Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Pirate Trade Fleets should turn their transponder off?  (Read 679 times)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Pirate Trade Fleets should turn their transponder off?
« on: August 23, 2020, 07:53:20 AM »

Just a little suggestion for immersion to be honest. At the moment all pirate fleets except their convoys have their transponders turned off too hide. Trade convoys don't and immediately get jumped by every fleet that sees them. Would stop pirate stations deciving quicker than other colonies.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Trade Fleets should turn their transponder off?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 12:26:16 PM »

Hmm, yeah. They should already mostly be doing that, I think - since if they'd be smugglers (not regular traders) if they're going to a colony that's hostile to pirates. You'd only really see pirate "traders" going from one pirate base to another, and I suppose to the player's colonies, if the player is friendly with pirates. Does that match what you're seeing?

(They should probably keep the transponder off regardless, though, so let me do that.)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 01:35:34 PM »

Yeah, that matches what I'm seeing. It's just the trade fleets going between pirate bases that are not turning off their transponders. They almost never manage to get to their destinations cause they immediately get jumped by everyone due to their identity being known. I wasn't sure whether it was a feature or a bug so I posted it in suggestions.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 02:36:41 PM »

Thank you for confirming!

And, yeah, good call to post it in suggestions, generally anything that's kinda questionable works out better if it's posted here.