lance, the main factor in higher grade exalted weapons is the fact that they only have 1 military market to spawn in so pickings are thin compared to vanilla weapons aswell ( i might look into doing something about that, maybe exalted weapons can be rarely found in independent markets or somethin idk)

Just a heads up, the Aire Burst Laser, the Fuego Cannon, and the Agua Blaster are a lot louder than other weapon systems to the point where it drowns out sounds.

my bad! ill tune it down a bit next update

Lprsti99

• Ensign
    • View Profile

E: Also could just say "suffers from rapid CR degradation", or at least take out the its  ;D

EE: Aaaaaalso, according to the tech skill that improves phase ships, neither the geist nor the witch count as combat phase ships (says efficiency at x supply of combat phase, currently 0 with both in fleet).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:34:09 PM by Lprsti99 »

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile

E: Also could just say "suffers from rapid CR degradation", or at least take out the its  ;D

EE: Aaaaaalso, according to the tech skill that improves phase ships, neither the geist nor the witch count as combat phase ships (says efficiency at x supply of combat phase, currently 0 with both in fleet).

thanks for the typo callouts  ;D

also i the prob there is i (like an idiot) want my spin on the phase cloak and made my own that doesnt count, that was in the early stages of exalted and ill replace em with the reg phase cloak.

the fix update is just around the corner here, been really busy.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile

new update, just full of fixes but have some updated nex stuff and ody EX balancing

change log:
Spoiler
V:1.3.2: save safe (i think)
general changes:
fixed osiris star system placement
removed ground support package from phylactery MK.III
replaced the spectral cloak on the witch and geist with regular phase cloak
fixed the elemental weapons sound issue (wont be so loud and wont come through both ears when weapon is to the side)
updated faction ship starts with nex installed (with a new super ship start)

odyssey (EX):
added as a super ship start with nex installed
increased ordnance points from 280 to 310
increased shield efficiency from 0.9 to 0.7
increased peak CR from 600 to 700
increased supplies a month/deployment points from 45 to 55
    (prototype EMP emitter):
    increased arc damage from 200 to 300
    increased arc EMP damage from 1000 to 1300
    increased range from 800 to 900

wraith:
decreased supplies a month/deployment points from 30 to 25
[close]

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile

new update, just full of fixes but have some updated nex stuff and ody EX balancing

change log:
Spoiler
V:1.3.2: save safe (i think)
general changes:
fixed osiris star system placement
removed ground support package from phylactery MK.III
replaced the spectral cloak on the witch and geist with regular phase cloak
fixed the elemental weapons sound issue (wont be so loud and wont come through both ears when weapon is to the side)
updated faction ship starts with nex installed (with a new super ship start)

odyssey (EX):
added as a super ship start with nex installed
increased ordnance points from 280 to 310
increased shield efficiency from 0.9 to 0.7
increased peak CR from 600 to 700
increased supplies a month/deployment points from 45 to 55
    (prototype EMP emitter):
    increased arc damage from 200 to 300
    increased arc EMP damage from 1000 to 1300
    increased range from 800 to 900

wraith:
decreased supplies a month/deployment points from 30 to 25
[close]

I like the changes, especially the super ship start. My issue with the Ex Odd is that without the plasma burn it really loses that maneuverability that allowed it to brawl.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5