Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 25% minimum is not low enough  (Read 756 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
25% minimum is not low enough
« on: August 24, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »

25% success chance at Stability 10 is not low enough, we need more ways of reducing pather success chance (which doesn't involve base hunting) when the pather bug gets fixed.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 25% minimum is not low enough
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:01:22 AM »

I think it was made intentionally, so the player now have to choose either he wish to fight LP constantly or stay low on pather's interest. If threat can be avoided (as currently) choice is too obvious.

Also, who know, maybe there would be a possibility to eliminate them entirely? We don't have full changelog yet, right?
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 11:32:00 AM »

Zombie Pathers, not Hegemony inspections, are the reason for me to avoid core use.  Since they are bugged, I use cores to avoid sinking nine to twelve points into colony skills and gimping my combat power.

Chasing Pather bases is annoying babysitting, and I disliked it in v0.9a.  (In my 0.9.1a game, I got colony skills so I can have several good colonies without cores and avoid zombie Pathers.  Big mistake with Pather bug.)  I want to destroy the core worlds to precisely eliminate the babysitting so I can freely explore worlds and grind Ordos without so many interruptions.  After core is dead, I need alpha cores to colonize a lot of worlds to make up for lost income via Population and Infrastructure.

Also, who know, maybe there would be a possibility to eliminate them entirely? We don't have full changelog yet, right?
Making zombies stay down would be so nice.  Of course, if rogue AI is buffed to outright steal colonies, that would make zombie Pathers moot.  Currently, AI going rogue is a non-factor, telling the player it wants to stay as a slave.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 11:36:27 AM by Megas »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 08:48:01 AM »

I find the whole plantetary LP cell thing pretty interesting in itself. What sucks though is the base hunting - goes for Pirates and LP. It's like paying upkeep on playtime by diverting X amount of it to playing whack-a-mole. Something a little more dynamic would make this way less of a chore. Like destroying bases actually resulting in an upside by way of hurting enemy logistics, or making the destruction more indepth, for example by making the destroyed base spawn migrant fleets that, if also hunted down, will set the re-basing effort back X amount of time or make sure that they pick an easier target in the future. Or having fleets blockade enemy bases.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 10:44:08 AM »

Pather cells were annoying because 1) they ignore all defenses that stop multi-fleet expeditions dead in their tracks, and locating them without the Intel bug was annoying.  Now, player needs to pay credits to find them... but he does not need to because, hey thanks Pather bug! and 2) they are immortal.  Well, if player can keep interest down low enough, they go away, but that will never happen on a world with a sticky alpha admin.

One year seems like enough time... for one cell.  If player cannot synch all of the cells to a single base, player then plays whack-a-mole with Pathers, and player already has whack-a-mole problems with pirates.

Actually, if player can just order his patrols to seek-and-destroy bases, so player can spend his time doing what he wants instead of playing beleaguered superhero answering every last trivial phone call, that would be nice.  Player has an army, but all they do is goof around his colonies eating donuts or getting high from stims.  Hegemony inspections can be bribed away with a click on the intel screen.  Dealing with bases from zombie factions should be similarly easy if player has the manpower and money (which he does when he has the full resources of his new major faction he built up).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:45:45 AM by Megas »