Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tempest class pirate-slayer loadout  (Read 1446 times)

Kix

• Ensign
  • i will become god
    • View Profile
Tempest class pirate-slayer loadout
« on: September 01, 2020, 08:42:23 PM »

I found a tempest class load out which can annihilate any pirate frigate + buffalo mk2s in one salvo. Can be a threat to most other converted hulls as well. Not very useful against anything else on its own. It is vulnerable to fighters if they overwhelm your drones.

Instructions:
I. manual control on missiles weapons group

1. vent flux to zero
2. press x to disable autofire
3. press r on your target and approach
4. when energy turrets turn towards your target, press f to enable high energy focus, and then press x to enable autofire
5. watch your target explode

rinse and repeat

Loadout:
Spoiler
[close]
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tempest class pirate-slayer loadout
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 09:03:38 PM »

Stabilized shields? In hit-and-run loadout? Seriously? And if you really need it's effect, why not shield conversion-front? Will do the same as stabilized shield + accelerated shields + extended shield at the cost of being only frontal. Doubtful, you really need it anyway.

Also, using a player Tempest to hunt junky ships is a waste of it potential. Player-controlled Tempest is able to compete with AI controlled cruisers.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Kix

• Ensign
  • i will become god
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 09:17:58 PM »

Stabilized shields? In hit-and-run loadout? Seriously? And if you really need it's effect, why not shield conversion-front? Will do the same as stabilized shield + accelerated shields + extended shield at the cost of being only frontal. Doubtful, you really need it anyway.

Also, using a player Tempest to hunt junky ships is a waste of it potential. Player-controlled Tempest is able to compete with AI controlled cruisers.

Its not needed, i just like it once I max vents. Front shield therefore probably not worth it.

hunting down "junk" ships isnt a waste. I spawn lone tempest to whittle down the enemy before spawning my main fleet. The phase-lance + HEF just makes it incredibly efficient per peak operation time.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 09:29:32 PM »

Its not needed, i just like it once I max vents.

Flux Distributor? Resistant Flux Conduits?

Also, if you focus on double phase lance, why not Advanced Optics?
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Kix

• Ensign
  • i will become god
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 09:47:32 PM »

Its not needed, i just like it once I max vents.

Flux Distributor? Resistant Flux Conduits?

Also, if you focus on double phase lance, why not Advanced Optics?

Flux distributor is probably the better choice. On tempest it has the same 75% efficiency compared to vents as stabilized shields, but obviously is still in effect when the shields are down.

I just tried Advanced optics, the turret traverse penalty isnt as bad as I thought. Could be useful, but at the same time im not sure it out ranges anything important.

The mods are definitely not the core to this build. The double phase lance plus HEF is.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 10:42:08 PM »

On frigates, always start with Flux Coil Adjunct. The capacitor pool (or shield capacity) boost is huge due to the naturally small starting pool.

Shield Conversion: Front runs into problems on fast ships when it's not a full bubble. You get a static shield dead zone that may be difficult to account for during fancy maneuvers. The Tempest will benefit more from Extended Shields.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 07:01:33 PM »

Flux Coil Adjunct is 75% of the capacity you'd get from the same amount of OP put into actual capacitors. You should only use it if you've already maxed out capacitors and really want more capacity.

Accelerated Shields is also really good for AI ships with omni shields, as they like to shield flicker and move the omni shield around a lot.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »

I love SO tempest with pulse + phase lance. Similar idea but it has hard flux to kill other things and zooms super fast