Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: quest only mods?  (Read 2659 times)

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
quest only mods?
« on: August 08, 2020, 07:36:56 PM »

any mods out there that are just a bunch of new quests as story missions are actually quite fun, anyone know any good mods for existing save compatible for this?

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: quest only mods?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 08:29:01 PM »

I'm unaware of any mods that only add quests. There are a number that have quests, in addition to their other features.

Boggled's mod contains a quest, although I think you need to be player level 45 to start it. And it adds a bunch of terraforming and fast travel stuff to the game.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0

My own Gates Awakened adds three quests, but also adds a form of fast travel to the game, which isn't everyone's cup of tea.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16562.0

I am working on a mod that does nothing but add little quests, but no ETA. Maybe next month, maybe next year, maybe never.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 08:31:22 AM »

Boggled's mod contains a quest, although I think you need to be player level 45 to start it

That would be two quests, and one is available from the start.

Both are short and relatively easy to complete.

@ immortalartisan, you pick wrong game for questing. There are possibility to create quests, but it's too damn hard to do a proper "choice web".
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Ced Riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 10:20:21 AM »

Vayra's Sector adds High Value Bounties, which are unique fights.
Ship & Weapon Pack adds the International Bounty Board, which adds bar quests sparking more unique bounties with the option to recover unique ships.
Legacy of Arkgenesis adds the "Adventure"-Quest with several fights, a unique ship, and a few unique blueprints.
Arsenal Expansion adds the "Promise"-Quest, again with several fights, a unique chat encounter and a unique ship, and a unique new player ability.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 11:47:54 AM »

Tiandong adds a quest as well.

To suggest another game to play alongside Starsector, Endless Sky is a visually and thematically similar game that is much more quest-focused. The gameplay is different, but I personally enjoyed both. And it's free.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Yeezet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »

Bro, i have no idea how to finish the promise quest. Does anyone actually know how?

Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 08:21:30 AM »

HMI add unmarked quest, you need manually read Morrowind style to understand what you actually need to do.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.